Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices.

Discus and support Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox one is on a wired connection. When the xbox is off I enjoy 10 - 16mbps down on all of my wifi connected devices. When the xbox is on I get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by azerbaijan-75F260DD-A670-4211-86AF-DE3FD0549FD8, May 25, 2016.

1. Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices.

The xbox one is on a wired connection.

When the xbox is off I enjoy 10 - 16mbps down on all of my wifi connected devices.

When the xbox is on I get anywhere from 0.1 - 0.3mbps; Eventually it will slow to the point where I cannot even test it; my connection to the internet appears to be down though the router reports no issues.

The xbox itself maintains 16+mbps while running.

There are no active or queued downloads.

I followed the recommended solution from this post and reset my xbox. This seems to have drastically reduced the amount of bandwidth it uses while idle, ~900Kb/s to 6Kb/s, but the problem with my wifi speed remains unresolved.

My router is a Netgear N150 WNR1000v3. IPS is Comcast.

The router has been reset and there are not QoS / port forwarding /static IPs at work here.

:)

azerbaijan-75F260DD-A670-4211-86AF-DE3FD0549FD8, May 25, 2016
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    does ethernet xbox one download faster?

Other devices using the wifi can slow down your internet, depending on how much data it's using. A typical iPhone browsing the web shouldn't slow down your internet. If you're doing something like downloading a video on your laptop, then that could definitely slow down your speeds on Xbox.

ClNTRoN, May 25, 2016
  3. Tormaz
    Tormaz Guest
    Xbox one Ethernet connection ipv6 issue

In general a wired connection does work better than wifi. Higher connection speeds, less signal loss & inference, and the physical cable is providing a connection for one device as opposed to multiple devices on wifi.

Tormaz, May 25, 2016
  4. taidara
    taidara Guest

Hi,

If you were to connect your Xbox One with wireless instead of wired, are the other wireless clients still adversely affected, in regard to their throughput?

taidara, May 25, 2016
  5. After testing for a while I am seeing that the other devices are affected while the xbox is on the wifi but not nearly as severely, losing about 4mbps instead of 16. I will just leave it on the wireless for now as this essentially solves the larger issue
    but I will continue to investigate the issue with the wired connection.

azerbaijan-75F260DD-A670-4211-86AF-DE3FD0549FD8, May 25, 2016
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    May I ask what the make and model number of your modem is.

What's the result of having your computer wired to the router? Go with a youtube clip of 480 and higher.

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  7. taidara Win User

May I ask what the make and model number of your modem is.

What's the result of having your computer wired to the router? Go with a youtube clip of 480 and higher.
  8. taidara Win User

Hi,

If you were to connect your Xbox One with wireless instead of wired, are the other wireless clients still adversely affected, in regard to their throughput?
  9. azerbaijan-75F260DD- Win User

After testing for a while I am seeing that the other devices are affected while the xbox is on the wifi but not nearly as severely, losing about 4mbps instead of 16. I will just leave it on the wireless for now as this essentially solves the larger issue
    but I will continue to investigate the issue with the wired connection.
  10. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Party Disconnect - Error Code: [0x80072EFD]

Have you tried connecting your console with a wired ethernet cable?

You may be getting signal interference using WiFi (wireless) or have too many devices connecting to your router if they are using WiFi as well.

As the number of connected devices goes up they all compete for bandwidth slowing your connection.

This support Troubleshoot party audio may assist you to resolve your issue.
  11. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Constant WIFI drops/not connecting on Xbox One X

G'day,

How many other devices connect via WiFi?

Have you tried using a wired connection for the XBox? Preferred and superior to WiFi.
Thema:

1. Xbox One on a wired connection slows down wifi for all other devices. - Similar Threads - wired connection slows

2. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  7. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.: Hi, My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless. I have done a soft and hard reboot, this didn't work. I also...
  8. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  9. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  10. My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?: I previously posted and the solution did not work, but I attend a University and my internet is great but the wired connection will randomly kick me offline. My internet and Ethernet cord are all...