xbox one not completing restart during update

Discus and support xbox one not completing restart during update in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My son has an Xbox One that needs an update, and it goes through the whole process until it needs to reboot, but then it just shuts off completely. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LauraW, Nov 27, 2022.

1. LauraW
    LauraW Guest

My son has an Xbox One that needs an update, and it goes through the whole process until it needs to reboot, but then it just shuts off completely. I have tried running an offline update with the same issue.

Of note, I did notice that when I unplug the console for 30 seconds I can't get it to boot up right away. After perhaps 30 seconds if you push the eject button it emits a very weak attempt at the ding. After about a minute, if I leave it alone, it seems to have enough power to start up.

Seeing this, it seems like I may have a power issue and I did order a new power supply (it arrives on Wednesday). I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and, if so, if you were able to resolve it and how?

:)

LauraW, Nov 27, 2022
  2. LauraW Win User

ya know, I had tried it directly in the outlet instead of the surge protector, but I hadn't considered plugging it in in a different room. The update completed itself just fine in my bedroom and it looks like I'll be getting an electrician out to fix the outlet.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi LauraW

I’m glad to know that everything is working now

and yes, the best option is check what’s going on with the outlet in your room

I hope that everything gets solved as soon as possible

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future

For now take care and have a good day
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Lauraw

This can be a bit dumb, but may I know if you tried connecting the console on another room and doing the update ?

If yes, may I know if you have a disc inserted or USB accessories connected to the console?
  5. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

Démarrage console est mise à jour [Console startup is updated]

Hi There,

No, it is not normal for your Xbox to turn itself on in the middle of the night. And for the cutting off during an update sometimes the Xbox needs to restart during an update so that is normal, but if it is turning off and not restarting during an update
    that is not normal.
  6. IRONLUNG TEX Win User

Stuck in green loading screen after April update

It froze during the update so I restarted the Xbox and now it's stuck
Thema:

1. xbox one not completing restart during update - Similar Threads - completing restart during

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?

in XBoX on Windows
    when you complete a task in minecraft but does not give a code what do you do?: I did these tasks that give you items and minecoins but I did not get the coins it has? bb87f0b9-be24-4578-9c20-4e75c285374b
  4. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  5. If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the...: If I completely remove the left analog joystick without replacement..to compatibly use the arrow buttons direction will it work ea86895f-ddb2-47e6-8c75-b19b25a1e034
  6. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  7. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  8. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  9. I just bought a game and it says completed in the billing ive restarted and signed out...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought a game and it says completed in the billing ive restarted and signed out...: No matter how many times i try i cant play any games cause it says i dont own then and i am in the right account and it continues to bug out ARK: Survival Ascended is currently not available in...
  10. My Xbox series s completely restarted?

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series s completely restarted?: I have an xbox series s. I turned it on today only to find that its asking me to choose a language, internet connection, and to sign in to my microsoft account. It also asked my to choose a new...