Xbox one making "disc eject" noise randomly

Discus and support Xbox one making "disc eject" noise randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, So a glass of water was spilt into my xbox one. I took it completely apart and let it dry for two days. I have now reassembled it and it works,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GummyBear621, Jun 18, 2018.

1. GummyBear621
    GummyBear621 Guest

Hi,

So a glass of water was spilt into my xbox one. I took it completely apart and let it dry for two days. I have now reassembled it and it works, however, it continues to make a "dun-dun" sound randomly which is quite annoying (even when it is turned off).
    I think it is the sound when you press the eject button when there is no disc in there but i am not certain. Also when i press the eject button it doesnt make any sound.

I can play downloaded games but i dont want to put a disc in there in case it gets stuck. I know there might not be a way to fix it but i would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

:)

GummyBear621, Jun 18, 2018
  2. SliMeyy35
    SliMeyy35 Guest
    Xbox one disc stuck in the xbox, tried manually ejecting but did not work

My disc is stuck in the xbox and it wont eject, its also making some grinding noise when I hit the eject. Its a day one xbox and I do not have a warranty. If I send it in to get fixed will I get my disc back?

SliMeyy35, Jun 18, 2018
  3. Mafivee
    Mafivee Guest
    its brand new but wont be read

It's not recommended to move your console while the disc is in it. Oddly enough, I predict a "Ghosts jammed my Xbox, it's making crunching/grinding noises and won't eject" thread.

Mafivee, Jun 18, 2018
  4. Mob Of The Dead Win User

xbox makes horrid sound when disc stops spinning

it makes the noise when its stopping ie dashboarding or ejecting the disc
  5. l0 98765432l 0 Win User

Xbox fan gets very loud after I shut it off

I don't know if it is the fan because mine makes the same loud noise after I shut it off but one time I tried ejecting the disc and the noise stopped. I don't think it is the fan I think it is the disc spinning.
  6. I KiD Rainen I Win User

Xbox randomly makes eject noise and turns on.

Thank you for replying! Yes I do have my Xbox plugged directly into the wall.

My last Xbox that I had last week wasn't , it was plugged into an extension outlet but it seems with either option I go for the results ended the same.

And I also just made a post on the preview forums. Hopefully everything turns out f

Good.
  7. ColinNeighbour Win User

It is an odd issue and not one I've heard before, hopefully your get sorted out in the preview forums.

Best of luck

Mythreign
  8. ColinNeighbour Win User

Hi I KiD Rainen I

Do yo have access to the preview forums?
    forums.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

I'm sure the preview team would be interested in the issue your having and they really are the best place to get help and give feedback.

Do you have your xbox plugged directly into a wall socket? Plugging in via an extension cable has been know to do some odd things.

Mythreign
Thema:

1. Xbox one making "disc eject" noise randomly - Similar Threads - making disc eject

2. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034
  3. How to access the dlc I bought and make the disc accept it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to access the dlc I bought and make the disc accept it: I've bought a DLC for dragon Ball xenoverse 2 ... The dlc is called Extra pack 2 I installed it but when I go to the game it shows nothing Even though it says installed The game isn't...
  4. Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?: This has never been an issue for me until today. I was reinstalling COD MW2 and when I was doing that like a grinding/vibrating noise happened...Like I said never has this been an issue for me. I...
  5. How to make sure an Xbox disc is 100% readable ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make sure an Xbox disc is 100% readable ?: Recently I have started to collect some Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox one game discs. Since they are all used, some of them may have some minor scratches on them. So I need to check some of them to see...
  6. Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...: I probably have had the series x for a few months and haven’t tried to insert a game until today and when i try to insert a game it doesnt take the game. Also when i first got the console i...
  7. Is it normal for an Xbox one to make sound when you eject a disc for no reason?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it normal for an Xbox one to make sound when you eject a disc for no reason?: My xbox always makes that sound when you take a disc out of it even after an hour it still makes that sound even if it's turned off 675d23ed-ed68-4b56-ab7a-0726fca44932
  8. Micsoft should make games on usb instead of disc

in XboX Insiders
    Micsoft should make games on usb instead of disc: Why doesn't microsoft due away with disc games and just put the games on a usb drive instead they would make so much more money from people that live in rural areas with crappy internet n just...
  9. One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.

in XBoX on Consoles
    One disc, and only one disc, causes my disc drive to make a weird noise.: I tried to put in a Kingdom Come: Deliverance game disc into my Xbox One X, but it caused my disc drive sound like it was struggling to accept it, in addition to the disc not being read. I’ve used...
  10. Power button and disc eject button make no sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power button and disc eject button make no sound: My Xbox One X regular edition has stopped making the normal chimes when the power button is pressed/console turned on and disc eject button. It is only 5 months old. I find this a little strange...