Xbox One keeps write protecting my flashdrives

Discus and support Xbox One keeps write protecting my flashdrives in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Now, I'm not sure if it's the xbox one or the media player app but this is a real big issue for me. Had the completely throw away a flashdrive because... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Artivex, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Artivex
    Artivex Guest

Now, I'm not sure if it's the xbox one or the media player app but this is a real big issue for me. Had the completely throw away a flashdrive because of this, and before anyone says a thing yes, we tried evey method we could find to get the write protection
    off. I don't want to know how to take write protect off the flashdrive, I need to know how to keep it from getting put on there in the first place. Why is this being put on without my permission? Is there a way to change settings maybe to make it so this doesn't
    happen again? Wouldn't think trying to listen to music would cause such a big problem.

:)

Artivex, Jan 3, 2016
  2. Flashdrive write protected

When you see the error message "write protected", means that you can read but you cannot write. If this error occurs you must log on at your PC as administrator, find the device in My Computer, then right click it, select properties, on the security tab
    you will see a list of names; users that have allow or deny permission set on your device.

Select Edit, If you see your username in the list click on it.

If your username is not on the list click the add button and add it.

You will see under the list of username a list of permissions, on the allow side click full control, then Apply / Ok.

You should now be able to read and write as you have full control over the device.

DangerousBard, Jan 3, 2016
  3. GRAYWOLF1714
    GRAYWOLF1714 Guest
    Flashdrive write protected

My usb gave me a write-protection screen trying to access it from the settings menu. I realized that it was not showing up on one of the device selection when loading a game so I went to see if it was lose or something then I saw it wasn't formatted or something
    so I just selected it and it said to make sure that it wasn't write protected. I find it really weird that it said that since I have not removed that usb from my 360 for over half a year. I would like to be able to re-format it or something to be able to use
    it again though it would be a shame to lose all my saves for some of my games but I want to be able to use my usb again since I dont have the money for another 32GB flash drive

GRAYWOLF1714, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Rennat1992
    Rennat1992 Guest

When you see the error message "write protected", means that you can read but you cannot write. If this error occurs you must log on at your PC as administrator, find the device in My Computer, then right click it, select properties, on the security tab
    you will see a list of names; users that have allow or deny permission set on your device.

You will see under the list of username a list of permissions, on the allow side click full control, then Apply / Ok.

You should now be able to read and write as you have full control over the device.

Rennat1992, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Artivex
    Artivex Guest
    Okay, so either this is a bot or you didn't read the post. I don't want to know how to make it so i can mess with a write protected flashdrive. I want to know how to keep it from becoming write protected

Artivex, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Artivex Win User

Okay, so either this is a bot or you didn't read the post. I don't want to know how to make it so i can mess with a write protected flashdrive. I want to know how to keep it from becoming write protected
  7. Rennat1992 Win User

8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, GRAYWOLF1714! This thread is over a year old. If the above troubleshooting doesn't help you out, please create a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already completed. This way we can get you the individual
    support that works best on the forums. :)
  9. DangerousBard Win User

10. BuffaloScat Win User

when i do that i dont see a security tab its only general , tools hardware, sharing readyboost and customize
Thema:

1. Xbox One keeps write protecting my flashdrives - Similar Threads - keeps write protecting

2. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  3. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  4. So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570: I just don't know what to do and it just said this error code 0x80070570 while it was trying to update and its a used refurbished console so it doesn't have like any accounts on it or my account...
  5. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  6. YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    YouTube keeps restarting my Xbox series s. How can I fix this?: So about 3-4 days ago I came home and turned on my Xbox and went to YouTube. A few seconds after just launching the app, my Xbox shut down. I tried it a few times, soft reset my Xbox, and...
  7. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  8. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  9. Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft don't answer the phone or keep hanging up: Why don't Microsoft answer the phone or keep hanging up 8f537fc1-738c-4354-b32c-dc809e86171c
  10. cant play gears of war online keep telling me write a forum

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant play gears of war online keep telling me write a forum: Cant play gears of online for 2 weeks no. Keep telling me to write to Bigelowe a forum that doesnt reply or fix the problem. Ganertag Location Bronx NY Console Xbox one...