Xbox one pass thr Recently downgraded HD channel to SD (Comcast)

Discus and support Xbox one pass thr Recently downgraded HD channel to SD (Comcast) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Recently the xbox's pass through now only displays HD channels in SD. When connecting cable STB direct to tv, HD channels are working, but thr... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RealizedWonder, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Xbox one pass thr Recently downgraded HD channel to SD (Comcast)

Hi,

Recently the xbox's pass through now only displays HD channels in SD. When connecting cable STB direct to tv, HD channels are working, but thr the xbox, the HD Channels are displaying as SD. This was working, but within the last couple of weeks it no longer
    works.

Interestingly enough the "HD ZOOM" button on the remote that toggles the display mode from the STB now only displays "Normal" so I *think* the STB believes it's communicating with a tv that doesn't support HD.

Some setup info:

TV - Sony Bravia 1080p LCD tv. Comcast STB. No receiver.

Please help,

Thanks!

:)

RealizedWonder, Jan 12, 2014
  2. Vund
    Vund Guest
    Channels Not Coming in HD

Hello,

I'm able to get HD channels through my cable provider but when I watch cable through the Xbox One they only come in as SD. The TV app describes the channels I'm selecting as HD but they're still SD. I've selected back and forth between Hiding SD Duplicates,
    Only Show HD, and Show All in the settings but it didn't have any effect.

Examples of channels that are only showing up in SD: AMC, USA, History Channel, Animal Planet, SyFy, ESPN. I'm not missing any channels that I'm aware of, it's only that when I select the HD channels they only come in SD.

My provider is Comcast; I'm at 38103.

Please help! Thank you!

3. Lallymonster
    Lallymonster Guest
    Some channels (HD) not showing up in guide

I'm a comcast subscriber. All of my SD channels show up in the Xbox Guide, however, about 1/3 of the HD channels do not. In order to watch said channels, I can use the Comcast remote and manually change to channel, but if I try to using the guide, some channels
    simply don't show up.

For instance: Comedy Central. Comedy Central in SD shows up in the XBO guide just fine. The Comedy Central HD channel, however, does NOT show up in the XBO guide.

So in order to watch Comedy Central in HD, I have to use the Comcast remote and change to it. It just doesn't show up in the XBO guide at al.

Lallymonster, Jan 12, 2014
  4. Xbox one pass thr Recently downgraded HD channel to SD (Comcast)

Figured it out. While the cable box is turned off, hit menu. This brings up Comcast's output settings - which somehow got set to 480p. Changes it to native and it corrected the problem.

RealizedWonder, Jan 12, 2014
  5. RealizedWonder Win User

Figured it out. While the cable box is turned off, hit menu. This brings up Comcast's output settings - which somehow got set to 480p. Changes it to native and it corrected the problem.
  6. jotun86 Win User

Time Warner NY state

Isn't there another channel for Showtime too? With the recent change in TWC, all channels will display their highest possible resolution. So although there are two AMC channels, one being listed as HD and the other not as HD, both will display the HD format.

"The new lineup is no longer broken up by HD and SD channels. HD converters will show you the best signal available of a channel or program, which is usually HD. SD converters, meanwhile, will show only SD channels."

That is directly from their website.
  7. Lallymonster Win User

Some channels (HD) not showing up in guide

Sure thing. Comedy Central (SD) is in the guide, but the HD version is not.

Same thing for Cartoon Network. SD is in the guide, but the HD channel does not show up.

There are a few others, but these are the big channels that are missing from the guide.

Again, for clarification purposes, I can pick up my Comcast remote and change to the HD Comedy Central or HD Cartoon Network channels using it and the cable box's menu, they just don't, for some reason, show up in the XB Guide.
  8. Romad20 Win User

Uverse SD shows on DVR glitching

Same issue here with Att Uverse box. Freezes the second a SD or even SD on an HD channel comes on. I don't think that downgrading my signal to 720p from 1080i is a fix. Not only that but my STB is already setup to output only 1080i.

I'm pretty disappointed with the Xbox one so far and I am a long, long time Xbox supporter.
  9. jetsafl Win User

Xbox one tv won't fit tv screen

Would be nice if there was a passthrough option. I have my Cable box set up to send SD channels in stretch and HD in Native to the TV. Now with the Xbox One, sicne it is doing a stretch again things still look fine and it adjusts between HD and SD, but
    if I start the TV / Xbox with an HD channel on it shows in stretch until I manually go to an SD channel then back or go into the menu and change the setting.
Thema:

1. Xbox one pass thr Recently downgraded HD channel to SD (Comcast) - Similar Threads - pass thr Recently

2. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  3. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  4. Pc game pass game saves missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Pc game pass game saves missing: Started up terra invicta to continue my game and it won't allow my to continue or load my game. My saves are not even on there. Looked in the game saves file and it's empty. On pc game pass...
  5. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  6. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  7. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  8. Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Live/Game Pass recurring charge on old account: Hi I desperately need help!!! I have been charged for months and months on my account for xbox live/game pass but I have never used it! How can I possible get this refunded?...
  9. It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...

in XBoX on Windows
    It want let me play fight night champion on live but I have ultimate game pass and been...: It’s not letting me sign in Xbox live for fight night champions and I been playing it for months 57990e78-3fdd-4268-89be-40a1f9326f75
  10. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546