Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI

Discus and support Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Topic says it I keep putting it back to 5.1 Uncompressed but days later ti reverts back to Stereo. I tried DTS 5.1 and same thing it will revert... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XxX KERNAL XxX, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI

Topic says it

I keep putting it back to 5.1 Uncompressed but days later ti reverts back to Stereo. I tried DTS 5.1 and same thing it will revert back days later, randomly. Just started doing this this paste week

:)

XxX KERNAL XxX, Jan 3, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    XBOX ONE Audio with HDMI-DVI hookup to monitor

You mean the headset adapter for the controller?

The adapter currently supports stereo audio. You'll get all the same sounds that the Xbox One puts over HDMI, just in a stereo format (no 5.1).

IceStorm III, Jan 3, 2014
  3. tombroderick
    tombroderick Guest
    Solitaire Collection scores not totaling past 29,000.

I should have over 38,000 points but score keeps reverting back to 29,000 each time it passes 30,000.

tombroderick, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI

Mine was reverting back to 7.1.... when should be on 5.1. It has since stopped , know Idea why.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 3, 2014
  5. T1ck3tR1ppa
    T1ck3tR1ppa Guest
    I am having the exact same issue 5.2 and/or 7.1 randomly reverting to stereo. Any idea for a fix?

T1ck3tR1ppa, Jan 9, 2014
  6. None that I know of on our end. MS announced X1 updates soon, hopefully this issue and others will be addressed.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 9, 2014
  7. No further comments? Since the latest update it has been happening more often

XxX KERNAL XxX, Mar 18, 2014
  8. Koop10010
    Koop10010 Guest

Is HDMI set to auto-detect? If so, try turning that off.

Koop10010, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Koop10010 Win User

Is HDMI set to auto-detect? If so, try turning that off.
  10. XxX KERNAL XxX Win User

No further comments? Since the latest update it has been happening more often
  11. T1ck3tR1ppa Win User

I am having the exact same issue 5.2 and/or 7.1 randomly reverting to stereo. Any idea for a fix?
  12. PrimitiveMeat Win User

None that I know of on our end. MS announced X1 updates soon, hopefully this issue and others will be addressed.
  13. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Mine was reverting back to 7.1.... when should be on 5.1. It has since stopped , know Idea why.
Thema:

1. Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI - Similar Threads - keeps randomly reverting

2. my game keeps stopping all the time randomly wen I'm playing football

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game keeps stopping all the time randomly wen I'm playing football: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 97acc023-c9ec-4fb9-a93a-cb9492680292
  3. Elite controller 2 keeps randomly switching off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller 2 keeps randomly switching off: It's been happening for a couple of months. Every other time I play (on Xbox or PC), it randomly turns itself off midgame. The controller is fully charged and the game I play is not the same each...
  4. My Xbox x keeps randomly turning itself on.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox x keeps randomly turning itself on.: After I’ve powered it off it seems to do a mini update, controller vibrates for a second or two. I’m trying to save energy and my Xbox isn’t, powers on the TV as well..Any solutions to this?...
  5. Windows 11 capture feature keeps randomly recording the wrong screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 capture feature keeps randomly recording the wrong screen: Why does my windows 11 capture feature keep recording the wrong tab? for example, i could be playing a random full screen game like roblox, and when i check the recording i was trying to capture...
  6. Xbox wireless controller on PC keeps pressing random buttons via bluetooth (left bumper)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless controller on PC keeps pressing random buttons via bluetooth (left bumper): My controller when connected to my PC via Bluetooth, always keeps pressing to the right, even tho i'm not pressing anything (sometimes it also presses down/up). The Problems seems to be with the...
  7. Basically, my Forza Motorsport 7 Multiplayer keeps crashing randomly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Basically, my Forza Motorsport 7 Multiplayer keeps crashing randomly: I encountered this issue and i found out that all of my friends have the same problem. Multiplayer crashes randomly. We are on PC, how can we fix it? 3183eadd-8a3d-4f89-80a6-3a6d4766f213
  8. Xbox keeps randomly disconnecting from Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps randomly disconnecting from Xbox live: When I’m playing games online by myself or with my friends in a party, it will randomly kick me from the game and the party if I’m in one. This only happens while playing online games. Is there a...
  9. downloading world in realm is keep getting stuck at random sometimes it is stuck at 20...

in XBoX Accessibility
    downloading world in realm is keep getting stuck at random sometimes it is stuck at 20...: downloading world in realm is keep getting stuck at random sometimes it is stuck at 20 sometimes 70 but i cant fully download it i almost download the world at 311 mb [img]...
  10. Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes.: Xbox one app keeps uninstalling itself after few randomly minutes. When going to setting\general option I notice the app is missing Xbox Game bar and seem like it cant install it....