xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio

Discus and support xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello im on xbox one ,im connecting it to a optama hd projector via hdmi, and to a sound bar via optical lead the sound works after altering settings... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by paulktmman, Oct 18, 2017.

1. paulktmman
    paulktmman Guest

hello im on xbox one ,im connecting it to a optama hd projector via hdmi, and to a sound bar via optical lead the sound works after altering settings on xbox to stop audio on hdmi and enable on optical ,but i cant get any sound out of my turtle beach headphones
    (mic ) can anyone help with this problem ,settings adaptors etc

:)

paulktmman, Oct 18, 2017
  2. STEMBOB
    STEMBOB Guest
    No Xbox One audio through Sony Surround receiver only get Sky Tv audio?But i can through the tv.

No Xbox One audio through Sony Surround receiver only get Sky Tv audio?But i can through the tv.

Can anyone help?

Am i missing something in settings . I have my sky+hd box on hdmi passthrough and an optical lead from xbox one to my surround sound system.then hdmi back from xbox to tv.i can get my xbox audio through tv but not through my sound system.

STEMBOB, Oct 18, 2017
  3. HDMI Video but no Optical Sound

I have my xbox one connected to an Pioneer AV Receiver (LX SC81). Up to this point I was using HDMI for sound and video with no problems. Ive just bought the Rocksmith guitar game and have read online that there is serious sound lag when using HDMI for audio.
    Therefore, Ive connected an optical audio cable from the XBox to one of the AVR optical inputs.

When in the menu settings of the AVR, video from the xbox is turned off which is normal. When in the menu settings the xbox audio via optical works as i can hear the game audio coming through the speakers. When I come out of the menu in the AVR and video
    returns, the sound cuts off. It seems I can have video (HDMI) or sound (optical) but not both?? Ive tried the Optical uncompresed stereo, bitstream DTS and DD.

MartinDavidson999, Oct 18, 2017
  4. xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio

Hey there paulktmman,

How are the headphones connected in this setup and which model are you using? Have they ever worked in this setup?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 19, 2017
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there paulktmman,

How are the headphones connected in this setup and which model are you using? Have they ever worked in this setup?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. SHRECK085 Win User

USB audio???????

When I say usb headset I'm talking about no optical audio cord connected to the xbox and no 3.5mm cord connected to the controller for use of mic. I have a gen2 astro a50 for the xbox one says on the box for xbox one. On my ps4 slim which has no optical
    out. I can hook my amp to the ps4 only using only the usb port and in setting under audio devices you can have game and mic audio go to headset with no mic or optical cords. And it sound just the same and you can adjust mic sensitivity for background noise.
    A much better set up than xbox and there outdated stereo and optical cords.
  7. entexman Win User

Sound Issue

You most likely have to run an optical audio cable from your Xbox one to your tv (if it has an optical audio input that is) if you want to get the audio to your sound bar. Audio should still come out through the tv's built in speakers though.
  8. Hordie Win User

Having an issue with Optical Audio from Xbox One

Hi NhraRacer,

Sorry you're having issues with your audio on your Xbox One. It looks like you already did the first step which was removing the middle man with the audio switch box. Do you have any other optical receiver that you can test this on to see if you can
    hear the audio? Doing that would help narrow down where the issue is. Also I would try multiple cables to see if you can get audio passing through the console.

First question. Have you gone through and selected the Optical Out to be the sound output on the console? To do this, press menu, go to settings, go to Display and Sound, then under audio select "Optical Audio".

Let us know if you've done all this, and if you can get audio through another optical audio device with another cable.
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox One no surround sound on my home theater

First, try going to Settings > Display and Sound > In the middle, change the "HDMI Audio" setting to '5.1 uncompressed'.

If you still can't get 5.1 audio to your sound system, try buying an optical audio cable and plug that from the back of your xbox one into your sound system and change the settings on your sound system to use the 'Optical In' or a setting that chooses that
    input. Don't forget to change the settings like the one above, but under "Optical Audio" choose "Bitstream Out" and change "Bitstream Format" to "DTS Digital Surround." The optical audio port is right between the HDMI in and out ports.

For more info see this page:
    support.xbox.com/.../configure-audio-settings
Thema:

1. xbox one no sound through mic when using optical lead for audio - Similar Threads - sound through mic

2. Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sound not outputting through rear speakers or subwoofer: Hello, I have a Vizio 5.1 Soundbar system plugged into my TV through the eARC HDMI, then my XBox Series X plugged into the TV as well through a different HDMI port. When I am setting up my XBox...
  3. No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound coming through monitor when I plug my Xbox One S into it: I saw in another post to use headphones but sound won't come through them either 33c322e7-f41e-4e3e-8787-0cf091a75869
  4. Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t game sound come through my headset when my controller is on a wire?: It works with batteries, it’s just when I plug the wire in 0da6a4a9-e2ca-42ee-92e0-2c85881cb24d
  5. My Xbox series X won't play sound through the speakers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series X won't play sound through the speakers: My xbox series X will play sound through the head set but not the TV speakers or the sound bar I have its been fine for years and all the sudden after playing BTD6 it stop work one night....
  6. Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos sound issues using a soundbar with HDMI/ARC pass through?: I have a dolby atmos soundbar linked up to my xbox using the HDMI/ARC so it is hooked up correctly I've tried to switch the cable round just to make sure like using the opposite ends, for some...
  7. No sound through TV or mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No sound through TV or mic.: I have no sound coming through my TV or mic. I am able to speak through the mic, but I can’t hear anyone. I have attempted: - my TV audio works. TV is not muted. - updating my controller from...
  8. Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset only working as a MIC no sound coming through earpiece: Hi, I have 2 xboxs, an xbox 1s and an xbox 1x and this issue is happening on both of them. If i plug 2 different headsets in the 3.5mm jack the MIC works but the chat comes through the TV...
  9. My mic won’t let me talk in the Xbox party and sound plays through my tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won’t let me talk in the Xbox party and sound plays through my tv: Bought an xbox today and i feel like ive tried everything the audio is playing through my tv and when i speak in a party no one can hear me but i can hear them the headphones say they are on and...
  10. My console will not play any sound except through the mic.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My console will not play any sound except through the mic.: my sound is on and I can hear the tv while its showing a tv show but I can't here it on the Xbox eeff0603-d4e7-4625-83ab-cddef3609aa2