Xbox One keeps write protecting my flashdrives

Discus and support Xbox One keeps write protecting my flashdrives in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Now, I'm not sure if it's the xbox one or the media player app but this is a real big issue for me. Had the completely throw away a flashdrive because... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Artivex, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Artivex
    Artivex Guest

Now, I'm not sure if it's the xbox one or the media player app but this is a real big issue for me. Had the completely throw away a flashdrive because of this, and before anyone says a thing yes, we tried evey method we could find to get the write protection
    off. I don't want to know how to take write protect off the flashdrive, I need to know how to keep it from getting put on there in the first place. Why is this being put on without my permission? Is there a way to change settings maybe to make it so this doesn't
    happen again? Wouldn't think trying to listen to music would cause such a big problem.

:)

Artivex, Jan 3, 2016
  2. Flashdrive write protected

When you see the error message "write protected", means that you can read but you cannot write. If this error occurs you must log on at your PC as administrator, find the device in My Computer, then right click it, select properties, on the security tab
    you will see a list of names; users that have allow or deny permission set on your device.

Select Edit, If you see your username in the list click on it.

If your username is not on the list click the add button and add it.

You will see under the list of username a list of permissions, on the allow side click full control, then Apply / Ok.

You should now be able to read and write as you have full control over the device.

DangerousBard, Jan 3, 2016
  3. GRAYWOLF1714
    GRAYWOLF1714 Guest
    Flashdrive write protected

My usb gave me a write-protection screen trying to access it from the settings menu. I realized that it was not showing up on one of the device selection when loading a game so I went to see if it was lose or something then I saw it wasn't formatted or something
    so I just selected it and it said to make sure that it wasn't write protected. I find it really weird that it said that since I have not removed that usb from my 360 for over half a year. I would like to be able to re-format it or something to be able to use
    it again though it would be a shame to lose all my saves for some of my games but I want to be able to use my usb again since I dont have the money for another 32GB flash drive

GRAYWOLF1714, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Rennat1992
    Rennat1992 Guest

When you see the error message "write protected", means that you can read but you cannot write. If this error occurs you must log on at your PC as administrator, find the device in My Computer, then right click it, select properties, on the security tab
    you will see a list of names; users that have allow or deny permission set on your device.

You will see under the list of username a list of permissions, on the allow side click full control, then Apply / Ok.

You should now be able to read and write as you have full control over the device.

Rennat1992, Jan 3, 2016
  5. Artivex
    Artivex Guest
    Okay, so either this is a bot or you didn't read the post. I don't want to know how to make it so i can mess with a write protected flashdrive. I want to know how to keep it from becoming write protected

Artivex, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Artivex Win User

Okay, so either this is a bot or you didn't read the post. I don't want to know how to make it so i can mess with a write protected flashdrive. I want to know how to keep it from becoming write protected
  7. Rennat1992 Win User

8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, GRAYWOLF1714! This thread is over a year old. If the above troubleshooting doesn't help you out, please create a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've already completed. This way we can get you the individual
    support that works best on the forums. :)
  9. DangerousBard Win User

10. BuffaloScat Win User

when i do that i dont see a security tab its only general , tools hardware, sharing readyboost and customize
Thema:

1. Xbox One keeps write protecting my flashdrives - Similar Threads - keeps write protecting

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?: My xbox series s after being turned off starts to flash not connect to my tv and my controller stays on does anyone have a clue as to what's happening? submitted by /u/Riley6081 [link] [comments]
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  7. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  8. I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D: I keep receiving the system error E102 00000C01 8007045D 33d17f4b-f468-4c7a-bc31-2531e78a8289
  9. I keep getting disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting disconnected: Whenever I play any game solo , online or offline , even if I am in an Xbox party chat with friends , after playing the game for about an hour I am disconnected from the Xbox network, this never...
  10. cant play gears of war online keep telling me write a forum

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant play gears of war online keep telling me write a forum: Cant play gears of online for 2 weeks no. Keep telling me to write to Bigelowe a forum that doesnt reply or fix the problem. Ganertag Location Bronx NY Console Xbox one...