Xbox One Long boot time (connected to amp and tv using HDMI)

Discus and support Xbox One Long boot time (connected to amp and tv using HDMI) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since the last year big update of my X box one, is extremely slow to boot. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to have the main menu on the TV. It is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Frédéric Bourgeois, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Xbox One Long boot time (connected to amp and tv using HDMI)

Since the last year big update of my X box one, is extremely slow to boot. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes to have the main menu on the TV.

It is connected to my TV and amplifier as well as my receiver using HDMI. Before the update, everything was fine, no problem. I haven't changed anything to my setup (same TV, amplifier, receiver). It just takes a lot of time to display the main menu on the
    TV (I can hear the Xbox is actually booted since I can hear the Kinect connection sounds through the speakers, but I dont have an image on TV). Any solution?

:)

Frédéric Bourgeois, Oct 24, 2017
  2. The Jaffro
    The Jaffro Guest
    tv tuner not working every few days since NXOE

My xbox boots into tv and from time to time it wont show my tuner as being connected in the one guide. it will only show HDMI source to witch I have nothing connected. if i go to the settings and to tv and one guide then device control it shows as being
    connected and I can successfully scan for channels. the process of scanning finds all channels then it still wont work when i hard reset and boot back up. anyone had malarial problems?

The Jaffro, Oct 24, 2017
  3. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    can i watch my cable through my xbox one without having to turn on my xbox one?

Incorrect. The Xbox One does NOT pass through the cable box output over HDMI with the Xbox off (if it did, you would still have to use HDMI2 because it is still running through the Xbox). If you are really able to watch cable TV through the Xbox One when
    the TV is set to HDMI2 and also watch cable TV directly using your cable box when the TV is set to HDMI1, then one of 4 things is going on:

1) Your cable box has 2 HDMI outputs, one connected to the Xbox and the other directly to the TV. I am not aware of such a box with 2 HDMI outputs.

2) You have 2 separate cable boxes.

3) You are using an HDMI splitter to simultaneosly output your cable box to the HDMI input on the Xbox and the HDMI1 input on the TV.

4) You are confused--for example, perhaps your cable box is actually connected directly to your TV with component/composite, in addition to being connected to the Xbox via HDMI.

#3 is the only good solution to OP's problem. I can confirm the Monoprice 8204 HDMI splitter works well for this.

www.monoprice.com/Product

Actually, because OP's TV only has one HDMI input, OP will also need an HDMI switch in addition to the splitter. Monoprice has those also.

jmcode, Oct 24, 2017
  4. RobertBuckalew Win User

Xbox black screen. help!

Try all these and see , if you haven't already...especially the one that boots it up in "low res"...

Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are turned on.

•Check that your TV is set to the correct input signal (HDMI).

•Check that the HDMI cable connection to your console is secure.

•Check that the HDMI cable connection to your TV is secure.

•Check that the HDMI cable is connected to the "out to TV" port on the console.

•Perform a cold boot on your Xbox One console by holding the power button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds, and then turn it on again.

•Reset your display settings. Here's how: 1.If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

2.On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

3.Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second
    beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

4.If you are required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you will want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 in the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more information, see How to adjust the
    display settings on your Xbox One console.

•Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV.

•Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.

•Try connecting your console to a different TV.
  5. xFR3AKonaL3ASHx Win User

No Signal

Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are powered on.

Check that your TV is set to the proper input signal (HDMI).

Check that the HDMI cable connection to your console is secure.

Check that the HDMI cable connection to your TV is secure.

Perform a cold boot on your Xbox One console by holding the power button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds, and then power on again.

Reset your display settings. Here's how:

If there’s a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset these settings again, press the Menu button, select Settings, and then select Display & sound.

For more information on advanced display settings, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console.

Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different HDMI port on your TV.

Try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.

Try connecting your console to a different TV.
  6. RobertBuckalew Win User

Console not connecting to the TV

try the steps below ....the on and eject button also......

Your screen is blank after you turn on the console

•Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are turned on.

•Perform a cold boot on your Xbox One console by holding the power button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds, and then turn it on again.

