xbox One Kinect error even when not physically connected

Discus and support xbox One Kinect error even when not physically connected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My daughter was using the Kinect just fine. We updated out software, and now Kinect won’t work at all. There is an error on the console that showed up... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chris A916, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Chris A916
    Chris A916 Guest

My daughter was using the Kinect just fine. We updated out software, and now Kinect won’t work at all. There is an error on the console that showed up and won’t go away even when hard restarted, disconnected, factory reset console.

I even borrowed a friend’s console, without ever attaching a Kinect, the same error was on the screen.

We have the newest OS and Shell versions.

xbox One Kinect error even when not physically connected [​IMG]

xbox One Kinect error even when not physically connected [​IMG]

:)

Chris A916, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Chris A916,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

I would like to confirm first that we get the exact picture of the issue. On your Xbox One console, after an update, the Kinect stopped working and only shows the error "Plug in your Kinect" even if it is already connected. However, on your friend's console, same error appears even if the Kinect is not yet connected and also when already connected, correct?

When you were doing the update on your console, was the Kinect connected? If not, kindly try checking for updates again with the Kinect connected.

If still the issue persists, kindly try resetting the connection between the console and Kinect by doing these steps:

1: Press and hold the Power button of the console until it turns off.

2: Disconnect the console from the power source and disconnect the Kinect also from the console.

3: After around 10 seconds, plug the console to its power source then turn it on.

4: Press the Menu button of the controller then go to Settings > Kinect.

5: Connect the Kinect back to the console. Make sure the connections are properly seated then wait for a few seconds and see if the Kinect is now detected.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  3. Chris A916 Win User

Hello Marrion,

We played the Xbox one night with the Kinect for a new game my daughter got for Christmas. The next day my son got a new game that required the update. When my daughter tried her game again, there was the Kinect error.

I contacted live support, and they had no clue how to proceed. They suggested that the reach out to the community.

Thanks for trying,

Chris
  4. Chris A916 Win User

Hello Marrion,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried that several times and still have the issue. In addition to what you stated, I still received the error saying there is a problem with Kinect when booting up with the Kinect not even connected. It is like the machine thinks it is connected even though it is unplugged. Again, this only happened right after I updated to OS 10.0.22621.2864

Shell Version 2211.02211.28001

Thank you,

Chris
  5. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Chris A916,

Thank you for the response and I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists. The OS update 10.0.22621.2864 was released last 12/6/2022. See: What's new: Xbox system updates | Xbox Support for details. Please provide feedback on this to the Temam Xbox. See: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support for details. You may also contact our live support for further assistance through these steps below:

1. Go to: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)
    3. If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.
    4. Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.
    5. Click Contact us
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.
    8. On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
    If still you are unable to reach our live support through those steps above, go back to this page: Contact us | Xbox Support then select the Ask a question option under Try our virtual agent section and enter this exact phrase: Talk to an agent.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  6. DaGerz_ Win User

360 Kinect or Microphone doesnt working correctly

Thanks for reply to my problem.

Well, what happens is that I can not talk even with the Kinect connected, I do not understand why and yes, it is random when he lets me speak, one of the things that I find more rare is that in the Xbox Live Party I appear that I have a microphone connected even when I have the Kinect disconnected, and I have never received error messages about this, I already tried many things and I do not know what to do.
Thema:

1. xbox One Kinect error even when not physically connected - Similar Threads - Kinect error physically

2. Xbox360 system update done - Kinect Sensor no longer works and showing Error Code C00000C2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 system update done - Kinect Sensor no longer works and showing Error Code C00000C2: We performed the latest Xbox360 system update here in June 2020, and after updating, our Kinect Sensor is no longer working and showing Error code C00000C2. Any attempt to troubleshoot it by...
  3. Mensagem de erro "SENSOR KINECT NÃO TEM ENERGIA SUFICIENTE".[Translation-Error message...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mensagem de erro "SENSOR KINECT NÃO TEM ENERGIA SUFICIENTE".[Translation-Error message...: Boa tarde. Como proceder para o Kinect do Xbox 360, funcionar normalmente, sendo que esta tudo ligado. Esta apresentando a mensagem de erro. "SENSOR KINECT NÃO TEM ENERGIA SUFICIENTE". Desde...
  4. I cannot buy Kinect Sports Rivals DLCs ever again due to an error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot buy Kinect Sports Rivals DLCs ever again due to an error.: [img] Based on the outcome, I cannot buy DLCs for Kinect Sports Rivals anymore. Everytime I try to accept the purchase, the Microsoft Store is intentionally refusing to take it because it knows I...
  5. ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !: I have an XB1 X and XB1 S with kinect and after the update of 7/08/2019 10.0.18362.5047 when i turn on my 2 xbox they dont turn on the kinect. I have to everytime : --------------------------...
  6. How fix the error 0xA00F424F in Camera app when using kinect to take a photo?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How fix the error 0xA00F424F in Camera app when using kinect to take a photo?: Please please solve this big problem, because I can not take a photo using the kinect in Xbox ONE. 02fa34bf-4a7e-4203-b8a7-6cb95551f1d5
  7. Kinect PlayFit app error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect PlayFit app error: So I have recently downloaded the Kinect PlayFit app on Sunday, 7 May 2017. I have been recieving this error everytime I open this app: Sorry, PlayFit calorie retrevial is not avalible right now....
  8. Xbox one Kinect Sports Rivals 87E0000F error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Kinect Sports Rivals 87E0000F error: I purchased Kinect Sports Rivals from store a few days ago. I'm trying to install it but Installation stops with 87E0000F error after 1.05 gb of game data downloaded. *I have followed all the...
  9. error kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    error kinect: Hi, i have a xbox 360 old model, just got today a pre-owned kinect with adapter. Plug everything, kinect flashing green light, the console notify me an update for kinect. I start the update but...
  10. Kinect sensor insufficient power error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect sensor insufficient power error: Hi, I'm setting up my xbox 360. It's run updates and is saying calibrate kinect audio but when I select I get an error saying there's insufficient power to the sensor but it's all plugged in and...