xbox one optical audio DTS setting sounds distorted

Discus and support xbox one optical audio DTS setting sounds distorted in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have connected my Panasonic TV through hdmi cable and my JVC RX-8000V Audio/Video receiver is connected through the audio cable. I am using the same... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OddByte, Jan 1, 2014.

1. OddByte
    OddByte Guest

I have connected my Panasonic TV through hdmi cable and my JVC RX-8000V Audio/Video receiver is connected through the audio cable. I am using the same input that I had a dvd connected to; the dvd player worked fine. When I select Uncompressed Stereo for
    the optical output, all sounds fine. When I select DTS Digital Surround the sound is distorted.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:)

OddByte, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Whagi
    Whagi Guest
    Need to Hook X Box One Up to Speakers

Run a separate Optical cable from the Xbox One to your Home Cinema Amps optical input and select DTS audio from the Xbox Ones setting for audio. You do have a home Cinema amp and surround sound speakers that supports DTS I take it?

Whagi, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Gringo
    Gringo Guest
    How can i get sound ? with my monitor ?

I'm assuming you hooked it up according to the instructions and charged it up (I think that one is wireless). You have to enable the digital audio out on the Xbox. Settings>display & sound and turn on the optical audio to DTS Digital Surround. Mine is defaulted to off. Hope this works.

Gringo, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Pendragon!

To start off, let's try simplifying your setup. I suggest connecting your Xbox One console directly to your TV via HDMI cable (not connected through a receiver). Once you've done that, let us know if the sound is still distorted.

We'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. OddByte
    OddByte Guest
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. As I stated in the post, my TV is connected via the HDMI cable.

Stereo works fine through the tv or the receiver. Apparently my $2500 Panasonic TV can only accommodate stereo. When I select DTS, or anything other than stereo, Xbox tells me that the TV can't handle it.

OddByte, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Whagi Win User

Need to Hook X Box One Up to Speakers

Run a separate Optical cable from the Xbox One to your Home Cinema Amps optical input and select DTS audio from the Xbox Ones setting for audio. You do have a home Cinema amp and surround sound speakers that supports DTS I take it?
  7. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there Pendragon!

To start off, let's try simplifying your setup. I suggest connecting your Xbox One console directly to your TV via HDMI cable (not connected through a receiver). Once you've done that, let us know if the sound is still distorted.

We'll be standing by to hear back from you! ^_^
  8. OddByte Win User

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. As I stated in the post, my TV is connected via the HDMI cable.

Stereo works fine through the tv or the receiver. Apparently my $2500 Panasonic TV can only accommodate stereo. When I select DTS, or anything other than stereo, Xbox tells me that the TV can't handle it.
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox One no surround sound on my home theater

First, try going to Settings > Display and Sound > In the middle, change the "HDMI Audio" setting to '5.1 uncompressed'.

If you still can't get 5.1 audio to your sound system, try buying an optical audio cable and plug that from the back of your xbox one into your sound system and change the settings on your sound system to use the 'Optical In' or a setting that chooses that
    input. Don't forget to change the settings like the one above, but under "Optical Audio" choose "Bitstream Out" and change "Bitstream Format" to "DTS Digital Surround." The optical audio port is right between the HDMI in and out ports.

For more info see this page:
    support.xbox.com/.../configure-audio-settings
  10. KindFawn1020829 Win User

Not getting a digital signal to my soundbar from XB1.

I have the same sound bar. If you hook the sound bar up straight to the xbox one with a digital optical audio cable and not your tv the DTS on the sound bar will work. Works with games, blu-rays and my comcast cable hd channels that support 5.1. The DTS
    light on the vizio sound bar Wil light up when you turn on it on and when you change input on the sound bar and shortly turn off indicting it's working. These are my settings, HDMI audio off. Optical audio DTS Digital Surround. And under tv & one guide settings,
    click troublshooting, I have surround sound (beta) checked. Only thing I don't know if DTS or Dolby digital is better. With the march update I will have the option to choose DTS or Dolby digital that the vizio 5.1 sound bar does support.
Thema:

1. xbox one optical audio DTS setting sounds distorted - Similar Threads - optical audio DTS

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable. During playback, only a stereo signal is outputted. In the audio settings, there is no graphical surround...
  4. Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical...: Xbox One S does not recognize optical 5.1 connection with DVDs and disables the graphical surround setup The described problem only occurs when playing DVDs explicitly labeled as 5.1 capable....
  5. Why won't my new optical drive work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my new optical drive work?: I replaced my Xbox one's optical drive with a brand new one and installed the original daughter board into it, but it still won't read any discs, neither Xbox one nor 360....
  6. : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox One it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic: : (Mexico) Xbox One (All versions) it's compatible with Dual Band vs Fiber Optic I’m not an expert with networking, but I would assume they’d be “compatible.” Either way, your console is connected...
  7. I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl: I run fiber optic 954mbps but my speed is so slow on xbl What kind of Fibre connection is this? its a UK FTTP connection then it will be contended. If its dedicated then you have an issue and need...
  8. DTS digital surround via optic

in XBoX on Consoles
    DTS digital surround via optic: Hi im having issues with my new xbox one x and my headset using dts digital suround through optical bitstream out, I had an original xbox one and had no problems and the suround sound on my...
  9. Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox outputting Stereo audio via HDMI/Optic while using Dolby Headset (Plantronics 800LX): Hello Xbox support, I've posted this on Reddit already, but after a chat with Xbox support I'm posting this here. The reference from the chat was 1449985394: I just bought the Plantronics RIG...
  10. fiber optic audio on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    fiber optic audio on/off: hey any chance i can get a update for my XB1 that when i tell my XB1 to turn off the fiber optic audio out it will maybe oh I don't know turn off! I have a fiber optic audio splitter and the light...