Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join

Discus and support Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When 2 of my friends join a party together they disconnect, I've had other friends in the party as well as myself and our connection is stable. One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IamtheJokester, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join

When 2 of my friends join a party together they disconnect, I've had other friends in the party as well as myself and our connection is stable. One friend has an open NAT type while the other is moderate, I've tried some stuff to get her an open NAT type
    and nothing seems to work. Is it the NAT type messing with the party or is it something else.

:)

IamtheJokester, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Crayolapengu
    Crayolapengu Guest
    Why does it keep disconnecting the party?

When ever I'm in a party with a group of friend and another friends join the party it disconnect the whole party or just disconnects me and the person that join. It always keep doing this with same same person. It also happen with other of my friends. HELP!

Crayolapengu, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Cougfan12
    Cougfan12 Guest
    Party Chat Disconnected, but only with certain friends Error Code 0x89231806

Hello,

I am experiencing problems when trying to chat in party with a specific friend. I am able to speak with anyone else whom I join a party with, but not a specific friend of mine. Sometimes it will work, but will disconnect again after playing for a while together.

The error code is 0x89231806 "party chat disconnected". Both of out NAT types are set to OPEN, I have reset my router, I have tried clearing my Xbox system cache.

Any help would be appreciated as this has been going on for weeks!

Thanks,

Nathan

Cougfan12, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Pedro Huerta1 Win User

So when I’m by myself in a party my voice chat works but when I invite someone to a party or join them it’s says connecting then it will say party chat disconnected then I can Join any of my friends

When I invite someone to party or join someone it says connecting and then it’s will say party chat disconnected and then I can’t join any of my friends does any one know how to fix?
  5. ProudCriminal Win User

Party chat issues

Same here everytime i close the party chat tab the party get deleted. My friend gets disconnected 3 seconds into joining the party everytime
  6. moistdamp Win User

Can't join or start parties on Xbox Beta

Reinstalling it changes the join xbox one party button to be always grayed out even when my friend is in a party that is not invite only.
  7. Lurkuld Win User

Odd Disconnections

Yes its only been happening recently.

Ive always experienced party chat issues - its just something i accept. Sometimes friends cant join a party chat at all. Or they can only join me because i usually have open nat and they are either strict or mod. Or sometimes you just cant connect at all
    with someone so you have to do the old - join their game eg COD MW3 then start the party and then they can join. I guess its creating a connection between each other.

But my main issue is the disconnection from XBL at the exact times - which is odd - always with the **.48am or pm. Im either disconnected from XBL or the party - I know its happening because my friend would tell me my voice is lagging out. Then id check
    the time and yup its **.48.

Thank you to replying to my post.

Im just searching for answers as to why - its amusing an just slightly annoying.

Im going to test today to see if im disconnected while not in a party and in one. Could be something to do with the party interface.
  8. XBF Diego M Win User

Every time friend joins party, the host disconnects

Hi BreRobinson,

It's possible the one friend who is joining has either a Strict or Moderate NAT type causing this. Have him check his network settings and look for the NAT type which should always be open for the best connectivity for communication in a party chat.

Have the person causing the disconnection when joining to hard reset and power cycle their Xbox along with their router and modem. Have him re-connect everything and then see if anything improves.

Take a look at this article for further assistance:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio
Thema:

Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join

1. Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join - Similar Threads - party chat always

2. Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party Chat on PC seems to be broken?: Every time i start or join a party on PC with game bar or xbox app and a friend or someone else joins, the party chat disconnects. parties work fine on my xbox and phone though, and i have tried...
  3. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  6. "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...

in XBoX on Windows
    "Something went wrong with your party please try again later" when joining xbox party chat...: Okay so Recently I updated Game bar one day and then whenever i joined a party on pc it would say everyone in the party was disconnected and then after a few minutes it would say "Something went...
  7. party chat doesnt work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    party chat doesnt work: I can not leave game chat on my xbox but the thing is game chat isnt even working anybody know whats happening 5116bb25-f056-4698-9188-b75c92023764
  8. How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How come my Xbox Series X keeps encountering party chat errors and can not play online...: Recently my Xbox Series X has been having issues whenever I try to join or start a party with friends. Error code 0x89231806 will pop up and I have done literally everything I can to fix it. I put...
  9. Xbox Party Chat is echoing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Party Chat is echoing: So, this is a really weird situation, but for some reason when I increase the headset volume in Xbox party chat, I have an echo. I've tested it with the talk on Discord option, and it's not there....
  10. Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats

in XboX Insiders
    Discord keeps my mic muted on the xbox party chats: whenever i join a VC xbox just keeps my mic muted and no one can hear me however when i switch accounts it works just fine, can anyone help me? submitted by /u/DestryYT [link] [comments]