Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI

Discus and support Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Topic says it I keep putting it back to 5.1 Uncompressed but days later ti reverts back to Stereo. I tried DTS 5.1 and same thing it will revert... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XxX KERNAL XxX, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI

Topic says it

I keep putting it back to 5.1 Uncompressed but days later ti reverts back to Stereo. I tried DTS 5.1 and same thing it will revert back days later, randomly. Just started doing this this paste week

:)

XxX KERNAL XxX, Jan 3, 2014
  2. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    XBOX ONE Audio with HDMI-DVI hookup to monitor

You mean the headset adapter for the controller?

The adapter currently supports stereo audio. You'll get all the same sounds that the Xbox One puts over HDMI, just in a stereo format (no 5.1).

IceStorm III, Jan 3, 2014
  3. tombroderick
    tombroderick Guest
    Solitaire Collection scores not totaling past 29,000.

I should have over 38,000 points but score keeps reverting back to 29,000 each time it passes 30,000.

tombroderick, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI

Mine was reverting back to 7.1.... when should be on 5.1. It has since stopped , know Idea why.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 3, 2014
  5. T1ck3tR1ppa
    T1ck3tR1ppa Guest
    I am having the exact same issue 5.2 and/or 7.1 randomly reverting to stereo. Any idea for a fix?

T1ck3tR1ppa, Jan 9, 2014
  6. None that I know of on our end. MS announced X1 updates soon, hopefully this issue and others will be addressed.

PrimitiveMeat, Jan 9, 2014
  7. No further comments? Since the latest update it has been happening more often

XxX KERNAL XxX, Mar 18, 2014
  8. Koop10010
    Koop10010 Guest

Is HDMI set to auto-detect? If so, try turning that off.

Koop10010, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Koop10010 Win User

Is HDMI set to auto-detect? If so, try turning that off.
  10. XxX KERNAL XxX Win User

No further comments? Since the latest update it has been happening more often
  11. T1ck3tR1ppa Win User

I am having the exact same issue 5.2 and/or 7.1 randomly reverting to stereo. Any idea for a fix?
  12. PrimitiveMeat Win User

None that I know of on our end. MS announced X1 updates soon, hopefully this issue and others will be addressed.
  13. PrimitiveMeat Win User

Mine was reverting back to 7.1.... when should be on 5.1. It has since stopped , know Idea why.
Thema:

1. Xbox One keeps randomly reverting back to Stereo sound over HDMI - Similar Threads - keeps randomly reverting

2. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons: Whenever I tried to use it on Xbox app (PC Version), the game controller goes nuts by rapidly switching between keyboard mapping and controller mapping. When I test it on Xbox Accessories App, I...
  3. My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?: I previously posted and the solution did not work, but I attend a University and my internet is great but the wired connection will randomly kick me offline. My internet and Ethernet cord are all...
  4. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  5. 1 year old pc keeps randomly freezing

in XBoX on Consoles
    1 year old pc keeps randomly freezing: specs OS Name ‏‏Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Processor 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF, 3400 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date...
  6. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...
  7. My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing buttons.: My Xbox controller keeps randomly pressing the capture button, Y button and causes my left joystick to go down (note my controller has not suffered from stick drift in the past). This issue only...
  8. My games keeps randomly closing out to the dashboard with no warning or reason it’s not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My games keeps randomly closing out to the dashboard with no warning or reason it’s not...: Every game that I try to play as a random time when it will just close and go to the dashboard without a warning without a reason it’s very aggravating. I’ve tried to factory reset it. I try to...
  9. Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why my Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting me from the internet?: It has been happening out of nowhere for the past few days not. I will be playing games and the it would say I lose connection and then it would come back on in a few second. Then after like 5-10...
  10. Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...

in XBoX on Windows
    Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...: Several of my friends and my own lot of XBox Series X's, keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023. Is there any news if Microsoft is going to roll back this release or...