Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

Discus and support Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have noticed my apps lock out before this happens, which seems to happen every time I try and use twitch broadcasting (which fails every time)... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by L3V14TH4N, Mar 11, 2014.

1. L3V14TH4N
    L3V14TH4N Guest

I have noticed my apps lock out before this happens, which seems to happen every time I try and use twitch broadcasting (which fails every time)

:)

L3V14TH4N, Mar 11, 2014
  2. MisterFizzle
    MisterFizzle Guest
    Xbox 360 power brick won't cut off

Hey there Dart,

Hassassinade is correct, your console will sync cloud storage saves in a low power mode after you turn your console off.

It works similar to the background downloads and you'll see a
    Flashing green light on your Xbox console power button

MisterFizzle, Mar 11, 2014
  3. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest
    XBOX 360S is shutting off randomly (usually within 5 minutes of being turned on)

Hey there LONGINPCFL!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your console. Let's see what we can do to get things sorted for you.

I have some questions for you that will help us better understand the situation:

1. What style of Xbox 360 console do you have?
    2. How long has it been having the issue you're describing?
    3. When did you replace the power supply? Before or after the issue started?
    4. When the console is on and running, does it behave normally (aside from the 480p resolution)?
    5. The console turns itself on and off even when no one is touching it or any controllers?
    6. How many lights are flashing on your console?
    7. Which lights are flashing on your console?
    8. What color are the lights that are flashing on your console?
    9. What color is the light on your power supply?

Also, here's four different guides on flashing lights. Since I'm not sure what console you have and what lights are flashing, I'm going to link them all. Let us know if any of these apply to your situation:

Let us know and we'll work with you from there! ^_^

Mister Cerb, Mar 11, 2014
  4. Megatron63
    Megatron63 Guest

My Xbox One has the flashing light, too! It happened after the latest Xbox One update preview. What does it mean?

Megatron63, Mar 21, 2014
  5. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    I've had it too, only when not using Instant On. Had to hold the power button to shut it off.

pd730, Mar 24, 2014
  6. Bluntman Sk
    Bluntman Sk Guest
    I am getting this issue too !!! It happened after getting kicked out from all my game od not starting them

Bluntman Sk, Mar 26, 2014
  7. Quest MBL
    Quest MBL Guest
    Just started having this problem the other night it blinked all night until I cut the power the next morning. This needs to be fixed!!!!

Quest MBL, Apr 8, 2014
  8. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

My blink for few seconeds. How long it been blinking?

Dakrkplayer2, Apr 8, 2014
  9. Quest MBL
    Quest MBL Guest
    Something caused this problem with the last update. Hopefully they are aware of it and will fix it soon. Very annoying to cold reset your Xbox every time it happens. What makes this one especially annoying is not knowing if it is a legitimate update. If
    the blinking lasts more than an hour more than likely you have this problem.

Quest MBL, Apr 8, 2014
  10. Quest MBL
    Quest MBL Guest
    Still having issues with flashing Xbox symbol. Have to unplug every time it occurs

Quest MBL, Apr 12, 2014
  11. I had this problem, and my friend told me it was just my xbox installing updates. So I turned it on and let it blink when I went to bed. Woke up the next day and it was done. Haven't had the problem since. Just be patient. I guess sometimes it can take
    a while.

Sinister Eazy, Apr 13, 2014
  12. CWXLIVE
    CWXLIVE Guest
    it'd be nice if microsoft could post something on this thread to tell us where

they're at with this problem... microsoft. thats your cue

CWXLIVE, Apr 15, 2014
  13. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

Folks

This light flashes until the psu temp sensor reaches nominal. It's to protect it from overheating. Make sure it's well ventilated, needs to stand alone, nothing on top

M

BritGuy-48A9D340-3BF6-4248-B782-636DA30A854F, Apr 17, 2014
  14. Oredr0c
    Oredr0c Guest
    I powered mine on and tried to put a disc in. It didnt pull it all the way in and stopped working completely as if no power to the disk drive. I powered it down via the controller and experienced this blinking light situation and had to manually power it
    down. It was not warm since I just powered it on. Am I having 2 unrelated, oddly timed, problems here? Any advice?

Oredr0c, May 14, 2014
  15. Mine was doing the same thing. The light was flashing for maybe 15min. I took BritGuy's advice. All i had was my video game case sitting on the ventilation for my xbox. As soon as I took it off the light stop flashing.

donkeypunch9359, May 14, 2014
Thema:

1. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off - Similar Threads - light constantly flashing

2. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  3. I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been having screen tearing issues with my xbox series s while playing dying light 2 on...: I have a vizio smarttv model v405-G9 with an Xbox series s and the game In question is dying light 2 stay human reloaded edition When I play dying light 2 my screen keeps tearing every time I...
  4. Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller power and mode lights cycle flashing: I have an elite 2 controller less than 6 months old. I was playing a game that froze hard and required me to hard shut off my xbox and now the controller won't turn on but it's charge light...
  5. My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox power light is off, Should I worry or not?: I turned on my xbox and just reliazed that the power button is not on even though I didint touch the settings. I cleared the area as I just moved it from one from to another. [img]...
  6. When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise...: When I drop my Xbox series s on my bed lightly the inside of the Xbox makes a weird noise with this aswell when I go on my Xbox it gets hot quickly and the Xbox makes some sort of ticking noise....
  7. My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series X Power Button light seems to be going out: The light on the power button looks like it is burning out. I do not have night mode active or the custom dim set up. Is this just a matter of the led or is it indicative of a potentially bigger...
  8. Xbox light flashing after being off for hours

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox light flashing after being off for hours: I unplugged my Xbox series s to move it, a couple hours later I’m sitting down and the light just starts flashing out of nowhere. Does this also mean it’s checking for updates or is this something...
  9. Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?: Jutst tried to turn my xbox on and got nothing noticed the power brick has a constant orange light tried unplugging it for 10 seconds with same results what can i do?...
  10. Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on: Hello everyone. Got a problem here.. It's been a few weeks since my xbox one started to turn off by its own, so ok, I checked all the posts and videos on how to fix it, and sometimes it...