XBOX ONE latency test

Discus and support XBOX ONE latency test in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bt fibre optic, 80Mg down,2Mg up ,165ms latency. The xbox forums recommend a maximum of 150ms latency for "an enjoyable XBL experience" The problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TheDjOfChoice, Jan 2, 2014.

1. XBOX ONE latency test

Bt fibre optic, 80Mg down,2Mg up ,165ms latency.

The xbox forums recommend a maximum of 150ms latency for "an enjoyable XBL experience"

The problem is with anyone not in America all have horrible pings as the servers on the dashboard network test are on the pacific west coast of U.S

When you do a speedtest & select a server in that area & not close to home in browser you get similarly high ping to what the dash test gives you

I don't know if this will cause game servers to lag, if game servers have to all reference the M.S servers & that's sent to us then it could be way more than the tenth of a second they already say

But I don't expect it to get any better that quick, I reckon MS were planning on getting a bigger share of the market than they did with this new gen & plans would have been based on their projections, now they only have half what their main competitor sold
    I reckon things will be cut back for any quick developments

:)

TheDjOfChoice, Jan 2, 2014
  2. 1-Bad-Mutha
    1-Bad-Mutha Guest
    Dedicated servers? Then why the lag and connection advantages?

You know I just did my first ever test with the Xbox one. Even though I'm paying for comcasts higher speed, my latency is shit. Completely different than when I run the tests on the PC. (5xs slower) Anyone know why the Xbox one latency is so much worse than the my pc's. It won't matter if it's on a dedicated server if I have high latency. Just confused whether its a comcast issue or ms issue.

1-Bad-Mutha, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Bryan GTR PR
    Bryan GTR PR Guest
    make a xbox one speed test

i think is a good idea make a xbox one speed test

to test your full network speed over the xbox one

latency ,judder ping and pakage lost

and signal stavility

Bryan GTR PR, Jan 2, 2014
  4. XBOX ONE latency test

i love this feature BTW

30DL 5UP 49ping

Upinya Slayin, Jan 2, 2014
  5. FTM99
    FTM99 Guest
    20 down

5 up

76 ping

In PA /USA

FTM99, Jan 2, 2014
  6. Download: 33Mbps

Upload: 4Mbps

Latency: 39ms

Whittier, Ca

TangentialShark, Jan 2, 2014
  7. U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Jan 2, 2014
  8. CornBeeflt
    CornBeeflt Guest

XBOX ONE latency test

Down 24.68

up6 6.01

latency 102

thats wired and when wireless its 104. Now during a game llike cod im suspecting its more like 150-300ms. MS promised us alot and fail on more. Looking to trade in for a ps4. The promise of 300000 servers is a lie. Many of which is not online. Check
    the server page. It always says some xbl functions may not be functioning.

All other devices connect at same up and down speeds but 14ms latency to servers in redmond washington. MS is just garbage. So sick of it. Shoulda kept my 360.

CornBeeflt, Jan 4, 2014
  9. CornBeeflt
    CornBeeflt Guest
    Exactly. Xbox one has a high latency built in. Its poor programming at its finest. 360 for me was 50-75. Xone is 100-125. Both wired. All other devices ping at 14ms to similarly distanced servers. Ms just isnt taking care of there people.

CornBeeflt, Jan 4, 2014
  10. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Tested it out today and earlier this week and it's around 180ms latency/ping. When Xbox 1 first came out it was over 200 (highest was about 260). They must be bringing in more servers, while, at least closer to Australia and New Zealand instead of us always
    having to connect to the US servers. Heard they're bringing 2 data centres to Australia which should drop the ping/latency MUCH more for us in Australia and New Zealand. It's not entirely our ISP's fault, it's where Microsoft "puts" the Xbox Live servers.

smileskybird, Jan 4, 2014
  11. 16.85 Down

10.67 Up

0% Down Loss

2% Up Loss

Latency 96

Wireless strength 87%

All this with another 360 online playing Black Ops 2 Zombies online and two Laptops connected. Also in central Florida. Not bad considering the circmstances. Also, one of two laptops playing a MMO in the background.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 4, 2014
  12. DRZ48
    DRZ48 Guest
    20D 3 U 70 MS time warner

DRZ48, Jan 4, 2014
  13. SC0TTY7777
    SC0TTY7777 Guest

XBOX ONE latency test

16meg down 1 meg up and 6 ping don't use the test on xbox very useless test as it connects to a USA server,to be fair I don't want to play people in other country's,only people in uk.

SC0TTY7777, Jan 5, 2014
  14. 45 d 35 up latency 76-77 ms new jersey verizon fios

Rayden F. Germosen, Jan 5, 2014
  15. CornBeeflt
    CornBeeflt Guest
    28 down 6 up 125ms latency, using comcast cable internet, from pa to redmond, Washington. Other devices ping way lower to servers in europe. MS is west coast orientated.

CornBeeflt, Jan 5, 2014
Thema:

XBOX ONE latency test

1. XBOX ONE latency test - Similar Threads - latency test

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't activate low latency mode on my Xbox Series S: this setting is disabled for me, and I can't find anyone with the same problem as mine my monitor is an lg ultragear 144hz and i use an hdmi 2.1 cable ***moving this thread to en-us because the...
  4. Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Download speed is 1016mbps and upload speed is 105 Mbps. However my latency is 102ms. My...: I tried alternate port selection. Nothing seems to improve it. 36611448-3944-4cb1-872d-53a02a4ea9d3
  5. So I played around to try get my latency lower but now this.

in XBoX on Consoles
    So I played around to try get my latency lower but now this.: Hi sorry if this has been asked before. I've recently been really fed up with the latency of 180ms within games while having 300Mb/s download. So I played around and tried the options that some...
  6. HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY

in XBoX on Consoles
    HIGH LATENCY WAS 173 BUT I CAN'T GET PASSED 148 MS ITS DRIVE ME CRAZY: Hi people GAZ HERE CAN ANY ONE please help or forward the bad news ...and I'll have to try start dealing with it...I know I'm not going to have xbox 1 run the same as xbox x. ..... as I have had...
  7. My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My latency is extremely high in I’m trying to fix it: I’m trying to get my latency to drop bro it’s not working for some reason f121275a-60c0-4280-91ae-a514021a76a1
  8. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  9. Very high latency can u please help me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Very high latency can u please help me: have very hi latency on Xbox series s I ran a network test on test network speed & statistics and I’m getting a latency of 202 I believe that is causing me delay and lag on nba 2k24 can u please...
  10. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f