Xbox One Memory question....Playing Games on Disk vs. installing the whole thing

Discus and support Xbox One Memory question....Playing Games on Disk vs. installing the whole thing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure what I am doing wrong. I bought a 64 gig machine last year. It works fine but found that you can only have several games on the machine. How... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shaq737, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Shaq737
    Shaq737 Guest

Xbox One Memory question....Playing Games on Disk vs. installing the whole thing

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I bought a 64 gig machine last year. It works fine but found that you can only have several games on the machine. How come most games require you to install the game on the machine. What is the point of having a disk? Kind
    of tough when you have several kids who have different games and you tell them they can't play with all of them unless you remove another one (with all their progress). I wished I had bought a bigger memory capability if I had know this. Is there anyway to
    getting around installing the entire game on the machine to play it. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

:)

Shaq737, Jan 2, 2016
  2. Tom_AUT
    Tom_AUT Guest
    Install disc on usb, play disc on int hdd?

The question the whole issue boils down to is actually very simple: Is the graphic lag (e.g. pop-up textures/objects) better or worse when installing the play disk on a USB drive than when playing directly from the disk? A simple "better" or "worse" would
    be awesome. Thanks. Xbox One Memory question....Playing Games on Disk  vs. installing the whole thing :)

Tom_AUT, Jan 2, 2016
  3. More great news for xbox one!!

the whole xbox vs ps vs pc needs to really stop. everyone has there preferred method of playing video games we all have one thing in common and that is the love of video games. we are gamers.

The Deadman 1, Jan 2, 2016
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

No.All games need to be installed,there's no way around it.

You don't lose you game save(progress) when you uninstall a game.The save should be on your console & on the cloud as well as long as you're connected to live.

Daft Badger, Jan 2, 2016
  5. Daft Badger Win User

No.All games need to be installed,there's no way around it.

You don't lose you game save(progress) when you uninstall a game.The save should be on your console & on the cloud as well as long as you're connected to live.
  6. The Deadman 1 Win User

More great news for xbox one!!

the whole xbox vs ps vs pc needs to really stop. everyone has there preferred method of playing video games we all have one thing in common and that is the love of video games. we are gamers.
  7. SUPERTIM360 Win User

Couple of xbox one questions.

Ok here is a question: When my install is done do I need the disk in the Xbox One to play the game?
  8. ddabbb3 Win User

GTA V - Jagged edges (Grapic)

I have installed the two disks now, one on the USB drive(16GB)(GTA V Instal Disc) and one on the standard xbox 360 hard disk(Play Disk), but it still asking for a cd to load data from it >.<, so here is a question, how to stop the game loading from the
    CD?
  9. BlackHornDeath Win User

Call of Duty Ghosts won't play

My issue is not with the install... I have installed it and played it many times... The problem is that I will do something else... Like watch TV and come back to play COD and it loads to a black screen and stops. After multiple try's to load the game,
    I will have to either load another game disk to play and then come back to play COD (only works sometimes). Or shut down the whole system and reload it for the game to boot! This is an issue with the XBox One... Not the install or the disk...
Thema:

1. Xbox One Memory question....Playing Games on Disk vs. installing the whole thing - Similar Threads - Memory question Playing

2. After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card

in XBoX on Consoles
    After updating game "finishing things up" slow with memory card: So I've just downloaded a bunch of game updates on my internal hard drive. Everything went super quick, but when I had updates for games that were downloaded to my Series X memory card the...
  3. Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card

in XboX Insiders
    Save Data Copying USB Memory and SD Card: Would you like to be able to copy Xbox One and Xbox Series X's Game Save Data to USB memory? submitted by /u/nemesislivezx [link] [comments]
  4. Series s memory

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series s memory: I'm looking for different options for additional memory for my series s that I can actually play the games off of. 2b574c62-44c1-4c99-879c-e19ed840fd95
  5. xbox series x out of video memory

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x out of video memory: Been getting something about video memory full this on pop up which then crashes game. It does it on sword and fairy together forever this is the second game it does it on can't remember the first...
  6. reset memory

in XBoX on Windows
    reset memory: Hello, I wanted to try going into the “dev mode” of the Xbox series x and I changed the dev storage…. How do I find my 1000gb of memory? df93433b-7c61-4443-a69c-73e666d50ca5
  7. Memory error Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Memory error Modern Warfare 3: Hi not sure if anyone can help I keep getting memory error every couple of games. I have enough storage so it's nothing to do with storage, never had this problem on any other COD. Things I've...
  8. Referenced Memory Read Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Referenced Memory Read Error: Hi, I am receiving the following application error when I run Civ6. "The instruction at 0x00000000149677D3 referenced memory could not be read" Have tried starting and restarting. And have run...
  9. My Xbox Series S is continually saying I don't have enough memory.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S is continually saying I don't have enough memory.: My Xbox Series S is saying I don't have enough memory. I only COH3 on the Xbox, have done a hard reset, reset the console both with games and apps and without and it still does it. Any clues...
  10. Why am I having a memory issue for COH3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I having a memory issue for COH3: Trying to take ortuna in the Italian campaign and it crashes before I can even take the first capture point popping up a message saying I'm out of memory how is that even possible when I have no...