Xbox One Network Issue

Discus and support Xbox One Network Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; All of a sudden my Xbox One S has decided it can't connect to the wireless router. I have to set up the wireless network on the Xbox again but when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnitedGolem28, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Xbox One Network Issue

All of a sudden my Xbox One S has decided it can't connect to the wireless router. I have to set up the wireless network on the Xbox again but when I do so it says it cannot connect and to power cycle the modem. This doesn't work in this case, even tried
    a full shutdown of the Xbox as well. After selecting this did not work it then says to check that the mac address of the Xbox hasn't been blocked. I checked that and it hasn't been. Then it says to make sure the wireless password is correct which it is. The
    only other thing it says to do is just use a cable. Problem is I don't have one I can use so. Anyone know why it would have suddenly done this and how I might be able to fix it?

:)

UnitedGolem28, Oct 13, 2017
  2. Xbox One Network issue

Xbox is not showing wireless networks

SillyPillow87, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Xbox one network issue

my Xbox one will allow me to connect to XBL momentarily, sometimes to talk to friends but, when I try to be in the party and load an app or game at the same time I get disconnected immediately and it takes forever to get back on..only way way to get back
    online is if I set my network back up. I can still connect to Xbox Live but, it won't let me do the same functions as it used to. I fixed it for a couple days but, now it's gotten worse. I've tried both wired and wireless and neither work anymore.

St0ned3agle457, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Xbox One Network Issue

Hey there UnitedGolem28!

Is there any chance you can test a wired connection with your Xbox One to see if there's any change with your ability to connect?

Mister Maka, Oct 16, 2017
  5. Qwertei Win User

Xbox One Issue/Network Issues

Oh your first post said you were thinking about sending it in for repairs nothing about telling me or genesis about it asking for you to send it in for repairs

[quote user="CaptainKaiju123"]I was just assuming I would need to turn in my Xbox to have it repaired?[/quote]

Lets factory reset it go to settings - system - console info & updates - reset - reset and remove everything. Once you done that go through the initial setup again and see if you can fix it without getting repairs. let me know if the pop up asking for repairs
    is gone and see if you are / aren't connected to a wired network. If the factory reset doesn't work then you will need repairs unless it is under warranty then it should be covered.
  6. Qwertei Win User

[quote user="CaptainKaiju123"] So, I was just assuming I would need to turn in my Xbox to have it repaired?[/quote]

No need for repairs!

You can also try clearing the alternate MAC address settings - network - advanced settings - alternate MAC address - clear - restart

if my post or genesis post doesn't help then let me or genesis know and we'll try to resolve it. Genesis is great when it comes to internet connectivity so he'll be more of a help then me lol.
  7. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the
    console. Once it is back up and operational test the results. Let us know.

If you still need to send it in for repair. If you registered your console then you should be able to log in here and get the process started. account.microsoft.com/devices

Good Luck!!
  8. CaptainKaiju123 Win User

Well, I tried both of those. It is still saying I am connected through a wire and it's also saying I must send it in for repairs, sadly.
  9. Vladoski50 Win User

Network issues with xbox one.

Yep. I've assigned xbox one static ip. Reserved IP specific for xbox one mac address. All of these work for that one instance where I reboot modem/router. Once xbox is put to sleep and reboots, I can't connect to internet. Funny thing is, the xbox one shows
    correct the ip/subnet/dns. Just no internet until i go reboot the modem/router again. I'm thinking this might be hardware issue.
Thema:

Xbox One Network Issue

1. Xbox One Network Issue - Similar Threads - Network Issue

2. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  3. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  4. Network transfer issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network transfer issue: I bought an Xbox series s my old Xbox was given to my younger brother. On the old Xbox I bought sea of thieves. When I went to network transfer it worked. Then I reset my Xbox and now I can’t play...
  5. Xbox series X network & games issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X network & games issue: my Xbox series x works fine and connects to wifi but won’t load games on wifi. Like any game pass game will come up with a message about it being a trial to buy the game or check the subscription...
  6. Network Delta issue to the point can't play

in XboX Insiders
    Network Delta issue to the point can't play: As of the 1st of the year something happened and everything is so slow it like my account is screwed up to the max! i've called tech support only to get blown of and pissed off! i have a 400...
  7. Please help, networking issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, networking issue: Iv'e tried everything to connect to xbox live, but I keep getting "there is a problem with your connection" , I have done all the suggestions and the virtual agent, nothings working...
  8. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  9. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  10. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...