Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

Discus and support Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I made the mistake on black Friday & bought this all digital version to go side by side my Xbox One... I already had duplicate games for most of my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hunteil, Jan 12, 2020.

  1. Hunteil
    Hunteil Guest

    Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought


    So I made the mistake on black Friday & bought this all digital version to go side by side my Xbox One... I already had duplicate games for most of my games & remembered fondly the last time I had 2 xbox 360's & system linking. (Best times ever.) I even
    bought new copies of games like halo 5, MC etc etc... only to find out after xmas it's the version w/out disc drive...........

    So 1st the reason I didn't notice it was b/c i saw news saying not to worry, Microsoft wasn't going to butcher their systems & remove the drives completely just yet... -.-

    2nd I've noticed a lot of effort from Microsoft in pushing players towards digital content (like if you own MC in java you can get a free code for xbox). So I'm wondering is it possible to transfer disc license to an account? I.e. I have to give the games
    i have physically to my wife's xbox live account so she can play them without disc. (I guess the disc would become trash?) I'd still have my legally purchased duplicates i picked up over the years for my other console. I'm just looking for solutions before
    i return my console & not buy a console b/c prices jumped back up. :-(.

    :)
     
    Hunteil, Jan 12, 2020
    #1
  2. omgjordin Win User

    Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

    Hello! Sorry for your trouble.

    As has been stated, you cannot use a disc to obtain a digital code. I just wanted to add that there are Xbox One X consoles with disc drives in addition to the all-digital version. If your console is still new, maybe you could go and exchange it from the
    store you purchased it from for one with a disc drive? I believe there is a price difference in the consoles, so you may end up having a payment difference.

    Hope this helps!
  3. ImpaledGremlin Win User

    Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

    Yeah you cant do it I'm afraid, perhaps they could do it at a reduced fee??
  4. iareBRENDEN Win User

    Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

    It's not possible unfortunately. I think it's something Microsoft needs to consider doing though, even for a fee.
  5. Skyrider Y Win User

    Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

    Not possible, but a good idea!
  6. Barocio02 Win User

    Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

    I don't believe its possible to transfer the disk to a digital code, but I recommend that you can sell the CD games and with the money that you obtain you can buy he digital games from the xbox store, you could use ebay, craigslist or kijiji (depending
    where you live).
Thema:

Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought

Loading...
  1. Xbox One S (All Digital) Accidentally bought - Similar Threads - Digital Accidentally bought

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. How to retrieve the card code when accidentally scratched the last 2 digits off

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to retrieve the card code when accidentally scratched the last 2 digits off: Accidentally scratched the last 2 digits of the card off 601ff41d-54e9-44eb-9746-1613251688fc
  10. Xbox Series S Digital, Accidentally Switched to DVI

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Digital, Accidentally Switched to DVI: Hello. I have accidentally turned on dvi on my digital xbox series s and i dont know what to do. I have no dvi port to plug it into so if you know how to get rid of this and turn it back to hdmi,...