Xbox one max download speed caps at 50Mbps

Discus and support Xbox one max download speed caps at 50Mbps in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i am trying to figure out why my Xbox one isn't using most of my download speed. Speedtest (not my ISP theoretical) says I'm getting 380 on desktop and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zonel59, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Zonel59
    Zonel59 Guest

i am trying to figure out why my Xbox one isn't using most of my download speed. Speedtest (not my ISP theoretical) says I'm getting 380 on desktop and iPhone is getting 368Mbps. Xbox one has open NAT but is getting only 50 as download speed. I connected
    it directly to the wireless modem w an Ethernet but still 50 is the highest it'll go. Any solutions or explanations?

:)

Zonel59, Dec 18, 2015
  2. Slacker2011
    Slacker2011 Guest
    Wireless Network connection speed

My internet connection speed from AT&T isn't the problem. I have a max connection speed of 24Mbps. At a constant, is 18Mbps. The only device I have that has a problem with router connection speed is my Xbox 360, which caps at 5Mbps. All of my other devices
    idle at 1Mbps, but shoot up to anywhere from 35Mbps to 144Mbps on the wireless-n connection. The only device that connects to Wireless-G is my PS3 and it connects at 50Mbps, constantly. I know this because I know the IP address of every device connected to
    my router. My Xbox 360 always has a 100% signal strength, the PS3 also has a 100% signal strength, my my other devices do not has a signal strength less than 75%.

Slacker2011, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Sabre Rex
    Sabre Rex Guest
    Xbox one s max download speed?

does anyone know the max download speed for the Xbox one s

Sabre Rex, Dec 18, 2015
  4. MythPlus
    MythPlus Guest

Hi there!

I understand that you are concerned that you aren't getting the full possible download speed with your Xbox One. Could you tell us a little more about your setup?

Are you connected via wi - fi or is your Xbox One directly connected with an Ethernet cable?

What specific item, game or service are you attempting to download, or are these results from the network test on the Xbox One system settings?

Potentially, it could be a limitation not of your network or the Xbox One, but perhaps something on the other side. For example, an update being served to your console via a third party for a game etc.

Let us know any related information and we can try to figure this out together.

MythPlus, Dec 19, 2015
  5. Alex_NY
    Alex_NY Guest
    I just got my Xbox One and I found a similar issue. I have an Apple Time Capsule (3rd Generation). I have the Xbox One wired through a CAT 5E cable to the router, and set up a static IP in the DHCP. For some reason it will not go above 50Mbit download speed.
    My PS4 downloads faster than this...

All my other devices zip through downloads (I get 200/20 from TWC) but the Xbox One is struggling. Very strange, and I still haven't figured out the reason.

Alex_NY, Dec 26, 2015
  6. Same here its happening to me to I'm getting 200MB download speed when running a speed test on speed test.net but when running a test on xboxone I'm getting 100MB

LethalSniper007, Dec 27, 2015
  7. Zonel59
    Zonel59 Guest
    As stated earlier I am connected directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable so I don't see how any wifi related issues would be causing a problem with my max download speed

Zonel59, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Alex_NY Win User

I just got my Xbox One and I found a similar issue. I have an Apple Time Capsule (3rd Generation). I have the Xbox One wired through a CAT 5E cable to the router, and set up a static IP in the DHCP. For some reason it will not go above 50Mbit download speed.
    My PS4 downloads faster than this...

All my other devices zip through downloads (I get 200/20 from TWC) but the Xbox One is struggling. Very strange, and I still haven't figured out the reason.
  9. MythPlus Win User

Hi there!

I understand that you are concerned that you aren't getting the full possible download speed with your Xbox One. Could you tell us a little more about your setup?

Are you connected via wi - fi or is your Xbox One directly connected with an Ethernet cable?

What specific item, game or service are you attempting to download, or are these results from the network test on the Xbox One system settings?

Potentially, it could be a limitation not of your network or the Xbox One, but perhaps something on the other side. For example, an update being served to your console via a third party for a game etc.

Let us know any related information and we can try to figure this out together.
  10. Zonel59 Win User

As stated earlier I am connected directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable so I don't see how any wifi related issues would be causing a problem with my max download speed
  11. LethalSniper007 Win User

Same here its happening to me to I'm getting 200MB download speed when running a speed test on speed test.net but when running a test on xboxone I'm getting 100MB
  12. IXISTiCKYIXI Win User

XBOX LIVE - INTENTIONAL SPEED CAP

Just to add... i test my speed by download Windows 7 SP1 off the Microsoft website... and its NOT CAPPED. Maxing out my internet speed.
Thema:

1. Xbox one max download speed caps at 50Mbps - Similar Threads - max download speed

2. How do I download max payne 1 on my 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I download max payne 1 on my 360?: How do I download max payne 1 on my 360 155749e4-2a7f-47f1-a1bf-49c2f3d8d0ac
  3. Max Payne 1 & 2 download failure on Xbox 360.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 1 & 2 download failure on Xbox 360.: A few days ago I bought Max Payne 1 on the online Xbox store and Max Payne 2 through my 360. However neither of them will download. I go to my download history in settings and they are both...
  4. I can't download Max Payne 1 or 2 when I previously purchaced them on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Max Payne 1 or 2 when I previously purchaced them on Xbox 360: so I bought Max Payne 1 and 2 digitally way back when I had my Xbox 360.I was happy when I saw them finally added to backwards compatibility,however........they don't show up in my library(on...
  5. Max payne 2 on Xbox 360 wont download. Corrupt file.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max payne 2 on Xbox 360 wont download. Corrupt file.: Ive cleared the cache and done all that it did nothing, other 360 games and original xbox games download just fine it just seems to be a problem with max payne 2 specifically. Anyone got any...
  6. Max Payne 3 - impossible to download part 2 of the game in digital version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 3 - impossible to download part 2 of the game in digital version.: After rockstar disables their max payne 3 servers for xbox360, it is not possible to download part 2 of the game in its digital version. In physical media the game comes with 2 cds, and in digital...
  7. : What is max download speed on Xbox?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : What is max download speed on Xbox?: : What is max download speed on Xbox? Could be throttling due to covid, but then my ISP hasn't throttled as steam downloads full speed. Which begs another question, why does Microsoft throttle the...
  8. Max payne 2 on Xbox 360: Corrupted Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max payne 2 on Xbox 360: Corrupted Download: I wanted to re-download Max payne 2 I bought a while back, but every time I try, the game downloads all the way, taking up space, but the xbox states it cannot download the game, and the download...
  9. Max number of PC can download anywhere games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Max number of PC can download anywhere games: Hi, I bought a digital copy of Gear of War 4 Xbox one + PC. I got 1 code for both platforms. I am wondering how may times/ how may PCs I can download the game for? I have a desktop and a...
  10. Xbox one s max download speed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s max download speed?: does anyone know the max download speed for the Xbox one s b4409cc6-e964-4810-8c12-592e9c56962b