Xbox One October 2017 Update

Discus and support Xbox One October 2017 Update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please note that what I am about to say is purely my opinion on the October 2017 update. I do not expect Microsoft to change it just because of an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Helljumper5, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Xbox One October 2017 Update

Please note that what I am about to say is purely my opinion on the October 2017 update. I do not expect Microsoft to change it just because of an unhappy customer or expect you to agree with me. Everyone is entitled to their OWN OPINION.

I do not like it at all. I find that the new menu is even more of a cluster *Censored* than before. I find it tedious to navigate to my friends list or party menu. I especially despise the fact that Notifications are now in the Settings tab. Why would they
    be there? I could understand if it were in the Messages tab instead. That would make more sense to me at least.

I have noticed that it takes quite a bit longer to load my games or apps (Not Games AND Apps menu) and to join or start a party. My friends have also noticed this.

Also, ever since this update, it has been telling me to connect to Xbox Live when I already am connected. I can access all my social stuff like being in a party with other people, but I cannot play any games online. This could possibly be a problem on my
    side, but since I am here I figured I could add it just in case others are having this same problem. If this is a bug, hopefully it will be fixed soon along with that weird party glitch that makes it where some people can't hear each other. Some of you might
    know the one I am talking about.

:)

The Helljumper5, Oct 19, 2017
  2. Loredalsa
    Loredalsa Guest
    xbox one developer mode

its still enable the Xbox developer mode after the Last update? (october 2017)

Loredalsa, Oct 19, 2017
  3. October 2017 Xbox Update

Hey all,

I didn't really know where to put this but I am honestly at my wits end.

We've had our Xbox One for 2 1/2 years now. Had the occasional issue here and there but nothing we couldn't fix ourselves. However, with this new update to Xbox One all of a sudden we can't play any of our games.

What ends up happening is the game starts up, loads OK (some games it says the save file is corrupted), then after about 5-10 mins the whole Xbox shuts off. We can watch movies, stream videos, and generally mess about, we just can't play games.

We have contacted Xbox who "assure" us that it isn't the update, that it must be our Xbox because and I quote "No one that we've spoken to has ever kept their Xbox for more than a year without an issue." and they want to charge us $150 to send it in to fix.

Here is what we have done:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled games
    - Full cycle reset the power supply.
    - Switched outlets for power supply.
    - XBox is in a well-ventilated area and is dust free
    - Factory reset Xbox.

We initially noticed the issue with Forza 3 and it seemed to just stick with that. Now it's ALL the games.

Please help!

madhatteraggie, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Xbox One October 2017 Update

There are a lot of postings on Uservoice over ability to customize dashboard/home screen - to vote for or add your own suggestions for others to vote for.

I don't think even moderators scan these forums anymore.

BookishFlunky90, Oct 20, 2017
  5. BookishFlunky90 Win User

There are a lot of postings on Uservoice over ability to customize dashboard/home screen - to vote for or add your own suggestions for others to vote for.

I don't think even moderators scan these forums anymore.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Why is it so difficult to find a Kinect device for Xbox One?

Good day

The kinect for Xbox One was discontinued on 25 October 2017.

It will be hard to find an adapter for it, most probably second hand aswell.
  7. WPAK Win User

Error in update of October 23, 2017

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

If that doesn't fix the issue please try these steps

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds.
    3. Plug the power cord back in.
    4. Press and hold the BIND button (located on the left side of the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console.
    5. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    6. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. Note If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.
    7. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    8. This should show a menu with the option to factory reset the console, if it does not please try the steps again

If both fail then it's best to contact official Xbox Support via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Let us know the results
  8. BrowniemixBro Win User

Mass Effect Andromeda Keeps Freezing

Might just have to reinstall the game. Bioware is sending out updates/patching the game as we progress toward October of 2017. Look for these bugs being fixed in the near future!
  9. XBLRewards8 Win User

MyVIP October 2017

Hello ang3l of fire,

From our FAQ:

When will my MyVIP Rewards Credits be deposited into my Microsoft account?

The total Rewards earned will be calculated at the end of each month. Typically you'll receive your MyVIP earnings in your account by the 15th of the following month, though this is subject to the program's current deposit
    terms. Be sure to keep an eye on MyStatement on the
    MyRewards page to track your progress and watch your Rewards Credits total grow!

We only recently calculated last month's MyVIP. The Credits are now pending in your account.
Thema:

1. Xbox One October 2017 Update - Similar Threads - October 2017 Update

2. Have been permanent suspended since 2nd October 2023 and I'm still suspended.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Have been permanent suspended since 2nd October 2023 and I'm still suspended.: Hello, I have been permanent suspended since 2nd October 2023, and in that day I also filed a case which got denied. The real ploblem is that I'm still suspended. However I searched in Google that...
  3. My xbox x(2017) was freezing. Everytime when I'm play GTA5. How can i fix that.?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox x(2017) was freezing. Everytime when I'm play GTA5. How can i fix that.?: When I'm start GTA5. And play only for 5 minutes xbox was freezing. Give me suggestions how can i fix. 6e225007-061b-461e-8b53-96d31f63a51d
  4. Xbox Requests: Week of October 27th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 27th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  5. October 20, 2023 Pyramid Daily Challenge is Unsolveable!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    October 20, 2023 Pyramid Daily Challenge is Unsolveable!: Today's pyramid daily challenge is unsolveable -- The first pyramid is able to be cleared just fine (but not enough 4's to clear in one pyramid, of course). The second pyramid has too many 6's...
  6. Xbox Requests: Week of October 20th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 20th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  7. Xbox Requests: Week of October 13th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 13th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  8. Hey microsoft it was my birthday recently in october 6 and i did not receive anything.

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey microsoft it was my birthday recently in october 6 and i did not receive anything.: Hey microsoft it was my birthday recently and i did not receive anything my birthday was on october 6 thank you. 99808c80-f966-4109-8871-71d12c035921
  9. Xbox Requests: Week of October 6th, 2023

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Requests: Week of October 6th, 2023: Xbox Requests: capturing all your ideas across Xbox, including PC, console, Xbox Live, and more every week! Give us your thoughts, post your ideas, and share your voice! If you have an idea or...
  10. HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI CEC not working properly since last October on Omega ring: Hi, I'm on Omega ring and, as said on topic, HDMI CEC isn't working properly since last October 2022. I wonder if it someday will be solved or if it will be a new un-feature for insiders. Eight...