Xbox one not starting up

Discus and support Xbox one not starting up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my Xbox is powered on, it blinks for a second and then gets dead. b36b182b-d318-44d8-a1ee-63007e75df39 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FerrousTomato85, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Xbox one not starting up

When my Xbox is powered on, it blinks for a second and then gets dead.

:)

FerrousTomato85, Oct 12, 2017
  2. Xbox One Not Starting Up

First time posting. My console won't turn on and I've tried all of the typical methods ( unplugging the power supply from the outlet, the supply itself, and the console) making sure everything was plugged in all the way, checking hdmi. When I press the startup
    button on the console the x doesn't light up and it emits a quieter version of the normal tone and nothing else.

xXTarroristXx, Oct 12, 2017
  3. denis97g
    denis97g Guest
    Xbox One not starting up

try to powercycle it by holding the power button for 10 seconds and turning it back on.

denis97g, Oct 12, 2017
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One not starting up

Hi, that's not looking to good, it may be a corrupted hard drive or some system files are messed up.

What you could try is to factory reset the Xbox, you'll need to be sure you know your account login details before doing this as you will need those, so without further ado........

Power the Xbox off by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds, then press and hold the controller bind button on the Xbox ( not on the controller ) and the disc eject button, keep both those buttons held in and press the Xbox power button once
    only.

The Xbox should power up, keep bind and eject held and hopefully you'll get the troubleshooter up, when you do then let go of those two buttons. From the troubleshooter select the option to reset the xbox and select the Reset and keep my games & apps option.

If the troublshooter doesn't come up first time then try the process again.

The reset will take maybe 5 minutes or so, the Xbox may also update again during the process, if all goes well then you'll need to add your account/s back to the Xbox, when you do that be sure that you
    do not select Get a new account otherwise you'll have all sorts of issues, just enter the email address and password for the account/s you want to add to the Xbox.

Once that's done then with a little bit of luck your Xbox will be back to working order.

Good kuck

Eggs
  5. denis97g Win User

Xbox One not starting up

try to powercycle it by holding the power button for 10 seconds and turning it back on.
  6. BenO1 Win User

Xbox One not starting up

Tried that! It froze part way through the re-set up.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox one start up issues

This can be fixed with an offline update. Now as you can't actually access the settings to do this there is a way to restore to factory defaults using a USB flash drive. If you visit the offline system diagnostic support page you can download the Restore
    Factory Defaults file:

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-solution

Read through the process of formatting the flash drive etc thoroughly and follow the instructions as if you were doing a system update but using the file you downloaded you may find that your console will then boot correctly.

Hope this helps you!
  8. nivgana Win User

Fault with Xbox one starting up

Hi Ruben, thanks for your response.

I followed the power supply reset procedure and it hasnt resolved my issue.

Any more help/advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Thema:

Xbox one not starting up

1. Xbox one not starting up - Similar Threads - starting

2. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  3. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  4. Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I start a new repair order or not?- Xbox Series X Repair: I created a repair order for my Xbox last month when the disc drive stopped working, it is due to be shipped to the repair centre, but for a long time now it has been stuck at the UPS access point...
  5. Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 when playing get stuck in one direction or start twirling about: Hello! My Xbox Elite 2 controller started going bananas recently. It is connected via Bluetooth When playing a game, and moving about, it will stick in one direction, even though I release the...
  6. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  7. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  8. Youtube app wont start

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app wont start: Youtube app wont start It says “sorry couldn’t connect to youtube” i tried restarting, unplugging for 5,10 and 60 minutes and even overnight , uninstalling, cache delete, everything possible , it...
  9. Unable to start Xbox app on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to start Xbox app on PC: Greetings! Since roughly 2 weeks ago I am unable to start the Xbox PC app and thus unable to access any games through my gamepass. The problem shown is the following: Upon starting up the Xbox...
  10. I’m about to start a class action!

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m about to start a class action!: I have had this issue for a while and I know many others have as well. My series x will read some games but not all, for example the ones I had issues with were red dead redemption and far cry 3....