Xbox One (Original) keeps turning on quietly and shutting down

Discus and support Xbox One (Original) keeps turning on quietly and shutting down in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm kinda getting crazy on this one I'm on the Insider program (Preview Beta) and have no idea if this is a new undocumented feature or if my Xbox's... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Lois720, Feb 27, 2021.

1. /u/Lois720
    /u/Lois720 Guest

I'm kinda getting crazy on this one

I'm on the Insider program (Preview Beta) and have no idea if this is a new undocumented feature or if my Xbox's PSU is just starting to fail.

I have my Xbox in Energy-Saving Mode, so when the console is off the PSU has the orange LED. Pretty much every time I'd turn on the Xbox I had a new update pending.
    For the last two months or so it has started to turn on (white LED) randomly. At first the Xbox would turn on with it and blast the start up chime on the big speakers at full volume at 4am (not fun). The Xbox would remain on until I'd shut it down.

More recently the behaviour changed, now the PSU turns on (white LED) and the Xbox also turns on with it but not fully. You can hear the fan spin slowly and the HDD rotating and operating but it does not display anything, the power led is not on and does not chime. It then turns off automatically.
    This behaviour surprised me and I cross-checked the times where it would turn on with the last update check date and they usually match, and since this started to happen I've never had an update at startup but the Xbox's last update date is always very recent and keeps changing.

My question is: Was there an update that some how introduced auto updates on energy saving mode, or is my PSU just failing in such a way that gives me this "awesome" feature?
    I'm really confused

submitted by /u/Lois720
    [link] [comments]

/u/Lois720, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Mister Maka Win User

Wat do I do

Hey there NAMELESS421.

If your Xbox One is shutting down randomly, check out our
    Xbox One Shutting Down Unexpectedly Troubleshooter

Be sure to give all available steps in that troubleshooter a try. If you're still having issues and not able to keep your Xbox One powered up, a repair/replacement is going to be your next best option. Keep us looped in without it goes.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox original problem

Just making sure, you do mean an original Xbox, not a 360 or One? Live was shut down for the original Xbox years ago so it will no longer connect.
  4. Smwutches Win User

ethernet connection

Live has been shut down for the original Xbox so it will no longer connect. Only a Xbox 360 or Xbox One will connect.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gift Cards

By regular Xbox do you mean the original Xbox? Live for the original Xbox was shut down years ago so gift cards will no longer work for that. They will work for the Xbox 360 or One.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox live is not working on XBOX Classic

Live for the original Xbox was shut down years ago. It's no longer possible to connect on an original Xbox.
Thema:

1. Xbox One (Original) keeps turning on quietly and shutting down - Similar Threads - Original keeps turning

2. Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive space reduced after game reinstallation compared with original installation: I installed two games originally, MS Flight Simulator and the last game was Starfield. My free hard drive space was around 800 GB. I reinstalled both games and the free hard drive space was around...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. Original xbox 1 disc issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original xbox 1 disc issues: So, is anyone else having disc issues, where it reads discs but gives you the icon of not having the disc, but says its in while being able to play the game. Shoudl I be concerned, or should I...
  5. Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox One With Lifetime Game Pass??: Hello, I found a original Xbox One Console at a thrift store several months ago and it seems to have lifetime game pass because once I signed into it I am able to download games from game pass...
  6. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  7. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  8. If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data

in XboX Insiders
    If I switch from an original Xbox one to a series s is there a way to keep my game data: So I might be getting a series a as I have the original Xbox one and it’s very slow. I am going to use the same Microsoft account and everything so will all my game progress save. My main worry is...
  9. How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do you refund gifts that never got to the original person you sent it to: I gifting my friend the new consul GTA five online but he has never gotten it and it’s been over three months I think and I cannot refund it or get my money back and it’s never got through to him...
  10. I’m playing on ps5. And my Minecraft keeps saying I have to use my original Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m playing on ps5. And my Minecraft keeps saying I have to use my original Microsoft...: I need help getting my old Microsoft account on my ps5 249b70c1-a9c2-47ae-a076-cbb1873533c9