Xbox One pixelated screen? Fix?

Discus and support Xbox One pixelated screen? Fix? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] Okay, so I turn on my Xbox today, ready to play some COD. When I turn it on, it looks like this. Please help. 3de702c4-3c61-4e31-a0ae-8079164c5c94 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sheer Idiocracy, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Xbox One pixelated screen? Fix?

Xbox One pixelated screen? Fix? [​IMG]

Okay, so I turn on my Xbox today, ready to play some COD. When I turn it on, it looks like this. Please help.

:)

Sheer Idiocracy, Jan 20, 2018
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Xbox One small pixelated screen.

Hey jacko5miL!

Sorry to hear about the issue! I recommend starting out by navigating to 'Display & sound settings' from the 'All settings screen' and ensuring that everything is appropriately set up. Additionally, under 'Audio output', switch HDMI audio to 'Stereo uncompressed'
    to make sure the audio can come through.

If you have verified everything is set up appropriately and the issue persists, the next step will be to

Factory Restore yur Xbox One console
    . Be sure to select 'Keep my games & apps'!

Please keep us posted on how that goes. Xbox One pixelated screen? Fix? :)

Mister Beep, Jan 20, 2018
  3. JCRobertson
    JCRobertson Guest
    Xbox One small pixelated screen.

jacko4mil,

I have the same problem but for me at least it's a problem only if I turn on the Xbox One console first before turning on the TV.

My theory is that the TV is only able to communicate its capabilities when it's actually on. When the Xbox is turned on and doesn't receive TV capabilities information, it sets itself to the lowest possible resolution to ensure maximum compatibility.

Lets try this. Before turning the Xbox on, turn the TV on first (and wait for it to fully boot up to it's "no signal" message (if it displays one)... Then turn the Xbox on.

Please keep me posted if this helps solve your issue.

JCRobertson, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Xbox One pixelated screen? Fix?

First, try different HDMI cables and/or HDMI inputs on your TV. Ensure the HDMI connector is securely plugged into the ports on both sides of the cable.

Another thing to check is your resolution settings in the Xbox, or your TV display settings (e.g. overscan, scaling, etc) with your TV remote. See if there’s anything that you can adjust, and make sure it set to use the full resolution that your Xbox and
    your TV supports.

Internet Expert, Jan 24, 2018
  5. Internet Expert Win User

First, try different HDMI cables and/or HDMI inputs on your TV. Ensure the HDMI connector is securely plugged into the ports on both sides of the cable.

Another thing to check is your resolution settings in the Xbox, or your TV display settings (e.g. overscan, scaling, etc) with your TV remote. See if there’s anything that you can adjust, and make sure it set to use the full resolution that your Xbox and
    your TV supports.
  6. ReaPer jedi Win User

White pixel in UI xbox one

I also noticed the white pixel on the bottom right of the screen in the home uI. I first thought my tv was displaying a stuck pixel but now realise its from the Xbox one. Why is it there? But I do love the Xbox one
  7. WillSmithVXR Win User

Xbox one and tv aspect ratio issue

Set my TV to "Full Pixel" and the Xbox One calibration screen fits perfectly without tweaking.
  8. elquietone Win User

Tv Or Xbox?

Hello,

Can you change the TV to an AV channel without the Xbox on, something with a 1 color background like blue or black should work. I only ask this because if you are seeing green pixels showing up on the TV screen, it is usually the result of a dead pixel on
    the TV. I would ask are the pixels always in the same spot on the TV when you see them.. as Dead pixels don't move around. If there was something wrong with the Xbox display it would commonly affect the whole TV screen and not just a pixel or 2. If you think
    its the Xbox, try playing around with the setting for HDMI, like change between 720p and 1080p as well as screen size and see if that has any change.

If it is indeed seen on the TV when your on the AV screen's or a 1 color screen if you can make it show up like that.. (turn on your DVD/BR player to its default screen which are normally 1 color and you might be able to see if the pixels are there too. Being
    that its new you should be able to exchange the TV for a new one and tell them you see dead pixels as the reason for the return.

The reason I think it is a dead pixel is because a friend of mine bought a new TV and when I helped him set it up in his basement, we were presented with Green and Pink pixels in about 4 spots on the screen, which were really obvious, so we returned it.

Anyways, let me know what the result is. :)
  9. Mister Cerb Win User

Xbox One Dashboard white pixel?

Hey there csf!

Is that pixel only in that one corner? It doesn't look like anything overly wrong if it's only on the home screen, and when you change the resolution to 720p that pixel is probably off the screen.

Do you see this pixel anywhere other than the home screen (playing games, watching Netflix, etc)?

Let us know and we'll be standing by to hear back from you. ^_^
Thema:

1. Xbox One pixelated screen? Fix? - Similar Threads - pixelated screen Fix

2. Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...

in XboX Insiders
    Whenever I load my xbox up, there are these pixels on my screen that react weird to in game...: Any idea on how to fix? If it helps, it occasionally just blacks out for a second or two. Its not the TV because streaming stuff on it works completely fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Serie S Display issue black pixel: Hello since last night my xbox no longer seems to be working properly. The display is very slow or even completely dysfunctional, pixels appear everywhere, a fixed black screen and at times a...
  4. Pixelated horizontal line

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pixelated horizontal line: When I play my xbox one I have a pixelated horizontal line that appears about an inch from the top. It only does this when I use my xbox one. I have tried going into my system settings and...
  5. I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...

in XBoX on Windows
    I've had this laptop for about 6 months now, and already i have been seeing white pixels...: I am currently not able to upload images for some reason, but I will try to explain to the best of my ability. I am having the same issue as RoyalGamer1:...
  6. Blurry and pixelated Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blurry and pixelated Fortnite: Some of it looks pixelated and blurry for some reason, the water looks blurry for a distant and some contrails look blurry and pixelated I play on Series X Tv supports 4K 60Hz and 120 fps...
  7. Why is cloud gaming so pixelated.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is cloud gaming so pixelated.: When I'm playing it'll pixelate horribly and a line will run from top to bottom and fix it but it happens every few seconds. I have high internet speeds and perfect connection. Its my first time...
  8. While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    While playing Starfield on my Xbox Series X the game has very bad pixelation while playing...: [img] I have tried all the troubleshooting steps for the game to resolve the issue of pixelation. (remove, re-install, power-off, HDMI cable change, etc) I have attached a screenshot of the game...
  9. Red pixels and screen turning on and off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red pixels and screen turning on and off: One day when my brother was watching YouTube, I took the controller and started playing call of duty, but for some reason, the screen kept turning on and off. I can still move and other stuff,...
  10. Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled

in XboX Insiders
    Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled: I'm in Alpha Skip Ahead and cam confirm no hardware issues, but am either having no signal when enabling Dolby Vision, or periodically having games launch with a pixelate screen with a large green...