xbox one powering off

Discus and support xbox one powering off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my xbox one will turn on with the chime but will chime again and power off without the command. when i plug the power supply in and the light turns... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kellinquinn00, Oct 15, 2017.

1. xbox one powering off

my xbox one will turn on with the chime but will chime again and power off without the command. when i plug the power supply in and the light turns orange and when i power it on the light turns white but will turn back orange and power the console.

:)

kellinquinn00, Oct 15, 2017
  2. Xbox One Powering Off

I think you would not have to deposit anything if being out of console while yours is received, and they can send replacement.

They probably go by list prices, not actuall retailer prices.

I bought launch X1 when slim came recently - and prices dropped $150 on launch version.

Now that console is not just a game console anymore, it is much more personal information on there.

And this replacement stuff I hope I never need it due to that you know how you handled your unit, and may get one that is much harder used.

Anyway, your post got my attention since I had a similar issue today - just inserted a new game after boot, and did not quite pay attention but saw my controller was shut off, and green bootscreen was running again and had no idea what happend. Sudden short
    power surge or something, I hope.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Xbox One Powering Off

My Xbox One which is less than a year old recently started shutting off any time I launched a game. I contacted Xbox one support and was told I should do an advanced exchange putting down a deposit of $415 ( which is ridiculous because i can buy a new Xbox
    for $100 less) plus they charged me $15 for the "free" shipping label I was sent... Anyway I received the new Xbox one and sent mine in only to have the same issue...I was then told by another support rep that it was most likey the power source and I should
    do an exchange for that by sending mine in so a new service request was made for that as well. Why I wasn't sent a new Xbox AND power cord when I did the advanced exchange and put down a $415 deposit which is $100 more than a brand new Xbox even costs, I don't
    know. Regardless I shipped my power source to Xbox, at my expense as nobody would provide a shipping label, and am now waiting to get a new power cord so I can hopefully get back online. After talking with four different customer service reps I am still left
    confused as to if I keep this Xbox they sent me and when my $415 will be released... Also I was told I would get free shipping on the Xbox so the extra $15 charge on my card for that on top of the additional $15 I had to pay to ship the power cord was an unpleasant
    surprise. This whole process seems confused and unorganized, why if I put down a deposit worth more than the value of the item itself... And pay the shipping... Would I not receive a full working Xbox system with cords? Hopefully i can get some answers here
    soon and get back online...was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with this problem and or with this warranty service, thanks!

DangerReis-[xboxvenue], Oct 15, 2017
  4. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

Xbox one powers off

Is the XBOX one actually shutting off or is the game quitting to the menu?

Firs thing I would do is if the actual console is powering off, make sure it is in a place where it is not overheating.
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Power off Xbox one

Yeah, similar to PlayStation. It would be a great option.
  6. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Xbox One Powering Off

I think you would not have to deposit anything if being out of console while yours is received, and they can send replacement.

They probably go by list prices, not actuall retailer prices.

I bought launch X1 when slim came recently - and prices dropped $150 on launch version.

Now that console is not just a game console anymore, it is much more personal information on there.

And this replacement stuff I hope I never need it due to that you know how you handled your unit, and may get one that is much harder used.

Anyway, your post got my attention since I had a similar issue today - just inserted a new game after boot, and did not quite pay attention but saw my controller was shut off, and green bootscreen was running again and had no idea what happend. Sudden short
    power surge or something, I hope.
  7. XBF Leo G Win User

Power off Xbox one

Hi Darshiva,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent repetitive answers.
    Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue. We will be more than happy to answer any questions and provide solution. Thank you again and have a good day!
  8. Flymonkey102 Win User

Power off Xbox one

That's a great suggestion to put on the Insider subreddit.
Thema:

xbox one powering off

1. xbox one powering off - Similar Threads - powering off

2. My Xbox series s will not power up the Xbox light comes on then goes off straight away...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s will not power up the Xbox light comes on then goes off straight away...: Any other fixes for Xbox series s ,Xbox power on light comes on for a sec then goes off 88a3ff61-f100-40f3-930b-a6d3693d4c2a
  3. Xbox powered off due to inactivity, now the game i was playing is broken.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox powered off due to inactivity, now the game i was playing is broken.: Hi, I was playing ark: survival evolved on the series X when i had to step away from the console for a while. The console powered off while still connected to an unofficial pc server. When i came...
  4. Can't connect a new controller the power button keeps flashing on and off slowly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect a new controller the power button keeps flashing on and off slowly: Bought a new blue controller put new batteries The power button continues to flash on and off slowly 9e93fe05-9799-4c40-9297-978840fe1dbd
  5. Audio loss after self-power off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio loss after self-power off: Hello I’ve recently discovered after having to do 3 soft and 1 hard reset over the last 4 weeks … that every time Xbox reaches the maximum predetermined standby time and self powers off … on start...
  6. New controller vibrates twice during initial pairing and powers off

in XBoX on Consoles
    New controller vibrates twice during initial pairing and powers off: New Xbox series x controller; using with xbox one s console. Got one new controller to pair with no issues. Second controller…press pair button on console and pair button on controller…it...
  7. Xbox button will turn controller and console on, can use it to power cycle controller off....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox button will turn controller and console on, can use it to power cycle controller off....: Controller is 2 months old. The xbox button will turn on the controller and will also turn on console, but it won’t bring up the guide or anything onscreen. It will only turn off by power cycle....
  8. I cant get my game chat to work at all ! on any game .. tried everything .. power on/off ,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant get my game chat to work at all ! on any game .. tried everything .. power on/off ,...: cant get my game chat to work at all ! on any game .. tried everything .. power on/off , hard reset, NAT says open .. etc.. driving me crazy 2c6a2b3b-7b3c-48f9-a4fb-fd9b5fbff0a2
  9. Xbox One S power button light turning on for one second then back off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S power button light turning on for one second then back off: My Xbox One S won’t stay turned on. I press the power button and it will turn on for one second then right back off and that’s all it’ll do. I’ve tried plugging it into different outlets to fix...
  10. My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox powers off after 5 seconds or so of it being on. I'm pretty sure it might be a...: My xbox one s turns on but won't stay on. If It does it goes to the troubleshoot screen. I try to reset to factory settings but it'll turn itself off in the middle of it. I hit reset and turn off...