Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion

Discus and support Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I normally play Xbox on my hp laptop, as my significant other watches tv. I’ll play for weeks with no problem then out of nowhere when I turn on my... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dalton_daysmith, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion

So I normally play Xbox on my hp laptop, as my significant other watches tv. I’ll play for weeks with no problem then out of nowhere when I turn on my Xbox and start the app on my lap top the app doesn’t register my Xbox as on and only shows the “turn on console” button. I try to forget and reconnect the console but it “does not show up on my network”. When I type in the ip address it still does not connect. So I stop playing for a few days, even weeks trying it periodically. Then one day it connects and is back to normal, until the process inevitably repeats. Is this normal? Is there a better quicker fix? I have also tried restarting both devices, also while the Xbox does not connect to my laptop it will still connect and be able to play on my phone 100% of the time it works on my phone. Thank you for reading, hope to hear back soon.

submitted by /u/dalton_daysmith
    [link] [comments]

/u/dalton_daysmith, Oct 27, 2021
  2. xClampyy Win User

Zyxel: MAC Filtering

there isn’t an active box. there are disable, allow, or deny boxes though. my xbox was connected to the internet fine then the xbox randomly turned itself off and it won’t connect. i’ve reset the wifi and everything.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

I can't add my Xbox 360 to the Xbox app

Yeah, Phoenix_Reins is correct with this, the Xbox console companion app only works with the Xbox One. There is no app that connects to the Xbox 360.
  4. Northern Lass Win User

Xbox Console Companion App

Are you logged into your xbox and the console companion with the same gamertag?

Check that your Xbox One console allows Xbox Console Companion app connections. You’ll find this on the console by pressing the Xbox button  to
    open the guide, going to System > Settings, selecting Preferences > Xbox
    app connectivity
    , and then selecting Allow connections from any device.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

I cant sign in to SmartGlass and settings sends me to support page.

Hello JoeMantz,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are looking to connect your Xbox One to the Xbox Companion app. To set this up, please follow the steps here:

Game Streaming with Xbox Console Companion App

I hope this helps.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
Thema:

Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion

1. Xbox one randomly won’t connect to Xbox console companion - Similar Threads - randomly won’t connect

2. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  3. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  5. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  6. Random Unstable Wireless Connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Unstable Wireless Connection.: My wireless wifi connection has become unstable from nowhere despite nothing moving and powercycling, reconnecting, and restarting my router and console have not changed anything. This is on an...
  7. Xbox series s randomly restarted itself

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s randomly restarted itself: I was watching a twitch stream without any heat issues and my Xbox randomly shut off without that sound that it makes when it shuts off then immediately turned back on like i pressed restart. This...
  8. My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x controller disconnects and reconnects on my pc randomly: Hello, recently I've been having this issue when playing a game where my controller would randomly disconnect and reconnect even in wired on PC, I tried other usb cables, batteries, another pc,...
  9. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  10. Rocket league won’t install / update and GTA V will randomly crash a few minutes into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Rocket league won’t install / update and GTA V will randomly crash a few minutes into...: There are multiple games that I have owned for many years that I’m having trouble with suddenly. One game called Rocket League tells me I need to update it to play it. Except every time the update...