Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ...

Discus and support Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI). After first restart, could still connect controller, but then after restart can't even do that. Also cannot... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TuskedJarl57426, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ...

Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI). After first restart, could still connect controller, but then after restart can't even do that. Also cannot eject game disc. Previously was playing, but game froze and I didn't try to restart until now.

Can't use chat support because first and last name are greyed out and it won't let me connect without first/last name...

Any help appreciated!

:)

TuskedJarl57426, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Xbox One No Signal On TV Please Help

I can't find a support forum so move there there if you want...

Ok so this morning my xbox one worked fine... but then I had a power cut so I went out

Came home 5 hours later and turned my xbox one on and... Nothing... it powers up but I have no display on my tv... Nothing has changed..

I have tried diffrent ports hdmi 1 hdmi 2 ect... All I get on my tv is no signal detected... I tried a diffrent tv too

My tv just won't connect to xbox... I can't get a display on my tv please help..

I went to get it fixed but they wanted 250 puns just to see it... no thanks

Project Danny, Aug 10, 2016
  3. csc2205
    csc2205 Guest
    Xbox 360 slim not working

Powers up and green light comes on in center ( no light on the ring) but controller will not connect. also get " no signal" on tv.

csc2205, Aug 10, 2016
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ...

M3tal Daz3, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Try completely unplugging your Xbox from the power supply and leave it for 5 minutes.

Luciano Di Mase, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Situation seems to be resolved. Tried next day... couldn't cycle when this was happening, because couldn't eject game disc or get any video signal... Thanks for suggestions and help!!

TuskedJarl57426, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

How can i connect my xbox 360 to my hp all in one computer (windows 10) using a HDMI cord?

Hi,

The answer unfortunately for you is that it can't be done. The HDMI connector on your HP-All-In-One is an
    HDMI out. This means it can only send a video signal out, to another larger display for example. It can't receive an incoming HDMI signal and display it on the monitor.

You can stream your Xbox One to your Windows 10 computer, but you won't be able to connect your console to this PC with HDMI.

Sorry.
  8. OpticRJames Win User

xbox series x turns on but no image, then turns off 1 minute later

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please do the steps below in sequence to do a factory reset and let me know if it works:

- Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

- Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

- Wait 30 seconds.

- Plug the power cord back in.

- Press and hold the BIND button (the one you use to sync controllers) and the EJECT button, and then press the Xbox button on the console.

- Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

- Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart.

Note: If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

- You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

- The console should start and show the Troubleshooting screen

- Choose "reset this Xbox" and there you have an option to Keep Games and Apps (already downloaded) or to Remove Everything

If you are getting a no-signal error with a black screen on your TV then do the steps below instead.

Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are turned on.

Check that your TV is set to the correct input signal (HDMI).

Check that the HDMI cable connections to your console and to your TV are secure.

Check that the HDMI cable is connected to the "out to TV" port on the console.

Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV.

Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.

Try connecting your console to a different TV.

Power cycle your Xbox One: Press and hold the Xbox button  for 10 seconds to turn off the console, and then turn it on again.
  9. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One x no 1080p

Try the following:

Eject any disc and remove the disc from the console if necessary.

Hold the Power button on the console for about 10 seconds to turn the console off.

With the console off, check that the cable is securely seated in the HDMI OUT port of the console (not the HDMI IN port!!!)

If the HDMI cable is properly inserted in the correct port, hold the Eject button on the console down, and also hold the Power button on the console.

The console will chime once as soon as you press the power button down. Keep the Eject and power button held down for about 10 seconds, and you should hear the console chime a second time.

When the console chimed a second time, let go of the buttons and let the console boot into a rescue resolution mode.

If your monitor shows a signal now, set up the console's video settings to 1080p.

If the monitor still doesn't show a picture, try the console on a different monitor or TV.

Should the console still not show a picture after this, it needs to be repaired.

You can sign up the console for a warranty repair at
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  10. RAGEOFRANGER Win User

My Original Xbox is not cooperating. I desperately need help.

I can't do anything with the console right now. It literally won't let me manually open the troubleshoot window using the hold link controller button + insert/eject disc and hold the power. It just tries linking a controller or running the disc reader
    and either turns the console off or on. It takes about 10 minutes for the console to bring back the menu after restarting it or turning it off and on.
  11. - AJ - Win User

How do i get my files off of it?

Hi, Kal! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your console.

To clarify, by "files" are you referring to your games' saved data?

----------

• Is your screen displaying a "No signal", "Input not supported", or a similar message?

• Have you also tried a different HDMI port on your TV or even a different TV?

• Have you already tried either of these alternative boot-up methods?

Display Reset:

- If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    - On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    - Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second beep occurs.

Xbox Startup Troubleshooter:

- Turn your console off and unplug it for 30 seconds.
    - Plug your console back into the outlet.
    - While the console is off, press and hold the BIND and EJECT buttons.
    - Without letting go of them, press the power button once (do not hold).
    - Continue holding BIND and EJECT for 15 seconds, or until you hear a second boo-up tone.

* The BIND button is the one used to link controllers to your console and the EJECT button is the one used to eject disc games.

----------

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

1. Xbox One powers up but no signal (HDMI), can't eject disc and controllers won't ... - Similar Threads - powers signal HDMI

2. Xbox series s won't power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s won't power on: All my light does is flash n goes off c0832ebb-b595-4858-ab40-d6cc803d6d35
  3. Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X power button rapidly blinks.: So today I plugged in and turned on my xbox series x for the first time in 2 months. There was of course a system update of 5gbs. I noticed the whole time the update was happening, the power light...
  4. XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X no signal at boot, powers off: Encountering an issue where I cant seem to get an HDMI signal no matter what I try. The console will only stay on about a minute or so before powering off. Console is located in well ventilated...
  5. Xbox not turning on - powers on but no signal.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not turning on - powers on but no signal.: Device not outputting any signal to TV. Unable to start in safe mode, despite power cycling No issues with HDMI cable or with ports on the TV as these function with a different games console...
  6. What do I do, my Xbox one s digital turns on won’t fully power up, gives me a no signal...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do I do, my Xbox one s digital turns on won’t fully power up, gives me a no signal...: My Xbox one S digital will turn on but won’t connect? I tried everything I could think off but I can’t fix the resolution issue if that is what it is since the connection button seems faulty, I...
  7. Xbox one x powers on, no signal, shuts off after a minute. Power supply?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x powers on, no signal, shuts off after a minute. Power supply?: I have had random issues with my xbox one x since I got it. It started shutting games and apps off randomly about a month ago. Everything was fine when I turned it off two days ago. Tried to turn...
  8. Xbox one not completing signal (bad power source?)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not completing signal (bad power source?): I have an Xbox one and when I hook it up to my TV, it does not complete the signal to the TV. I know the HDMI cable is good, I had it hooked to another console. Everything looks like it turns on...
  9. was the option to send double power signal to projector taken away

in XBoX on Consoles
    was the option to send double power signal to projector taken away: since update my xbox one will not send a double power signal to turn my projector off and I do not see the setting anymore. was this deleted? c2235cd0-5b26-4538-9971-4472715fa70a
  10. power, no signal, everything hooked up 100% right

in XBoX on Consoles
    power, no signal, everything hooked up 100% right: so I powered up my xbox today after work and find it froze at the dashboard so the genius I am I restart the xbox to try to resolve the problem and go to start it back up and find out NOTHING is...