•Reset your display settings. Here's how: 1.If there's a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

2.On the console, press and hold the Xbox button for five seconds to turn off the console.

3.Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You will hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. DO NOT LET GO until the second
    beep occurs.

Note This will boot your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset this setting, go to Settings in the guide, select Display & sounds, Video options, and then TV Resolution.

4.If you are required to complete these steps on every boot-up, you will want to change your TV connection to HDMI as shown in step 3 in the next section, "Your screen is blank and you use an AVR in your setup." For more information, see How to adjust the

7. SassieKat Win User

Green Boot Screen - then BLACK

Here are a few things to try:

Your screen is blank after you power on the console

•Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are powered on.

•Check that your TV is set to the proper input signal (HDMI).

•Perform a cold boot on your Xbox One console by holding the power button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds, and then power on again.

•Reset your display settings. Here's how: 1.If there’s a disc in the Xbox One console, eject it.

3.Press and hold the Xbox button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console.

Note This will boot your console in a low resolution mode (640 × 480). To reset these settings again, press the Menu button, select Settings, and then select Display & sound.

For more information on advanced display settings, see How to adjust the display settings on your Xbox One console.

Troubleshooting a blank screen can be found at
    support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
  8. RobertBuckalew Win User

HDMI port might be fried

so when you turn it on , you see nothing on the screen ? it stays black or goes green to black...you could try the steps here and it will boot into a "low res" mode to check....

Your screen is blank after you turn on the console

•Confirm that both your TV and Xbox One console are turned on.

beep occurs.

Thema:

Xbox One Long boot time (connected to amp and tv using HDMI)

1. Xbox One Long boot time (connected to amp and tv using HDMI) - Similar Threads - Long boot connected

2. Xbox takes a long time to boot, only booting to blank screen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox takes a long time to boot, only booting to blank screen.: Yesterday, my Xbox One S wasn't able to launch any games, so I reset the console. Then, it spent over ten minutes trying to sign into my account, so I tried Power Cycling. Now, the console takes...
  3. Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up: I've had this Xbox One X for around 2-3 months and for the past few days it hasn't been installing, and goes to a black screen for around 15 mins after the xbox loading screen, which takes about 5...
  4. Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1S - Black Screen on boot, Icons missing and games taking too long to start.: My Xbox 1S was working fine yesterday, and this morning as I booted up and logged in, there was a sudden power cut in my whole area. This lasted for around 15 seconds, and the power switched back...
  5. Xbox BOOT up is really choppy and slow + games don't load due to taking long.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox BOOT up is really choppy and slow + games don't load due to taking long.: Hey guys/girls, hope someone can help me. My xbox's boot is super slow and my games take too long to load. I've tried everything! Can this be a hard drive failure issue or something else?...
  6. Xbox One takes too long to boot up and doesn't display anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One takes too long to boot up and doesn't display anything.: I've had my xbox for a long time, since it came out, and have never had any problems with it whatsoever. Then all of a sudden, it takes 5-10 min to even boot up, and once it does it goes to a...
  7. Long time loading boot FH3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Long time loading boot FH3: Hi,i have purchase Forza Horizon 3 from Microsoft Store,so why take long time (8 minutes) to load startup screen garage? ty GJ 1e17da3d-6e0f-4714-a08b-7e985a90b4cd
  8. Long boot up times

in XBoX on Consoles
    Long boot up times: Every time I turn the console time I'm waiting a good 3+ minutes for it to make it past the Xbox One logo screen. I've tried the hard reset method and deleting and re-downloading my gamertag etc...
  9. Xbox One takes way too long to boot up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One takes way too long to boot up: It's been a couple of weeks I haven't touched my Xbox One and I was in the mood of playing some Forza 6, so I turned on the power and my TV screen only started to show the sign-in screen until...
  10. Console takes a long time (5 minutes) to reach green boot up screen - stays there indefinitely

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console takes a long time (5 minutes) to reach green boot up screen - stays there indefinitely: I haven't turned on the console in a long time, just moved houses and decided to use it again. I turned it on and found it wasn't getting to the boot up screen - just black screen. Tried power...