xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible?

Discus and support xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My wife bought me the official xbox one media remote for my birthday so that I can use the xbox as a bluray player, without having to use the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jodfrey, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Jodfrey
    Jodfrey Guest

My wife bought me the official xbox one media remote for my birthday so that I can use the xbox as a bluray player, without having to use the controller.

Reading the instructions, it sounds like I can control the volume and power on the tv from the remote as well.

I found some online instructions that walk you through this, but there has been system updates since the walkthrough and the options they describe nolonger exist.

I spoke to a Microsoft agent and they say it can't be done without the Kinect, or having an IR cable - of course I have neither. It does give me an option of manually inputting a 3 or 4 digit code, but I can't find a listing of codes for this remote.

So firstly, is it possible to control basic TV functions without a Kinect or IR cable? Secondly, if it is possible, does anyone have the codes/know where the codes are for a UK Philips TV (wall mounted, so no idea of model/serial number).

THanks

:)

Jodfrey, Jan 3, 2016
  2. bmelendy
    bmelendy Guest
    Xbox one media remote won't control TV

Anyone know why the Xbox one media remote won't control my TV? It works for apps like Netflix but it won't control the volume. I set my TV up and the kinect was able to mute my TV during the setup process. Is the official Xbox one media remote supposed
    to control the volume of your TV?? Thanks for any suggestions.

.... Brad

bmelendy, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Josh Solid
    Josh Solid Guest
    Xbox One Media Remote Help

I have an xbox one without the kinect. I bought a media remote because i read you can turn on/off your tv with it as well as change the volume. Ive searched around but cannot find out how to control my tv with the remote.

Josh Solid, Jan 3, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

I haven't had the media remote for a long time but when I did I was able to change the volume on the TV too and I didn't have a Kinect. It may have changed since I owned one but I wouldn't think you would need the Kinect to change the volume on the TV.
    Good Luck!

{Parity}, Jan 3, 2016
  5. I am following this thread.. I too want to know how to control my tv volume with the remote

Scuppernog-9AE07176-0C8A-42FF-9DC4-D38ECA3A0C68, Jan 6, 2016
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    {Parity}, Jan 6, 2016
  7. fireboy92k(2), Jan 8, 2016
  8. xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible?

No, it's not a universal remote: (www.xbox.com/.../media-remote)

The remote controls TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, or an IR extender cable (cable not included).

You need Kinect or IR Extenders.

support.xbox.com/.../use-external-ir-with-xbox-one

fireboy92k(2), Oct 31, 2018
  9. fireboy92k(2) Win User

No, it's not a universal remote: (www.xbox.com/.../media-remote)

The remote controls TV/receiver power and volume through Kinect, or an IR extender cable (cable not included).

You need Kinect or IR Extenders.

support.xbox.com/.../use-external-ir-with-xbox-one
  10. SoG Watchman Win User

Question about upcoming Xbox one remote

From the Microsoft post today about the remote...

"The Media Remote can also control TV/Receiver power and volume through Kinect"

So it look like it does control the Xbox via the infrared receivers on the Kinect.
  11. bmelendy Win User

Xbox one media remote won't control TV

Well, no matter what I try, the official Microsoft Media Remote just won't control my TV's volume. I thought maybe it was my off-brand Sanyo TV but tried it on my other LG TV and it behaved the same. The Kinect can control the TV's volume with voice commands,
    but not the media remote.

Returning this and I will try a third party remote and hope for better functionality.
  12. Mister Beep Win User

Can the Media Remote control my audio receiver WITHOUT a Kinect?

Hey there T Destroy3r!

It is possible to use your Xbox One Media Remote with your Xbox One console without having a Kinect. In order to control volume on your receiver you will need to have an IR blaster that connects via 3.5 mm cable and has 3 or fewer emitters. For more info,
    check out our Xbox One Media Remote and IR Extension Cable support
    articles.

Hope that helps! :D
  13. fireboy92k(2) Win User

Thema:

1. xbox one media remote control tv volume WITHOUT Kinect ... possible? - Similar Threads - media remote control

2. Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Manage media files on Xbox Series S and transfer to external USB: Hello, everyone! I have a Logitech webcam connected to my Xbox Series S via USB port. The webcam is a C930e model. I've captured some treasured moments, but I'm unable to copy them to an external...
  3. Vlc media issue help help help help help

in XboX Insiders
    Vlc media issue help help help help help: I have no idea where there located on internal drive but they are there, not a single thread on any browser pertaining to this issue. I want to free up 10gbs of videos off my xbox. I never wanted...
  4. My external solid state drive is showing as media only.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external solid state drive is showing as media only.: I have a 4 terabite solid state drive that us type-c 3.1 and I've looked at the support pages and I did what was there and it didn't work, it still shows as a media only drive....
  5. My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox keeps disconecting me from virgin media does anyone know how to fix this: My xbox series x keeps disconecting me from virgin media and multi player does anyone know how to fix this issue. 7339beda-3336-43b2-9fc1-d30f4714b04b
  6. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  7. Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Error 0xc00d11cd (0x8007045d) When Watching Media Via USB.: When tryin to watch movies stored on an external harddrive, I quite often recieve this message. It happens randomly and not all the time. When it does happen it can be 10min after the media has...
  8. Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X - PDP Media Remote Volume Control: Hello, I recently upgraded from the Xbox One X to the Series X earlier this month. In the same time, I have decided to cut the cord on cable and only go with streaming services. The Series X will...
  9. Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s...: Need help connecting PDP media remote. Tried everything from PDP’s website and my tv’s website but nothing ia working. Please help e5484eff-9781-4e72-855f-5aa26da24bb3
  10. Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles

in XboX Insiders
    Media Remote Controlling multiple consoles: Is there an investigation happen to solve media remote controlling two xboxes in the same room? Is it possible to deactivate the ir receiver on one console? submitted by /u/sl1kr1ky [link]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. talon media remote without kinect