Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

Discus and support Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have same problem here after the last xbox preview dashboard update. Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by L3V14TH4N, Mar 11, 2014.

  1. snakegtpr66
    snakegtpr66 Guest

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off


    I have same problem here after the last xbox preview dashboard update.
     
    snakegtpr66, Sep 26, 2014
    #31
  2. ^^ I too have this since the most recent Preview update, triggered by Forza 5 it seems.

    Before it happens I get stuck on the track loading screen. After this, if I return to the Home screen I can't launch apps or games, and powering off gets this pulsing light.

    Holding the power button on the console for 5 seconds ensures it properly powers down.

    Doesn't help cure the initial trigger of the problem however....

    I'd post in the Preview forum, but don't have access yet.
     
    FoxHounder 87, Sep 27, 2014
    #32
  3. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    Do any or all of you have external hard drives plugged in? I had not had this issue after the update fix, but after installing a 3TB hard drive, my system started taking a really long time to power down. It eventually DID, but still, took a while.
     
    Jaymo1978, Sep 27, 2014
    #33
  4. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    Not for me - no external storage device used.

    Seeing as the problem kicks off by Forza 5 locking up, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but that's definitely not solved it. If anything, I'm worse off now because the game is taking a lifetime to reinstall, and although I can start the game, 80% of career
    is unplayable because it's not yet installed.

    Massively frustrating......
     
    FoxHounder 87, Sep 28, 2014
    #34
  5. snakegtpr66
    snakegtpr66 Guest
    I have the same with Forza 5. uninstall/reinstall...and the same problem.
     
    snakegtpr66, Sep 28, 2014
    #35
  6. snakegtpr66
    snakegtpr66 Guest
    I tried with other game need for speed and the problem is the same. the screen loading and loading and nothing...
     
    snakegtpr66, Sep 28, 2014
    #36
  7. minee was triggered by forza 5 to. but it seems its only for one race if i try to load a track from the tune setup it works it just wont in the carrer. everyone has been saying its an update but mines been doing it for at least 5 hours now. is there anyway
    to see if there is a download happeneing when the xbox is on
     
    SPEEDINGPOMPANO, Sep 28, 2014
    #37
  8. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    Pompano, yes, if you go into My Games and Apps, if there is an update in the process of downloading and installing, it will show up in the third menu, "Queue." This shows anything in need of update, or in the process of downloading/installing one.
     
    Jaymo1978, Sep 28, 2014
    #38
  9. yeah theres nothing there when i turn it off. but its still flashing the light when its off
     
    SPEEDINGPOMPANO, Sep 28, 2014
    #39
  10. Shotgun Tiny
    Shotgun Tiny Guest
    Its nice to know that I am not the only one with this problem, I have been having problems with Forza 5 and my xbox not turning off. I was about to the console back to the shop. My kinect has stopped working for some reason even tho its plugged it and hasn't
    moved since xmas.

    If anyone could shed any light on the following problems it would be great.

    1. Forza 5 gets stuck on the track loading screen

    2. Xbox white light keeps on flashing after I turn the console off even tho I have nothing queued in my downloads.

    3. Kinect suddenly stopped working even tho its plugged in

    Many thanks

    Matt
     
    Shotgun Tiny, Sep 30, 2014
    #40
  11. kshaff83
    kshaff83 Guest
    I to have experienced this issue. I have also experienced no power at all. I have figured this out after power failure in my area. I have to unplug my brick, wait about 30 secs, then plug the brick in again.
     
    kshaff83, Nov 4, 2014
    #41
  12. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there kshaff83,

    Thanks for posting up what worked for you! If you have any Xbox Support related questions in the future, I would suggest to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing and any troubleshooting steps you've already tried. That way we can cater our
    support specifically to you. Thanks!
     
    Miss Diggz, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. Shotgun Tiny Win User

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    Its nice to know that I am not the only one with this problem, I have been having problems with Forza 5 and my xbox not turning off. I was about to the console back to the shop. My kinect has stopped working for some reason even tho its plugged it and hasn't
    moved since xmas.

    If anyone could shed any light on the following problems it would be great.

    1. Forza 5 gets stuck on the track loading screen

    2. Xbox white light keeps on flashing after I turn the console off even tho I have nothing queued in my downloads.

    3. Kinect suddenly stopped working even tho its plugged in

    Many thanks

    Matt
  14. SPEEDINGPOMPANO Win User

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    minee was triggered by forza 5 to. but it seems its only for one race if i try to load a track from the tune setup it works it just wont in the carrer. everyone has been saying its an update but mines been doing it for at least 5 hours now. is there anyway
    to see if there is a download happeneing when the xbox is on
  15. FoxHounder 87 Win User

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    ^^ I too have this since the most recent Preview update, triggered by Forza 5 it seems.

    Before it happens I get stuck on the track loading screen. After this, if I return to the Home screen I can't launch apps or games, and powering off gets this pulsing light.

    Holding the power button on the console for 5 seconds ensures it properly powers down.

    Doesn't help cure the initial trigger of the problem however....

    I'd post in the Preview forum, but don't have access yet.
  16. Jaymo1978 Win User

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    Can you check and verify what system version you are on? In the past, this was an issue in one of the updates, but it was resolved in the next month's release.

    When you hold the power light on the Xbox, how long do you hold it? When I had this issue before, I actually had to hold the light down for approximately 10 seconds (the light would continue to flash while holding it) and then it finally powered down. (This
    is basically a hard shut-down, but it's a bit disconcerting when the light continues to flash even though you're touching it.)

    Let me know!
  17. scla420rep Win User

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    I'm having this issue as well. I don't think its trying to download an update since I just installed an update when I turned the Xbox on. I noticed that while my xbox is flashing my controller stays on as well and I really don't like that.
Thema:

Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

Loading...
  1. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off - Similar Threads - light constantly flashing

  2. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  3. Xbox Ally X’s Armoury Crate lighting doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Ally X’s Armoury Crate lighting doesn’t work: When I check the Dynamic Lighting in Windows Settings, Armoury Crate’s is top priority. But I can’t control the joystick lighting in Armoury Crate. I can change the joystick lighting in the...
  4. xbox tune on then off with a flashing light

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox tune on then off with a flashing light: i have been on holiday an come but to find my xbox dose not work it tune on then off with a flashing light 80bb9311-5fcf-4a92-9bde-734abbd5a81d
  5. My Xbox Headphone is not shutting down and white light is continuously blinking, I have...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Headphone is not shutting down and white light is continuously blinking, I have...: My Xbox Headphone is not shutting down and white light is continuously blinking, I have tried various troubleshooting like resetting it pressing Power and Call button Simultaneously....
  6. How come the point lighting options disappeared from my vibrant visuals settings?(xbox...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come the point lighting options disappeared from my vibrant visuals settings?(xbox...: I specified what’s happening up top 6f1518c2-9756-46e6-ac58-21813bbd02ac
  7. Why is my xbox light flashing when on

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox light flashing when on: My xbox was flashing when turned on after restarting it and my controller disconnects for no reason some times the buttons won't work and it's say it's charging when it's not...
  8. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  9. Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?: Jutst tried to turn my xbox on and got nothing noticed the power brick has a constant orange light tried unplugging it for 10 seconds with same results what can i do?...
  10. Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on: Hello everyone. Got a problem here.. It's been a few weeks since my xbox one started to turn off by its own, so ok, I checked all the posts and videos on how to fix it, and sometimes it...