Xbox One "Robot White" Wireless Control versus Windows 10/11 - Can't Update?

Discus and support Xbox One "Robot White" Wireless Control versus Windows 10/11 - Can't Update? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; • Tried Windows 10 on the latest version • Tried Windows 11 on the latest version • Tried multiple USB cords • Tried multiple USB ports • Tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Timel_ss Deity, May 8, 2023.

1. Xbox One "Robot White" Wireless Control versus Windows 10/11 - Can't Update?

• Tried Windows 10 on the latest version

• Tried Windows 11 on the latest version

• Tried multiple USB cords

• Tried multiple USB ports

• Tried multiple PCs

• Tried uninstalling the USB Controller Driver and Rebooting

• I have the Xbox Accessory App

• The controller is turned on (white logo, flashing)

• Battery is at 100%, in fact I've even tried both Batteries + a Rechargeable Pack

- I don't have an Xbox

- I don't have the Xbox Dongle for PC, I use Bluetooth

I bought this about.. a year ago or so from The Source (local store) brand new unopened. The controller itself works great. I've used it on Steam, Xbox Cloud, Epic Games, and even used it to help build some Unreal 5 stuff. However, despite all the above, I just can't update the firmware on the controller or customize it because when it's plugged into a known-good USB port, the Xbox Accessory App absolutely does not pick up that it's connected/turned on. When I connect via BT, the OS picks up on the controller as an Xbox One controller, but the Accessory App doesn't pick up on it when it's connected via USB (and removed as a BT device).

I literally have no idea what to do here. I'm sure the controller needs a firmware update since I think I've only ever managed to get it to update once in the past, but it feels like I'm either forced to suck it up and buy the Dongle, or just deal with it as is. Can anyone else think of anything that MIGHT fix it?

:)

Timel_ss Deity, May 8, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Timel_ss Deity

I'm sorry that you've gone through all of this. I suggest you report this issue to Xbox or submit feedback.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We'll leave this thread open for our other amazing and helpful volunteers and community members, just in case they have some insights or knowledge they want to impart. However, our team specifically will bow-out for now, since our findings is that this concern is beyond the reach of the community.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

The USB port on the controller may be bad.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hi Timel_ss Deity

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you already performed all of the possible troubleshooting steps to fix your issue. If all troubleshooting guide found here: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support has already been performed and still having issues. I recommend for you to request a replacement.

If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Timel_ss Deity Win User

That's what I was afraid of. Says my warranty expired, but also that there's no "serviceable locations in my area" so I'm guessing apparently I can't even send it in for repairs even if I did have the money. Guess I'll just need to suck it up and use a degraded controller since I can't afford to buy a new one any time soon. It's weird that the USB port would break down so easily when I rarely ever used it, seems kind of like a fatal flaw.
  6. EzequielNeves19 Win User

I am trying to update my Xbox controller but whenever I try to update it the controller turns off

Hello OliverHollerung.
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today.
    I suggest you test by trying to update your controller using Windows 10 or Windows 11.

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:
    If you don't already have the app installed, get it in the Store:
    Microsoft Store
    Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller
Thema:

1. Xbox One "Robot White" Wireless Control versus Windows 10/11 - Can't Update? - Similar Threads - Robot White Wireless

2. New controller mic robotic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    New controller mic robotic: I got a new controller recently for Xbox and my friends have said that my mic now sounds roboticly in Xbox party on my old controller my mic sounds fine is there anything I can do to fix this...
  3. Can you plz add plankton’s robotic revenge to Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you plz add plankton’s robotic revenge to Xbox one: PlzzzzzZ add it it was such a good game 63cd62a9-dda4-4d79-a3e4-11701611b3b3
  4. Trouble registering my Xbox Wireless Controller (Robot White)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble registering my Xbox Wireless Controller (Robot White): When I tried to register my Xbox Wireless Controller colored in robot white, I don't think it's recognized correctly. feb1a597-8e6a-43b5-a298-0c7d9251ce99
  5. Hi can I talk with xbox live support ?.I mean with real person . no email and robot chat....

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can I talk with xbox live support ?.I mean with real person . no email and robot chat....: I wanna to talk with xbox live support with real person no robot chat or email . I wanna real person. Steps ?? 4b36af77-3246-4432-9d90-898650bb266e
  6. The robot check doesn't work.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The robot check doesn't work.: I have tried choosing the options and it just says its wrong all the time. I don't understand what its asking me. Choose x amount of kites, I will choose the closest picture even thou none of them...
  7. How do I get past “beat the robots”

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get past “beat the robots”: I’m trying to add my phone number to my account but have to beat the robots so I do that and it says verification complete you can continue your action but there’s no way to actually continue so...
  8. i can not pass the robot test to make a new account i have been trying for so long and i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can not pass the robot test to make a new account i have been trying for so long and i...: it’s the test where u have the icons and hands pointing that the animals have the same icon like i do not understand i’ve been trying for an hour now and it still makes me retake it even tho i...
  9. Xbox account recovery is a joke Xbox needs actual humans to do it not a robot

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox account recovery is a joke Xbox needs actual humans to do it not a robot: I'm over Microsoft Xbox I've spent years on my account and so much money I've lost access to my old phone number and email I've had it logged in on my Xbox before it just today decided to reset...
  10. Xbox One Makes Robot pattern noise then turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Makes Robot pattern noise then turns off: I believe I made a same post as this before but I can't find it. Anyways the problem I'm having is that when I turn on my Xbox, it makes a weird robot noise. I would suppose it might be a problem...