Xbox One Not Picking Up Third Party Headset Mic Sounds

Discus and support Xbox One Not Picking Up Third Party Headset Mic Sounds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I apologize if this has been answered before, but I did not see anything on the forums about it. I have a CM Story Sirus Headset with a 3.5mm audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LiL Bunnyy FuFu, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Xbox One Not Picking Up Third Party Headset Mic Sounds

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I did not see anything on the forums about it. I have a CM Story Sirus Headset with a 3.5mm audio plug that I wish to use for my Xbox One audio/chat. I purchased the Xbox One headset adapter today and plugged
    my third party headset into it and got the controller update. Now, the audio is coming through my headset just perfectly. The only issue is that it is not picking up my mic at all. I know it is not an issue with the headset, because I use the mic on the headset
    to talk on skype almost every night. Hopefully someone else has a similar issue/fix for this because the game audio sounds great on the headset but my mic just simply isn't being picked up. Thanks!

:)

LiL Bunnyy FuFu, Jan 3, 2016
  2. Broken Xbox mics (can still hear others through headset but can't reply)

My xbox one mic have sound but my mic not picking up nothing that I said in a party!!

iDoItForTheUSA, Jan 3, 2016
  3. xbox headset mic will not work

i got a brand new xbox one headset and the mic is not working. i can hear other people but my mic not picking up any sound .

SoS x L3G3NDz, Jan 3, 2016
  4. iDoItForTheUSA Win User

Broken Xbox mics (can still hear others through headset but can't reply)

My xbox one mic have sound but my mic not picking up nothing that I said in a party!!
  5. AridLizard Win User

Headset Echoing

in the Party Audio settings you should see a setting for Mic Sensitivity.
    try turning that down so that the mic doesn't pick up the sound from the headset/tv.

hope this helps
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Party/mic issues

I am assuming that you have both game and party chat Coming through the headset and not TV speakers. Some mics even on a boom are extremely sensitive and will pick up even sound from the headset. If your mic is flexible, try to bend it further away from
    the ear pieces.

Which headset are you using?
  7. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Xbox Stereo Head-set and Adapter, can hear game audio fully and clearly, Chat audio is not working

If you are not in the preview and not running any preview updates, there is no need to post there.

*This happened to me but in reverse. I had the basic chat headset and one day in Sept. the mic stopped recording sound. I could hear chat but no longer speak to others. I assumed it was the headset so I began using the Kinect only and found out that the
    Kinect, the headset and my third party headset that is compatible with the xbox one all would not work.

During the October Preview I picked up the headset you have and after one of the preview updates they all began working again.

I assumed it was update related.

Sorry but perhaps another person will comment with a fix.
  8. Listed mia 510 Win User

No sound from Game DVR?

Do any of you with audio issues use third party Mics?

I have been noticing while my headset is plugged in i get no sounds on recordings. But when headset is not plugged in the audio is in the clip
Thema:

Xbox One Not Picking Up Third Party Headset Mic Sounds

1. Xbox One Not Picking Up Third Party Headset Mic Sounds - Similar Threads - Picking Third Party

2. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  3. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  4. Need help picking a new xbox controller

in XboX Insiders
    Need help picking a new xbox controller: So I've been through lots of regular xbox series x/s controllers and the most recent one got stick drift after about 4 months of use. Trying to find a xbox controller that can withstand the...
  5. Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to use my external hardrive it says that I have to pick a folder: Regardless of whatever folder I pick it says "You can't set your default folder location to that one. Try another one" or "You can't change your default install location to that folder while it is...
  6. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  7. Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Console not picking up Controller Movement: Controller is able to turn on and off the console. But unable to move anything in Xbox Home screen. Only able to play disc games as Xbox loads directly into game. I have tried numerous times to...
  8. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox App Party Wont Pick Up Mic Properly: The Xbox app is able to pick up my mic and I can see it in the device properties settings in the Xbox game bar, but in a party I cant talk despite the mic being picked up. I can hear people in the...
  10. If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i have someone being openly racist in messages but the automatic system will not pick it...: He used spaces to call me a porch monkey and n word how do i report this? Gt [mod removed] 9d82a3e2-2ba1-4e64-9bf2-638420a5312d