Xbox one license transfer not working

Discus and support Xbox one license transfer not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my friend and I have been license transferring for 2 years and he just bought destiny 2 and for some reason it says I don't have it. It's downloaded on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by killnsmile17, Sep 9, 2017.

1. killnsmile17
    killnsmile17 Guest

my friend and I have been license transferring for 2 years and he just bought destiny 2 and for some reason it says I don't have it. It's downloaded on my Xbox but I can't play it. Every time I try it says that my preorder was either refunded or cancelled.
    But my friend is able to play it no problem. We made sure that each other's account was their home Xbox and it still won't work. What should we do?

:)

killnsmile17, Sep 9, 2017
  2. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Downloading a Halo 4 armor skin from my friends console ?

Hello,

Sorry, this is not possible to do. The use of the license transfer system in this way is not prohibited. A license transfer cannot be used to transfer one piece of content from one console to another. It transfers all licenses from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox
    360, not from one Xbox LIVE account to another Xbox LIVE account.

HassanB, Sep 9, 2017
  3. Xbox license transfer not working

If you can't use the method suggested by Juan Van, give support a call and they can help you out.

spellweaver16, Sep 9, 2017
  4. Xbox one license transfer not working

License Transfer Is Used For Single Household Not Sharing To Friends Or Random People

ITSRATBOY2002, Sep 9, 2017
  5. Like ITSRATBOY2002 says, sharing games like that with your friend is against the terms of service for having an Xbox Live account. Worst case scenario you could both have your accounts banned for marketplace theft by the enforcement team, and developers
    and publishers are also free to take any action as per their own terms of service.

If your preorder was either refunded or cancelled, it's likely you either didn't have the funds available when they tried to debit your card, (funds are taken a few days before release, not when you make the pre-order) or your card had expired.

You'll need to purchase the game again.

Skeeter Quill, Sep 9, 2017
  6. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest
    Gamesharing is for your own household only.

It's not for sharing with friends.

CrazY1985, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Pandasaur cx Win User

will license transferred 360 games carry over to the xbox one's backward compatibility

License Transferring does what the name says, it transfers the licenses of games to a different console. Transferring 360 games will not work with Xbox One's BC, it will only work with the account that they was purchased with.
  8. Auswulf Win User

Xbox 360 downloaded games query...

Xbox 360 games won't work on the one that is true but a license transfer is still a license transfer and will more than likely cause licensing issues for the games on the sold 360 console.
  9. HassanB Win User

Downloading a Halo 4 armor skin from my friends console ?

Hello,

Sorry, this is not possible to do. The use of the license transfer system in this way is not prohibited. A license transfer cannot be used to transfer one piece of content from one console to another. It transfers all licenses from one Xbox 360 to another Xbox
    360, not from one Xbox LIVE account to another Xbox LIVE account.
  10. Fear2Eternity Win User

One Game Two Xbox Ones

Hey, there is a licensed transfer but im not familiar with how it works in xbox one, you should look into it.
  11. jcr442 Win User

downloaded content

Ok but this what it says at the support site

"Transfer content licenses

You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

Go to the Settings, and then select Account.

Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.

Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.

After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.

this last sentence says any profile can use the content as long as you did a " transfer content licenses' i did and license transfer and the DLC does not work
Thema:

1. Xbox one license transfer not working - Similar Threads - license transfer working

2. Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are pdp controllers officially licensed products?: Are pdp controllers officially licensed products? 8c5edc32-ea34-47c3-9d5d-8d0d4514a68d
  3. Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Licenses for multiplayer in minecraft education: Dear I want to buy additional licenses for my club to organize a multiplayer session. I read about common cloud based platform for these licenses to be able to go into the same server. But i...
  4. Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer purchase license from one account to another?: 4 years ago my dad bought a game (Sea of Thieves) for me because I was a minor. However, the game can only be downloaded using his account. Even though my game progress is saved under my Xbox...
  5. Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java Edition on PC now saying "missing license": I migrated my mojang account years ago to MS and had a valid license for Minecraft Java Edition and was playing without any issue. Since some months now it is saying that i dont have a license for...
  6. When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are more licensed Activision games backwards compatible?: games such as Madagascar kartz, Shrek super slam, and more da2a213f-5693-4d29-848c-80009806c5ed
  7. Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of DLC and licenses from Xbox 360 to Xbox Series X: We upgraded our Xbox 360 to an Xbox Series X (new home Xbox). All profiles and cloud saved games ported fine. However, I don't know how to get our past downloaded content purchases (shown in the...
  8. Minecraft License lost after migration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft License lost after migration: Hi, Today i found out that there was some kind of migration from mojang to microsoft. Sadly my license was not transfered. So I would like to know how i can get my licence back to play Minecraft...
  9. How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to transfer license from broken Xbox 360 to Xbox 360 e?: My original 360 finally broke (too many capacitors blew) and now I'm trying to transfer all my games and their licenses to my replacement (Xbox 360 e). However when I plug in my adaptor for the...
  10. Can I transfer a game license to a friend?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I transfer a game license to a friend?: I have a game on my Xbox one S that I want to play with a friend, although, he doesn't has the same game and neither how to afford it. Is there a way that we both play the same game by me...