Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join

Discus and support Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When 2 of my friends join a party together they disconnect, I've had other friends in the party as well as myself and our connection is stable. One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IamtheJokester, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join

When 2 of my friends join a party together they disconnect, I've had other friends in the party as well as myself and our connection is stable. One friend has an open NAT type while the other is moderate, I've tried some stuff to get her an open NAT type
    and nothing seems to work. Is it the NAT type messing with the party or is it something else.

:)

IamtheJokester, Oct 18, 2017
  2. Crayolapengu
    Crayolapengu Guest
    Why does it keep disconnecting the party?

When ever I'm in a party with a group of friend and another friends join the party it disconnect the whole party or just disconnects me and the person that join. It always keep doing this with same same person. It also happen with other of my friends. HELP!

Crayolapengu, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Cougfan12
    Cougfan12 Guest
    Party Chat Disconnected, but only with certain friends Error Code 0x89231806

Hello,

I am experiencing problems when trying to chat in party with a specific friend. I am able to speak with anyone else whom I join a party with, but not a specific friend of mine. Sometimes it will work, but will disconnect again after playing for a while together.

The error code is 0x89231806 "party chat disconnected". Both of out NAT types are set to OPEN, I have reset my router, I have tried clearing my Xbox system cache.

Any help would be appreciated as this has been going on for weeks!

Thanks,

Nathan

Cougfan12, Oct 18, 2017
  4. ProudCriminal Win User

Party chat issues

Same here everytime i close the party chat tab the party get deleted. My friend gets disconnected 3 seconds into joining the party everytime
  5. moistdamp Win User

Can't join or start parties on Xbox Beta

Reinstalling it changes the join xbox one party button to be always grayed out even when my friend is in a party that is not invite only.
  6. Lurkuld Win User

Odd Disconnections

Yes its only been happening recently.

Ive always experienced party chat issues - its just something i accept. Sometimes friends cant join a party chat at all. Or they can only join me because i usually have open nat and they are either strict or mod. Or sometimes you just cant connect at all
    with someone so you have to do the old - join their game eg COD MW3 then start the party and then they can join. I guess its creating a connection between each other.

But my main issue is the disconnection from XBL at the exact times - which is odd - always with the **.48am or pm. Im either disconnected from XBL or the party - I know its happening because my friend would tell me my voice is lagging out. Then id check
    the time and yup its **.48.

Thank you to replying to my post.

Im just searching for answers as to why - its amusing an just slightly annoying.

Im going to test today to see if im disconnected while not in a party and in one. Could be something to do with the party interface.
  7. XBF Diego M Win User

Every time friend joins party, the host disconnects

Hi BreRobinson,

It's possible the one friend who is joining has either a Strict or Moderate NAT type causing this. Have him check his network settings and look for the NAT type which should always be open for the best connectivity for communication in a party chat.

Have the person causing the disconnection when joining to hard reset and power cycle their Xbox along with their router and modem. Have him re-connect everything and then see if anything improves.

Take a look at this article for further assistance:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio
  8. Shinobi Pixie Win User

Disconnecting

A little update: Restoring factory defaults is what allowed me to join my friend's party until I was disconnected and put back at square one. I tried doing this a second time and I was able to join my friend's party again but this time, it lasted about 2
    minutes before I was disconnected yet again. Thank you.
Thema:

Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join

1. Xbox One party chat always disconnects when 2 specific friends join - Similar Threads - party chat always

2. Why can I not chat in game only in a party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not chat in game only in a party?: I can't chat in game and I have tried multiple headsets. I reset my Xbox and all my communication settings are correct. af51fb7d-3893-48a8-9d75-33bb917006b4
  3. Xbox party chat issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox party chat issue: I seem to be having an issue where i join party chats and everyones voice is stuttering. Its not my connection as i can play online games perfectly fine. I do use hotspot over broadband....
  4. I got banned for 2days playing multiplayer and party chats for making a looking for group post

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got banned for 2days playing multiplayer and party chats for making a looking for group post: okay earlier today I received a 2 day Communication and gaming Ban for making a looking for group post. It was all worded cleanly no work around, No prohibited words or nothing. So I don’t...
  5. Talking in party chat isn’t working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Talking in party chat isn’t working.: have my wireless headset connected. When I do connect a headset, I cannot hear my friends, nor can they hear me. I can hear gamesound so it isn’t a headset issue....
  6. Game bar party chats always start disconnected, and refuse to connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game bar party chats always start disconnected, and refuse to connect: Basically whenever I start or join a party on the gamebar on my windows 10 pc, the party says I'm connecting, and everyone else is disconnected. I've tried several things already some of which...
  7. Always stuck connecting in any party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Always stuck connecting in any party chat: ive tried everything to fix the problem and nothing has worked, honestly need help because Microsoft isn't helping at all. would appreciate some help asap cheers cb6eaa6d-fd60-4ee8-ac39-b3e4e60e688a
  8. Xbox App On Windows 10: Party Chat is Always Blocked

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App On Windows 10: Party Chat is Always Blocked: Hi. I just recently got a pc and I was always playing with my friends on Xbox One before. So thankfully I could keep talking to them over the Xbox app on my pc while they were still on Xbox. It...
  9. Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does: So ever since i got a xbox one a few months ago, in party chat and game chat my mic always echos, but everyone else in the party does not have their mic echo. I am not sure if this is an issue...
  10. Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to party chat at all on Xbox One. NAT type always strict and "Can't ...: Hello, I could really use some help getting multiplayer working on my Xbox One before I give up and switch to PS4. Whenever I join party chat with my friends, it fails to join the party. I feel...