Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing...

Discus and support Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox one will shut off randomly (light on the power brick will turn orange instead of the usual white) while I am playing Rockstar games... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BigMike1501, Jun 30, 2022.

1. BigMike1501
    BigMike1501 Guest

Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing...

My Xbox one will shut off randomly (light on the power brick will turn orange instead of the usual white) while I am playing Rockstar games (specifically GTA V and Red Dead Redemption 2). It does not do this with any other games or applications. It has been plugged into different outlets (in 3 different houses), doesn't seem hot, and I've got about 1/3 of storage empty. It has done this for about a year, but has started doing it every single time I play one of those games. How can I fix this?

:)

BigMike1501, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Contradictions Win User

Error code 0x8027025a...I have a $500 paperweight now.

Power it off completely and then try signing in again. Make sure it's turned off and not just in standby mode (the light on the power brick should be orange instead of white when it's off). Let us know if that works.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Power brick won't turn off

Hi

The power brick for the Xbox One console never fully turns off if your console is set to instant on mode the light on the power brick will remain white with the console switched off and if the console is set to power save mode the light will be orange/yellow
    when the console is switched off.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing Rockstar games.

Hello BigMike.

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Friend, when the console restarts like this, it's usually because the game demands a lot of processing and a lot of energy, and with a damaged component, it turns off because it doesn't get the necessary energy.

Unfortunately mcirosoft no longer supports the xbox one model.

So the best advice I can give is to look for a particular assistance in your region, and ask the technician to carry out an analysis to verify a possible repair.

Sorry about that, BigMike.

All respects
  5. Displaynamekm Win User

Xbox flashes on then turns off immediately

No it did not the Xbox continues to flash white then shut off. The power brick though flashes white then turns orange then turns off
  6. Sufi Yan Win User

Xbox One Original power brick cycle from white to orange light 3 to 4 times when I plug it in

I've tried these steps but it didn't solve the problem. It's strange I haven't seen my power bricks light do that ever and there isn't any video of such problem on the internet. When I plug it into the xbox one it just turns white then after a second orange then again white then orange it does it 4 times at least and when it's doing it my Xbox power button does nothing and when it's done doing it and remains orange then the power buttons works but Xbox shuts off after a second
Thema:

1. Xbox One randomly shuts off (orange light on power brick instead of white) while playing... - Similar Threads - randomly shuts off

2. Series x randomly shutting down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x randomly shutting down: Hi all, I have a series x since release and have never had any issues but lately the console shuts off on its own while playing a game. I have had it cleaned by a store that has looked after all...
  3. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off: Hello, I see this a lot but I can’t find anything concrete to solving the issue. Recently bought this console in August. Upon playing certain games it would just turn off, controller still on. It...
  4. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...
  5. Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X randomly shuts off after 5-10 minutes of gameplay: So, here’s one I haven’t been able to find a solution for… As the title says, my Series X randomly shuts off only after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Literally. It is in shut down power mode, so...
  6. What to do when Xbox shuts off for randomly and then continues to shut off multiple times after

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when Xbox shuts off for randomly and then continues to shut off multiple times after: My Xbox shuts off randomly when I’m playing games and then will continue to do so after for a short period and it will randomly crash games if they are over 40Gb only some games won’t crash and...
  7. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....
  8. Original Xbox One Random Shut Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One Random Shut Off: For the past 2 months my Xbox can not be played for more than two hours without randomly shutting down completely. I have not got any warnings or notifications something is wrong but when I check...
  9. Random Shut Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Shut Off: Bought the One X after having my original One for two plus years with no issues. The One X from about the second week I had it until now randomly shuts off.......really annoying!! Put a fan...
  10. Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Random Shut Off after 2 min: Hi I've had my device since 20/12/2011 so roughly 5 years, i very sparingly use this device, recently when I turned it on it ran for 2 mins then shuts off, then i have to unplug everything and...