Xbox One - Remove Fortnite Account without setting up new Epic Account

Discus and support Xbox One - Remove Fortnite Account without setting up new Epic Account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently downloaded Fortnite on my Xbox one and it was automatically linked to my live account. I already have an epic games account with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JosefBugmanbigD, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Xbox One - Remove Fortnite Account without setting up new Epic Account

I have recently downloaded Fortnite on my Xbox one and it was automatically linked to my live account. I already have an epic games account with the same email address as my live account, so I can't go and create another account with epic to remove it from my live account. What can I do through Microsoft to remove this account, not through Epic's site?

Can you tell me how to unlinked a new account from my Microsoft live account so I can link my epic account?

:)

JosefBugmanbigD, Feb 15, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I'm sorry but for unlinking a game account, we can't do that on our Microsoft account's end, it will be on the game support end.

You may need to reach out to Epic games to check the options available for you.
  3. jessjess222 Win User

Sharing games in the household.

It depends, because Epic Games doesn't allow you to play the same Fortnite account at the same time. It will remove the other Fortnite Game session from Gameplay. If you're trying to play Fortnite with your own account, you'd need to unlink the Xbox account from, in your current situation, your son, and then you'd need to make a new Xbox Account for your Son, and link the new Xbox Account to his Epic Games Account. You will, however not be able to see your son's Fortnite Game progress, since you've transferred it to a new Xbox account. I'd recommend you to follow up with Xbox Support and Epic Games.
  4. wi7bit Win User

sending/receiving friend requests on xbox one s

5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Epic Games Fortnite account issue with xbox

Epic Games recommends creating a new Epic account for each platform from which you play: PC, Xbox, and Playstation. When you played on console, Fortnite created a temporary Epic account for you based on your Xbox Live or PSN
    credentials, and signing in to the
    Fortnite Website
    with your XBL/PSN credentials will allow you to promote it to a full Epic account.

Do not use the credentials for any existing Epic account. If you get an "account already linked" error message, you are most likely trying to use an email address or display name that is already in use.

If you have previously linked an Epic account to multiple platforms, you will want to contact Epic Support to properly move your linked accounts over without deleting your progress.

Once you've created your new Epic account (or promoted your console account to a full Epic account), you can return to Fortnite Scout and view your console stats with your new Epic username.
  6. Jessica Congiardo Win User

Reset parental pin not working on Fortnite

Yes, when I go into account settings on the website and on her Nintendo switch (through parental controls via Fortnite )the information matches up. However, when I go into Fortnite and I go to settings and to account. The epic account ID and epic display name is different.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Remove Fortnite Account without setting up new Epic Account - Similar Threads - Remove Fortnite Account

2. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  3. Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts

in XBoX on Windows
    Smwutches disrespectful keeps removing my posts: Smwutches keeps removing my post as this person has been harassing me. Would like to know who do I talk to about them. I will keep reposting until I have an answer. I'd like to speak to an admin....
  4. How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove a family passcode from an Xbox 360?: I've been trying for 2 days to remove a family passcode from a used system with no luck (I'm unable to play Dead or Alive). I tried by myself on 4-10-2024 and today (4-11-2024) for an hour with...
  5. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  6. Contorller's warranty was removed after repairs

in XBoX on Windows
    Contorller's warranty was removed after repairs: Hello. My Xbox Elite 2 Controller was on 2-year warranty until the middle of 2025. Recently I had some issues with it and had sent it for repairs. During the service the controller was removed...
  7. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  8. How can I remove touch controls when playing Fortnite on cloud gaming when I have a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I remove touch controls when playing Fortnite on cloud gaming when I have a...: I have tried everything that I could find in replies to similar questions but nothing is working, please help. 5cee474a-1a6f-42b7-8834-172fc716950d
  9. How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I remove touch gaming options from my screen on Fortnite . I connected a controller...: So I’m trying to play Fortnite on an iPad Pro through Xbox cloud gaming . I’ve been able and to play the game with a wireless Xbox controller connected via Bluetooth to the iPad Pro and play...
  10. My fortnite account was made with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I changed it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My fortnite account was made with *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I changed it...: They sent a reset pasword to the creation I tried to acces does not exist I creat one it is taken how? Please help me recover it I need it badly 88fcebc1-440a-4ae9-988f-3a45a7b9adf6