XBOX ONE KINECT starts to lag after 10 seconds of running fine

Discus and support XBOX ONE KINECT starts to lag after 10 seconds of running fine in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been using the Xbox One Kinect with my PC for years. All of a sudden when I activate the connect studio v 2.0 software it will start up fine... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by todd sylvia, May 29, 2023.

1. todd sylvia
    todd sylvia Guest

I have been using the Xbox One Kinect with my PC for years. All of a sudden when I activate the connect studio v 2.0 software it will start up fine then after about 10 seconds the 3D graphics on it will dramatically start to lag to the point where there is about a 3 second lag between what the person is doing in front of it and what appears on the screen. It does not seem to affect the 2D mode as much. This has never happened before and I tried it with several Xbox One Kinects in the same thing happened each time. I noticed that on my PC some app appeared called Intel graphics command center about the time this started to occur. I uninstalled this app and it had no effect on the issue. Did a recent update or something along those lines cause a setting or something to change that I can adjust so my Xbox One Kinect will go back to working properly. This is a serious problem for me because I cannot have a 3 second lag and I am totally clueless as to why the software starts off working fine and then it's as if the system dials down the graphics by itself but no apparent reason. I don't have any other apps running, I don't have any other things in the software running, I have the Wi-Fi off the Bluetooth off everything off so the processor should just be working for the Kinect itself. I have power modes on high performance both for the Kinect studio v 2.0 and the system itself, there is tons of memory free more than enough for the kinect to use and almost all of the PCs ram dedicated to running this system. In 3 years of using this device with my PC I have never had this issue and have no clue why this is appearing out of absolute nowhere. If anyone could help me I would be eternally grateful.

:)

todd sylvia, May 29, 2023
  2. todd sylvia Win User

Thank you for the reply. The pc i use is only for the xbox one kinect. I dont go online with it and have all that stuff disabled on it as a result. I dont download anything in anything that's not related to using the Kinect has been removed from the PC so it's not to interfere with it. I'll start off programs have been turned off in all of the battery and performance for the processor has been cranked up to high performance. This is what so baffling about the whole situation. I allowed one update on Windows and all of a sudden this Intel graphics command center appears and everything gets screwed up on the device.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello todd sylvia,

Disable any antivirus programs, firewalls, VPNs, or other software that may interfere with the installation process.

Scan your PC for any corrupted files or malware and repair them using the System File Checker tool or a trusted antivirus program. You can also update your drivers and firmware for your PC and controller using the Device Manager or the manufacturer's website.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

If this still doesn't work, try creating a new Windows User and see if it will still behave the same way on this new environment.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support
  4. CarTzy Win User

5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Have you tried reporting this bug to Intel? It sounds like whatever the update changed is affecting their software, and if they can replicate what happened to you, perhaps they at the very least can inform Microsoft how to fix it

I'm personally really motivated to help you fix this because I love to connect and it's an amazing tool, And I guess I was in the minority who enjoyed using it
  6. todd sylvia Win User

Thank You very much for the suggestions. I tried all of those steps and none of them corrected the issue. I'm at a complete loss as to what could be causing this I have tried just about everything I could possibly think of and nothing is working. If you or anyone else has any other suggestions I'm open to try whatever I can to correct this issue because it's maddening that this just came out of no way and I have no way to fix it.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE KINECT starts to lag after 10 seconds of running fine - Similar Threads - KINECT starts lag

2. Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart.

in XboX Insiders
    Kinect commands don’t register for around 30sec from cold start or a restart.: When switching my Xbox on I’ve noticed that the Xbox doesn’t register Kinect commands for around 30sec after a restart or a cold start. After short time it starts registering commands and working...
  3. Kinect Sports Season 2: Unable to start game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect Sports Season 2: Unable to start game: Hi, I recently bought a used xbox360 in good shape. Games that I got works apart from Kinect Sports Season 2. The game launches and all is well until I am asked where to store my game data. I...
  4. Kinect could not start

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect could not start: [img] Kinect could not start. d6a63aae-0532-4190-a1bf-a97d273bd1e8
  5. Kinect continually needs hard shutdown to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect continually needs hard shutdown to start: My Kinect won't start with the system, which in turn kills my voice commands for turning the system on and off, or anything else in between. I will do a hard shutdown on the system and Kinect...
  6. Xbox One streaming wont start "Kinect issue"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One streaming wont start "Kinect issue": Hi all, Sometimes I do have the issue when I try to start streaming my xbox one from the xbox app on windows 10 I do receive the following error message: Kinect-Spiele können nicht gestreamt...
  7. kinect does not start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect does not start up: After the latest update my kinect does not start while xbox is in quick start mode. i have to do a hard reset evertime to get it to turn on. any solutions or is xbox working on a fix?...
  8. kinect infrared turns off when ever i start a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect infrared turns off when ever i start a game: Hi guys . my kinect sensor turns off infrared when ever i start a new game. even though the kinect remains on. i think this is what would be disabling my chat/game audio balance on my chatpad....
  9. No options to ''start'' kinect on My x1.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No options to ''start'' kinect on My x1.: Hello. I checked evrywhere but i cannot find an answer. My kinect did not work so i tried to install it but when im lookin on ''Kinect menus'' there is no options to ''start kinect"". So what...
  10. Kinect keeps turning off or won't start after last update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect keeps turning off or won't start after last update: Hi All, For some reason after the last Xbox One update my Kinect will not turn on automatically all the time. I have to go through and power off completely and reset the Kinect to get it to work....