Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed

Discus and support Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One died the other day so I took it apart to clean it out. After cleaning it it still wouldn't turn on. I stumbled across that if I unplugged... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GregPenrod, Dec 9, 2018.

  1. GregPenrod
    GregPenrod Guest

    Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed


    My Xbox One died the other day so I took it apart to clean it out. After cleaning it it still wouldn't turn on. I stumbled across that if I unplugged my internal wireless card that the xbox worked fine, other than not connecting to a wireless network
    and not being able to connect a wireless remote. When I plug the internal wireless card in while the Xbox is running, it will shut the Xbox off automatically and it won't turn on unless you unplug the internal wireless card. Anyone have something for this?
    I'd assume a ground a busted somewhere but I'm not too savvy with circuit boards.

    :)
     
    GregPenrod, Dec 9, 2018
    #1
  2. Christyna64 Win User

    Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed

    Were you not able to get a repair from Microsof? I would have asked them first so I wouldn't have to buy a new Xbox.
  3. REK 1 Win User

    Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed

    Try to go to SETTINGS, then SYSTEM, then CONSOLE INFO and last CONSOLE RESET, pick option to KEEP ALL GAMES AND APPS and let console restart, do SET UP after and see if any change, if console does not boot, try to do a RESET with a USB FLASH DRIVE,
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-factory-defaults-using-usb-flash-drive , after that see if any change.
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

    Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed

    Hello Greg,

    After reading through your post, it is determined that in an attempt to give power to the console, you opened the console and cleaned the inside.

    What would have been recommended here would have been to repair or replace the console, but as provided
    through our Xbox Terms & Conditions the following information:

    15. EXCLUSIONS FROM SERVICE

    Microsoft reserves the right to refuse Service or consider as out-of-warranty, Microsoft Devices that are: (1) damaged by use with products not sold or licensed by Microsoft (including, for example, games or software and accessories not manufactured or licensed
    by Microsoft, and “pirated” games or software, etc.); (2) used for commercial purposes (including, for example, rental, pay-per-play, etc.); (3) opened, modified, or tampered with (including, for example, any attempt to defeat any technical limitation, security,
    or anti-piracy mechanism, etc.), or its serial number is altered or removed; (4) damaged by any external cause (including, for example, by being dropped, used with inadequate ventilation, etc., or failure to follow product manual instructions for the Microsoft
    Device); (5) sent to Microsoft without requesting an authorized Service order by phone or online; or (6) serviced by any third party other than Microsoft or its authorized service providers. In such event, we may return the Microsoft Device to you without
    service.

    Concerning power issues with the console, it would be best to ensure that the issue is not due to wall outlets not giving enough power or the cable itself used for power causing these types of issues.

    We hope to have provided useful information and wish you the best.
  5. xCheeeezy Win User

    No Internal Wireless Adapater Detected

    The actual internal wireless card might be bad, you need to contact Xbox support.
  6. SketchG Win User

    Connection problems

    Usually if it says it needs an adapter, it means the internal wireless card is bad. Double check your documentation to make sure it does have an internal card.
Thema:

Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed

Loading...
  1. Xbox One only works with internal wireless card removed - Similar Threads - works internal wireless

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  4. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  5. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  6. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  7. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  8. CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media

    in XboX Insiders
    CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media: I went through all of my Xbox One games to see which of them worked. The first game I tried was CoD WWII cause that’s my go to daily CoD game has been for a while, so I updated my Xbox since I was...
  9. How does internal fan xbox series s work?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    How does internal fan xbox series s work?: Does internal fan xbox series s always on when you saving energy mode? Or maybe just sleep mode? I want internal fan on my xbox always on, so it can make my xbox cool faster after heat and...
  10. My Xbox Series S internal ssd damage now it's not working what to do please any solution...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S internal ssd damage now it's not working what to do please any solution...: I'm using xbox series s it's warranty out console and the internal ssd got damaged and now my console is not working What to do any suggestions or solution to repair it...