xbox one powering off

Discus and support xbox one powering off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one will turn on with the chime but will chime again and power off without the command. when i plug the power supply in and the light turns... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kellinquinn00, Oct 15, 2017.

1. xbox one powering off

my xbox one will turn on with the chime but will chime again and power off without the command. when i plug the power supply in and the light turns orange and when i power it on the light turns white but will turn back orange and power the console.

:)

kellinquinn00, Oct 15, 2017
  2. Xbox One Powering Off

I think you would not have to deposit anything if being out of console while yours is received, and they can send replacement.

They probably go by list prices, not actuall retailer prices.

I bought launch X1 when slim came recently - and prices dropped $150 on launch version.

Now that console is not just a game console anymore, it is much more personal information on there.

And this replacement stuff I hope I never need it due to that you know how you handled your unit, and may get one that is much harder used.

Anyway, your post got my attention since I had a similar issue today - just inserted a new game after boot, and did not quite pay attention but saw my controller was shut off, and green bootscreen was running again and had no idea what happend. Sudden short
    power surge or something, I hope.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Xbox One Powering Off

My Xbox One which is less than a year old recently started shutting off any time I launched a game. I contacted Xbox one support and was told I should do an advanced exchange putting down a deposit of $415 ( which is ridiculous because i can buy a new Xbox
    for $100 less) plus they charged me $15 for the "free" shipping label I was sent... Anyway I received the new Xbox one and sent mine in only to have the same issue...I was then told by another support rep that it was most likey the power source and I should
    do an exchange for that by sending mine in so a new service request was made for that as well. Why I wasn't sent a new Xbox AND power cord when I did the advanced exchange and put down a $415 deposit which is $100 more than a brand new Xbox even costs, I don't
    know. Regardless I shipped my power source to Xbox, at my expense as nobody would provide a shipping label, and am now waiting to get a new power cord so I can hopefully get back online. After talking with four different customer service reps I am still left
    confused as to if I keep this Xbox they sent me and when my $415 will be released... Also I was told I would get free shipping on the Xbox so the extra $15 charge on my card for that on top of the additional $15 I had to pay to ship the power cord was an unpleasant
    surprise. This whole process seems confused and unorganized, why if I put down a deposit worth more than the value of the item itself... And pay the shipping... Would I not receive a full working Xbox system with cords? Hopefully i can get some answers here
    soon and get back online...was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with this problem and or with this warranty service, thanks!

DangerReis-[xboxvenue], Oct 15, 2017
  4. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

Xbox one powers off

Is the XBOX one actually shutting off or is the game quitting to the menu?

Firs thing I would do is if the actual console is powering off, make sure it is in a place where it is not overheating.
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Power off Xbox one

Yeah, similar to PlayStation. It would be a great option.
  6. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Xbox One Powering Off

I think you would not have to deposit anything if being out of console while yours is received, and they can send replacement.

They probably go by list prices, not actuall retailer prices.

I bought launch X1 when slim came recently - and prices dropped $150 on launch version.

Now that console is not just a game console anymore, it is much more personal information on there.

And this replacement stuff I hope I never need it due to that you know how you handled your unit, and may get one that is much harder used.

Anyway, your post got my attention since I had a similar issue today - just inserted a new game after boot, and did not quite pay attention but saw my controller was shut off, and green bootscreen was running again and had no idea what happend. Sudden short
    power surge or something, I hope.
  7. Francia J. Win User

Xbox one powering off

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

We may need to reset the power supply or internal power supply.

If I may ask, what Xbox One console do you have? Is it the Xbox One Original, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X?

We will be following the steps on this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  8. XBF Leo G Win User

Power off Xbox one

Hi Darshiva,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent repetitive answers.
    Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue. We will be more than happy to answer any questions and provide solution. Thank you again and have a good day!
Thema:

xbox one powering off

1. xbox one powering off - Similar Threads - powering off

2. Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X - Powering off after a few seconds: Hello, just wanted to reach out and see if anyone is having a similar issue? Or if anyone knows what can be done to alleviate this problem. I have an Xbox One X that I use for beta updates, and...
  3. My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S almost caught fire while powered off: Xbox Series S was powered off and almost caught fire. It was sitting plugged in on a brand new power strip and I started smelling a weird smell, I looked around and my Xbox was off but smoking a...
  4. Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dropped Xbox off shelf now it power zone for 10 seconds and power out back off what can I...: Yes I dropped my Xbox One off the shelf and now at power zone for 10 seconds shows a Xbox One logo and power is off so there's no trouble shooting can be done any ideas Would be greatly...
  5. My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?: I turned on my xbox and just reliazed that the power button is not on even though I didint touch the settings. I cleared the area as I just moved it from one from to another. [img]...
  6. Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Turning off after powering on: Hi Posting here about an issue that is happening with my brand new Series X Occurring randomly, without a pattern... Might happen today and never happen during the upcoming days, or just happen...
  7. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  8. i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...

in XBoX on Windows
    i have an x box one s, and when powered off it is making an electrical ticking noise. i...: hi, i have an x box one s, and when powered off is making a faint but audible electrical ticking noise. i have checked it is in energy saving mode but is still making the noise. the noise goes...
  9. Xbox powers off playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox powers off playing certain games: While playing games like Cod or The Finals my console will just shut off while playing them after a few minutes, no error codes nothing just off. It’s not over heating or anything it just happens...
  10. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...