Xbox one not allowed to select hdmi audio

Discus and support Xbox one not allowed to select hdmi audio in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My xbox one console I noticed had no sound. I check in the audio settings and it was set to optical audio out. It will not let me select hdmi audio,... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cruxkilla, Apr 20, 2022.

1. cruxkilla
    cruxkilla Guest

My xbox one console I noticed had no sound. I check in the audio settings and it was set to optical audio out. It will not let me select hdmi audio, that opton is greyed out. On the general volume and audio output screen on the right side it tell me this " your tv connection is set to dvi. For sound , you'll need an optical audio cable. If your using an hmdI cable switch your tv connection to an hdmi setting" . Well this message makes no sense. My tv has no audup setting described. I tried multuple hdmi cables and inputs. I even tired an entirely different tv. The same hmdi cables and inputs and tvs work fine for my PS4 for both video and audio. I have never had optical audio in use on any of my tvs. I have tried resetting audio settings on xbox. No matter what I do the xbox wont let me select hdmi audio, it only allows to select optical audio. This is not due to my tvs, inputs , cables or settings. Since these tvs cables and inputs work fine with other devices.

:)

cruxkilla, Apr 20, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You didn't mention the steps I mentioned, you selected different inputs means you change it on the Tv and I requested to change the output on the console, you haven't changed the outputs, but yes factory reset will also change the output
  3. cruxkilla Win User

If you had actually read my whole post you would see that I tried that. I also tried different inputs and an entirely different tv. The very same inputs and tvs work fine for other devices. This issue must be with the xbox. Not the tv since I can use any tv any hmdi cable or any setting and have the same result .
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Cruxkilla! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

What that means is that on your console you have selected on the video options of your TV you have set as display the DVI option, you need to change this to auto-detect or HDMI, then you will be able to select HDMI audio

This settings will be found on the console settings/TV& Display options/video fidelity & overscan
  5. cruxkilla Win User

This was finally resolved by going to settings , system, console info, and performed a reset. I can now select hmdi audio again ( this had nothing to do with my tv and was entirely some kind of issue with the xbox. )
  6. Rodri Magalhães Win User

Error code 0x80bd0009 not found?

I have the same problem but i cant even enable 5.1 audio :( i can enable 5.1 audio but if i select HDMI on video output, instead of automatic. But that only allows me to select 1080p resolution, not 4k. So i can only use 4k or 5.1 audio on Xbox One X
Thema:

1. Xbox one not allowed to select hdmi audio - Similar Threads - allowed select hdmi

2. My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?: So i was having a tit for tat with a guy over fifa saying he wouldnt beat me in a normal game mode but told him he only beat me in a game of ‘mystery ball’ in eafc 24, unfortunately that message...
  3. My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new internet at home is 2.2 GB and my XBOX X will not allow me into online gaming: Hi. Yesterday my internet was boosted from 1GB to 2.2GB. and now my Xbox will not allow me to play online. The message on screen says waiting for relay. I would add that ten minutes before city...
  4. Why does my Solitaire suite frequently go into a loop from game selection not allowing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Solitaire suite frequently go into a loop from game selection not allowing...: Why does my Solitaire suite frequently go into a loop from game selection not allowing play? I have Windows 10 with the latest updates. This also occurs with Mah Jong and Ultimate Word Games....
  5. Mouse wouldn't allow me to select anything on Edge

in XBoX on Windows
    Mouse wouldn't allow me to select anything on Edge: Recently I've been able to use my mouse and keyboard on my Xbox Series S, within Microsoft Edge, it worked perfectly fine and I could enter websites and such with the use of it. Just today, I...
  6. XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX App does not allow me to select drive to install game.: Hi all, I am trying to install games for 3 days, tried many "tutorials" from YT how to choose drive, but nothing works. Earlier everything was working fine, but now (I guess after last update)...
  7. Series S won't allow me to select External Hard Drive for captures.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won't allow me to select External Hard Drive for captures.: It allowed me to send all my games to the external hard drive. How ever when I go into preferences, then capture & Share I try to change where the captures are saved. It won't allow me to send it...
  8. not able to select allow on you can join multiplayer games

in XBoX on Windows
    not able to select allow on you can join multiplayer games: when i click the allow circle on you can join multiplayer games and then click save it unclicks allow and turns it back to block 53b4f71e-dd17-409b-b7c6-652ba36d56d1
  9. Please allow me to select console to download the Game Pass content to.

in XboX Insiders
    Please allow me to select console to download the Game Pass content to.: I have multiple consoles in my house, and in order for my wife to play the games I purchase (and vice versa), the Xbox she uses is my home console, and the one I use is hers. In the Android Game...
  10. When I select allow on "broadcast gameplay" it reverts to blocked after I click submit

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I select allow on "broadcast gameplay" it reverts to blocked after I click submit: On my Xbox One my settings are set to Adult and "broadcast gameplay" is set to allowed however I'm still not able to broadcast through twitch OR mixer, they both say I need to change my settings....