Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

Discus and support Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey mine did the same thing today after trying to power it down from the settings because my apps have been tripping im assuming it has to be some type... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by L3V14TH4N, Mar 11, 2014.

  1. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off


    Hey mine did the same thing today after trying to power it down from the settings because my apps have been tripping im assuming it has to be some type of patch mine took about 3 mins to complete maybe because of my internet connection but basically let
    it do its thing until it has stopped good day xbox family
     
    TangoTh3Truth, May 14, 2014
    #16
  2. Jester1x
    Jester1x Guest
    Mine is flashing the xbox symbol and the 3 red lights on the kinect turns on for a few seconds then turns off. Been doing it for over 5 minutes. I wanted to turn it off then back on because Titanfall is saying multiplayer is not available. Not sure if
    I should let it do its thing but just loose patience and hard turn it off. Wow as I'm typing this it finally turns completely off. Had to turn it back on using controller rather than voice though. Looks like it did a complete shutdown where it normally
    doesn't when I use voice command. I guess it was updating something. Seems like it should notify you so one wouldn't unplug it causing harm.
     
    Jester1x, Jun 4, 2014
    #17
  3. SlayerTank99
    SlayerTank99 Guest
    When the power light blinks constantly it means that the Xbox One is downloading a dashboard or service update.

    You can disable background downloads in settings.
     
    SlayerTank99, Jun 17, 2014
    #18
  4. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    If your Xbox One is turned off and the white Xbox logo on the front of the console pulses on and off, it means that the console is downloading a dashboard or service update.
     
    Doak is jewish, Jun 23, 2014
    #19
  5. Hey Everyone, I just had this same thing happen with me. This is how the chain of events happened.

    1. Turned my Xbox One on and tried to start up a video on the news page of the store, which didn't load.

    2. Returned to Home and tried to start a game, which didn't load.

    3. Turned off Xbox One with my controller.

    4. Screen went dark and the Xbox One console light began to flash, and the controller light stayed on.

    Now when this continued for 10 minutes I looked up this thread and started reading it. Whilst I was reading the console turned off. I do believe the Xbox One is just downloading updates and it may take some time. I would recommend leaving it to do this.

    Hope this helped.
     
    KnavishCrayfish, Jul 12, 2014
    #20
  6. I'm having the same problem, light continues to flashing and I have to manually turn off my tv. Also the console has stopped play Blu-ray Disc that it has always played just fine.
     
    brentong-8DC8204F-5C92-437C-A290-FEB1F58083EF, Jul 27, 2014
    #21
  7. TheRick73
    TheRick73 Guest
    Flashing White Light just started 45 minutes ago. If it is just a download, why can't I watch TV?

    Will Xbox respond to this issue?
     
    TheRick73, Jul 30, 2014
    #22
  8. scla420rep
    scla420rep Guest

    Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    I'm having this issue as well. I don't think its trying to download an update since I just installed an update when I turned the Xbox on. I noticed that while my xbox is flashing my controller stays on as well and I really don't like that.
     
    scla420rep, Aug 7, 2014
    #23
  9. Spartacus073
    Spartacus073 Guest
    I usually use instant on so I just had this happen for the first time last night. It took 20 minutes for the xbox to turn off after a Twitch crash. The other odd thing that I noticed is that the Kinect would turn on and off multiple times while it was
    blinking. Also, I used to actually shut it down and it didn't do this, it would take about 30 seconds then it was done so not a heat problem. I turned the Xbox One back on and played for a bit. I decided to turn the Xbox One off again to see if it did the
    flashing symbol again and it did. After waiting 20 minutes..again..I went to bed. Didn't have time to check it this morning so I will when I get home tonight.
     
    Spartacus073, Aug 8, 2014
    #24
  10. HAZZARDMAN
    HAZZARDMAN Guest
    This has been happening to me too sice the update, also my video aps will freeze after about 30 sec after starting a movie or a youtube vid and it shuts itself off...all after the last update..
     
    HAZZARDMAN, Aug 9, 2014
    #25
  11. KShellZ
    KShellZ Guest
    Just started happening to me. I just unplugged my Kinect and now everything is working fine.
     
    KShellZ, Aug 26, 2014
    #26
  12. MattieLu5
    MattieLu5 Guest
    Just happened to me. I shut it off while watching football on the ESPN app. It flashed for like 8 minutes before it finally shut itself off. But it didn't turn off the TV like it normally would. Don't know if it was doing an update or what...
     
    MattieLu5, Sep 8, 2014
    #27
  13. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

    Wow here we are almost a year later still having this problem and not one single chime in from Microsoft. My XBone booted to the screen asking if I wanted to turn off the console or the controller only it was frozen and wouldn't respond to the controller
    so I used my Harmony Remote to power it off about 30 minutes ago and it's been blinking non-responsive ever since. The light chimes when i touch it on the front of the XBone but doesn't actually turn the XBone on or off. Sure would be nice if Microsoft would
    add their two cents in this thread.
     
    Shafto3-C0F897D8-358B-472F-AC89-06FBEEA9777F, Sep 10, 2014
    #28
  14. Daniel Rayner, Sep 13, 2014
    #29
  15. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    Can you check and verify what system version you are on? In the past, this was an issue in one of the updates, but it was resolved in the next month's release.

    When you hold the power light on the Xbox, how long do you hold it? When I had this issue before, I actually had to hold the light down for approximately 10 seconds (the light would continue to flash while holding it) and then it finally powered down. (This
    is basically a hard shut-down, but it's a bit disconcerting when the light continues to flash even though you're touching it.)

    Let me know!
     
    Jaymo1978, Sep 13, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off

Loading...
  1. Xbox One light constantly flashing on console after turning off - Similar Threads - light constantly flashing

  2. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  3. Xbox Ally X’s Armoury Crate lighting doesn’t work

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Ally X’s Armoury Crate lighting doesn’t work: When I check the Dynamic Lighting in Windows Settings, Armoury Crate’s is top priority. But I can’t control the joystick lighting in Armoury Crate. I can change the joystick lighting in the...
  4. xbox tune on then off with a flashing light

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox tune on then off with a flashing light: i have been on holiday an come but to find my xbox dose not work it tune on then off with a flashing light 80bb9311-5fcf-4a92-9bde-734abbd5a81d
  5. My Xbox Headphone is not shutting down and white light is continuously blinking, I have...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Headphone is not shutting down and white light is continuously blinking, I have...: My Xbox Headphone is not shutting down and white light is continuously blinking, I have tried various troubleshooting like resetting it pressing Power and Call button Simultaneously....
  6. How come the point lighting options disappeared from my vibrant visuals settings?(xbox...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come the point lighting options disappeared from my vibrant visuals settings?(xbox...: I specified what’s happening up top 6f1518c2-9756-46e6-ac58-21813bbd02ac
  7. Why is my xbox light flashing when on

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox light flashing when on: My xbox was flashing when turned on after restarting it and my controller disconnects for no reason some times the buttons won't work and it's say it's charging when it's not...
  8. Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One elite controller constant blinking light and wont connect after disrupted...: was doing a controller firmware update when my controller disconnected from the charger causing the update to stop, leaving my Xbox home button flashing and controller unresponsive. Have changed...
  9. Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Power brick shows constant orange light. Is it a easy fix or time to replace?: Jutst tried to turn my xbox on and got nothing noticed the power brick has a constant orange light tried unplugging it for 10 seconds with same results what can i do?...
  10. Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one gets constant orange light, but wont turn on: Hello everyone. Got a problem here.. It's been a few weeks since my xbox one started to turn off by its own, so ok, I checked all the posts and videos on how to fix it, and sometimes it...