Xbox One Not Recognizing HDD

Discus and support Xbox One Not Recognizing HDD in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I tried to hook my Seagate 500GB HDD w/ USB 3.0 into the side USB port on the Xbox One in order to watch a movie. When I plugged it in, a message came... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AJC9725, Dec 26, 2015.

1. AJC9725
    AJC9725 Guest

I tried to hook my Seagate 500GB HDD w/ USB 3.0 into the side USB port on the Xbox One in order to watch a movie. When I plugged it in, a message came up that asked me if I would like to format the drive, or if I was using the HDD for music or video to
    press cancel. I pressed cancel, and then attempted to find the HDD in the storage section of settings, but the HDD will not show up. The only thing there is the internal memory. Unplugging and re-plugging the device does not work, as it is still not recognized.
    The HDD is not password protected. There is a little light on the HDD that lights up when it is hooked up to the Xbox One, which makes me think it is recognizing it, but I cannot find it.

I also downloaded the Media Player app, and when the HDD is plugged in, the Media Player app says there is no drive detected. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Thanks.

:)

AJC9725, Dec 26, 2015
  2. Vustin
    Vustin Guest
    Two Hard Drives One Dock?

I wonder because I know the Xbox One can support 2 HDDs at the same time, but I'm assuming that is plugged in individually through the USB 3.0 ports. But I'm curious if anyone knows if I connect two HDD's through one dock will it still recognize it as two HDD's? Ya know, just to save a usb spot possibly potentially maybe

Vustin, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Arty_Harvy
    Arty_Harvy Guest
    Hddhackr question.

Hey guys new here. I have used hddhackr many times before in the traditional manor, but I was wondering if one could break a 750gb hdd down into 2 partitions of 320gb each, run hddhackr on each partition, and if so, is the xbox capable of recognizing both partitions? Just trying to find a way to utilize large amounts of hdd space without rgh/jtagging.

Arty_Harvy, Dec 26, 2015
  4. DominumStige Win User

External drive not found

Hi!

To listen music or play videos, the HDD must be formatted in FAT32/NTFS (not exFat). However it happened to me once, the HDD was not recognized, I

cleared the cache
    and the HDD was recognized.
  5. AndrewCrumpler Win User

External HD

I have tried both the side one and the two rear ports. The HDD lights up as if it's getting power from the xbox one, but it is still not recognized by the xbox one.
  6. o0BaBa BoOeY0o Win User

HDD unformatted yet again !!!

Well it would seem that the hdd is permanently stuffed as i have just tried to format it.

the format was performed with no errors but the console still says that the hdd is unformatted, i'm going to take it to the game store tomorrow to see if the drive is recognized in one of their xbox's as i have no friends who have the new slim console for
    me to test it on, if it is recognized by their console then i know that there must be a problem with my consoles hdd ports.
  7. a55a33in Win User

HDD harmed by 3rd party cable

So I'm SOL. My computer can recognize the HDD as 250 GB with the 3 partitions (exploring with another program). SO the security data was erased and that is why the xbox won't "see" it. (Mcmax, it is a genuine microsoft HDD with the Microsoft sticker over
    the one *** unscathed.)
  8. ngocphi Win User

Series X not recognizing External SSD as USB 3.0

Usb 3 port is in the bsck of the console the front one is meant for controllers not hdds

Series consoles only recognize one extra drive other then storage card and the internal drive

Unlike xbox one you could have 2
Thema:

1. Xbox One Not Recognizing HDD - Similar Threads - Recognizing HDD

2. How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to make my Bluetooth headphones be recognized as an output device?: Hey there, I have Sony WH-CH700s and this problem just now started. When my laptop is connected by HDMI to another monitor, my headphones sort of flicker in and out of recognition as a sound...
  3. Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S doesn’t recognize my controllers anymore.: Day before yesterday I played my Xbox one S as usual. Today I click the button on the controller to start it up as usual, and the Xbox doesn’t start. Controller flashes slowly, continuously. I...
  4. Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issue with Xbox Wireless Adapter Getting into a State of Not Recognizing a Connected...: Hello, I am experiencing a persistent intermittent issue with the Xbox Wireless Adapter on my Windows 11 system. Sometimes, after my controller turns off and must reconnect, although my Xbox...
  5. why wont my Xbox recognize any networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    why wont my Xbox recognize any networks: my Xbox randomly stopped recognizing any networks. I tried restarting my Xbox but that doesnt work and I found a post about clearing Mac address but that doesn't work anymore. I have an old Xbox...
  6. My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My formatted USB from a series x with games on it. The s will recognize the storage device...: I own a series x I have formatted USB with games on it. I go over to a friend's house that owns a series s I signed in my account with the USB plugged in, the Xbox s will recognize the storage...
  7. 4K not automatically recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K not automatically recognized: I just purchased a skyworth qled tv, model 55SUE9500, and i plugged in my xbox series x, and ps5 to hdmi ports one and two respectively. Ps5 works fine no problem with hdr, but the other port with...
  8. Xbox controller connected and recognized but certain inputs are not accepted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected and recognized but certain inputs are not accepted: This problem developed recently, during play, my games work perfectly fine. However, when I leave the game either to switch games, watch a TV show or to turn off my console, I suddenly cannot...
  9. Will the current version of MSFS 2024 as of 4/28 recognize and enumerate the Logitech X52...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the current version of MSFS 2024 as of 4/28 recognize and enumerate the Logitech X52...: For a description that's detailed, refer to the question provided. 81417ea2-8e01-44be-9398-b0e2977596ed
  10. External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    External HDD stopped being recognized after latest update: After newest alpha update today (26 May 2023) my external HDD is not recognized by my Xbox Series X. I have tried rebooting it and following all the steps found online and it will not load....