XBOX One only works on one television

Discus and support XBOX One only works on one television in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've seen similar in the forums but haven't seen a solution. For years we've had the XBOX One on an older Vizio. We wanted to move the console to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ClenchingPit77, May 28, 2018.

  1. XBOX One only works on one television


    Hi,

    I've seen similar in the forums but haven't seen a solution. For years we've had the XBOX One on an older Vizio. We wanted to move the console to another room with a newer, but still older Proscan tv. We know that TV works because we have Fios as our cable
    provider and it's works fine.

    We walked our console and cables to other room with Proscan, connected everything and the screen was blank. I switched back to Fios and that worked. The Proscan had a second HDMI connection so I tried that one. Same thing - console
    was blank screen but Fios worked when we switched to it.

    Tried different HDMI cables, and same thing as above happened.

    Tried HDMI to VGA connection - same as above.

    Borrowed neighbor's Xbox One console and that console worked on the Proscan!! So I just pulled out the HDMI from neighbor's Xbox One and put it in my Xbox One, and the screen stayed blank (everything was on and connected properly). Crazy!!

    So I carried my console back to original Vizio tv and it works fine. It doesn't want to work anywhere else and can't understand why. We even tried to connect to son's Dell monitor, which we've successfully connected his laptop too,
    but the console won't work there either.

    It only works on the Vizio. How can this be???

    Regards

    :)
     
    ClenchingPit77, May 28, 2018
    #1
  2. KEY77579
    KEY77579 Guest
    Xbox console works, but the visual signal only shows on the tv when I increase the volume... how do I fix this?

    Do you have a television in another room you could try because it sounding like a problem with the television. if your pressing buttons on the television and your seeing a picture that means the picture feed from the xbox console is being sent to the television.
    theres only one thing I can suggest without trying another television. Now i know you need to mess with the volume to do this but bare with me, get to the xbox dashboard go to system settings,console settings,display,display discovery,enable. If that don't
    work please try another television.
     
    KEY77579, May 28, 2018
    #2
  3. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    One S HDMI Compatibility ?

    Hi

    As long as your Xbox 360 was being connected to your television by an HDMI cable then an Xbox One should also work on it. Please see the guide below as long as your television can support the then resolution then you should be able connect it to your television
    without issue.

    Chances are your friends console has been locked at a resolution higher than your bedroom television is capable of displaying.

    TV Resolutions for Xbox One
     
    gds1972, May 28, 2018
    #3
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

    XBOX One only works on one television

    Depends on how old the TV is and how old your console is compared to the one from your neighbour

    Basically TV's and consoles/set top boxes etc that use HDMI have to do a "hand shake" (its digital rights management) your older TV may be having problems doing the hand shake with your console, but it its fine with your neighbours.

    The other thing is that your Xbox may be set to output at 1080p on your TV that works, but your older TV may not be able to show 1080p.

    It will take a bit of investigating on your side, for example check what resolution your neighbours console and change your console to the same on your TV that works.
     
    Shaggy2000, Jun 1, 2018
    #4
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

    XBOX One only works on one television

    Depends on how old the TV is and how old your console is compared to the one from your neighbour

    Basically TV's and consoles/set top boxes etc that use HDMI have to do a "hand shake" (its digital rights management) your older TV may be having problems doing the hand shake with your console, but it its fine with your neighbours.

    The other thing is that your Xbox may be set to output at 1080p on your TV that works, but your older TV may not be able to show 1080p.

    It will take a bit of investigating on your side, for example check what resolution your neighbours console and change your console to the same on your TV that works.
  6. Auswulf Win User

    Turtle Beach X12's on Xbox One?

    Do you have a xbox headset adapter plugged into your XO controller? That is the only way to get third party headsets working with the Xbox one. It all works (audio and voice) through the xbox one controller not your television. The adapter can be bought
    for $24.95 at the Microsoft store.
  7. KEY77579 Win User

    Xbox console works, but the visual signal only shows on the tv when I increase the volume... how do I fix this?

    Do you have a television in another room you could try because it sounding like a problem with the television. if your pressing buttons on the television and your seeing a picture that means the picture feed from the xbox console is being sent to the television.
    theres only one thing I can suggest without trying another television. Now i know you need to mess with the volume to do this but bare with me, get to the xbox dashboard go to system settings,console settings,display,display discovery,enable. If that don't
    work please try another television.
  8. NorthernZoot Win User

    Which Capture Cards work on Xbox One?

    I have an Elgato game capture device that I can hook up to the Xbox One easily enough. The only thing that doesn't work is the TV when the device is connected (likely to prevent people from recording television programs on their Xbox One's).
  9. wildavs00 Win User

    Xbox App Won't Detect TV App HDMI

    I've been attempting to do the same thing, but the streaming of the TV app (with 360 showing) has only worked for me if I have the Xbox One physically showing on my television screen (which defeats the purpose).

    If I turn the television scree off, I get the same error saying it cannot detect the HDMI signal.
Thema:

XBOX One only works on one television

Loading...
  1. XBOX One only works on one television - Similar Threads - works television

  2. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  3. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  4. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  5. CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media

    in XboX Insiders
    CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media: I went through all of my Xbox One games to see which of them worked. The first game I tried was CoD WWII cause that’s my go to daily CoD game has been for a while, so I updated my Xbox since I was...
  6. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  7. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  8. I'm new to Xbox insiders and Disc to digital not working?

    in XboX Insiders
    I'm new to Xbox insiders and Disc to digital not working?: I live in the UK and have recently joined Xbox insiders as I'm excited about the disc to digital feature and wanted to see what it was like... I've tried a couple of games but I'm not getting...
  9. Xbox serie a X, Power save setting not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox serie a X, Power save setting not working: My Xbox is enrolled in the Insider Beta channel. I’ve noticed that when I turn it off using the power button or by the shortcut from holding the button on the controller, the console no longer...
  10. Enable in-game microphone noise suppression not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Enable in-game microphone noise suppression not working properly.: Gamertag: Fire Console: XBOX Series X Insider: Alpha-Skip-Ahead Headset used: SteelSeries Arctic Nova Pro Wireless. When enabled voice chat in party chat with multiple users cuts outs. Occurs...