Xbox One S (2018) making weird beeping noises continously after being turned off

Discus and support Xbox One S (2018) making weird beeping noises continously after being turned off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, as i've noticed recently is that my Xbox One S (2018 model) is making weird beeping noises after shut down. The beeping noises won't stop unless i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crxwzlord, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Crxwzlord
    Crxwzlord Guest

Xbox One S (2018) making weird beeping noises continously after being turned off

So, as i've noticed recently is that my Xbox One S (2018 model) is making weird beeping noises after shut down. The beeping noises won't stop unless i turn it on, or turn it completely off. I've seen some threads from people saying something about the harddrive and having instant-on turned on, however i have no idea. Does anyone know what the problem could be or a good work-around?

:)

Crxwzlord, Jun 5, 2021
  2. Crxwzlord Win User

Okay, i'll try. Thank you very much
  3. XBF Zineb F Win User

Having the console on instant-on for a long time could result in the beeping sound so changing the mode would definitely a good idea. We also recommend accessing Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console

A reset could also fix your issue, In case you decided to go with that, you will need to follow the steps below:

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.
  4. Crxwzlord Win User

The first option worked perfectly! No more beeping noises. Thank you very much!
  5. mr goosebuster Win User

Xbox will randomly shut off

Clarification: After a closer examination, the beeping switched back and forth between the disc tray noise and power switch noise no matter if its on or off. Also those two buttons will make their noise if touched (sometimes) but neither will respond (EX:
    the disc tray wont open/close with the botton and the Xbox wont turn on or off with the button).
  6. BrentonChetty Win User

I can only store 15GB of Videos/Music on a XBox One S 1TB with 600GB free

Another quick question. Is it normal for the XBox to make a weird noise every few minutes. It makes a high frequency noise (like a beep) for around 1 second every few minutes. It also makes this noise on startup?
Thema:

1. Xbox One S (2018) making weird beeping noises continously after being turned off - Similar Threads - 2018 making weird

2. Recovering my Xbox account. (LOST IN ~2018)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering my Xbox account. (LOST IN ~2018): I've already went to the Xbox support link: "Find your Microsoft account email address | Xbox Support" and that doesn't help me at all, there's no information there. Dear Xbox Support Team, I...
  3. Sea of Thieves asking me to repurchase after buying it back in 2018

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves asking me to repurchase after buying it back in 2018: So I decided I wanted to redownload sea of thieves, but when I go to redownload it, it just asks me to repurchase as if I havent owned it before. I even went into my payment and billing history...
  4. Please cancel an auto-pay for Mine Craft since 2018. Billing ID: B-0E4975355L837524G

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please cancel an auto-pay for Mine Craft since 2018. Billing ID: B-0E4975355L837524G: Please cancel an auto-pay for Mine Craft since 2018. Billing ID: B-0E4975355L837524G My grandson did not alert me to the fact that he asked for a 30 day free trial for Mine Craft in 2018. I...
  5. On Rainbow Six Siege, I purchased the year 3 pass in 2018 and I recently lost all the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On Rainbow Six Siege, I purchased the year 3 pass in 2018 and I recently lost all the...: I have an Xbox Series S. I tried removing my account from the Xbox and adding it again and that didn't work. I have receipts from when I purchased the Year 3 Pass in 2018 as well....
  6. The key did not come Sea of Thieves Founder to participate in bte testing 2018

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The key did not come Sea of Thieves Founder to participate in bte testing 2018: Hello It's been many years and I was wondering why I did not get a code for Sea of Thieves Founder for participating in beta testing in 2018 7aadbd5b-fe86-4501-88ea-e8ef7361665b
  7. Recovering Email to xbox account I shared with friend in 2017-2018, how do I do this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering Email to xbox account I shared with friend in 2017-2018, how do I do this?: Hello, I'm trying to find the email to an account that I used to share with my friend on Fortnite during 2017-2018, but not sure where to start. He doesn't have the details so I'm trying to find...
  8. Why can't I load MW 2018.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I load MW 2018.: So I bought call of duty modern warfare (not mw2 modern warfare 2018) for xbox one and I decided hey I wanna play it but i loaded it up reinstalled it and all it is coming up with is hey buy mw2...
  9. Forza horizon 5 Audi RS4 2018

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 Audi RS4 2018: Only one question. Why would you put steering wheel on the right side in Audi RS4 2018 when all audis have left side steering wheels. Was so happy to drive this car in first person but this made...
  10. Have Microsoft make Halo Reach Games with gold for January 2018

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have Microsoft make Halo Reach Games with gold for January 2018: Please Make this Post get up there by liking or commenting to let Microsoft know we want halo reach to be games with gold next month! 96279647-fa4a-43d3-9545-4ee5c97f1d71