XBox One issues with LG TV

Discus and support XBox One issues with LG TV in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I’m having issues with my original Xbox One and new LG LED TV model 49UK6400PLE. In all HDMI ports the screen is flashing to black then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by birkiearab, Jul 8, 2019.

  1. birkiearab
    birkiearab Guest

    XBox One issues with LG TV


    Hi there,

    I’m having issues with my original Xbox One and new LG LED TV model 49UK6400PLE.

    In all HDMI ports the screen is flashing to black then back to Xbox screen every second or so. If i go into Video fidelity and change the setting to 10 bit this temporarily fixes the problem by defaulting back to 8 bit. Next time I switch the TV off it’s
    flashing again.

    I’ve tried various changes to the TV settings on the advice of LG customer support but nothing has worked. I’ve also power cycled the Xbox and overridden the Display to HDMI.

    Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

    :)
     
    birkiearab, Jul 8, 2019
    #1
  2. Bazajaytee Win User

    Unable to connect system to LG TV

    LG's HDMI support is notoriously unstable, not sure if it is the way they handshake or whether their software is poor but it is a long standing complaint you can find in many places on the internet.

    Xbox 360 had issues with LG TV's as well (do a web search for xbox one lg tv hdmi and you'll get pages of results including PlayStation issues connecting to LG TV's so not limited to Microsoft).

    Things to try:

    On your TV that it works with, set your Xbox One to a lower resolution i.e. 720p then plug it in to the LG TV and see if it works.

    Check for a TV firmware update

    Reset TV to factory default settings

    Try other HDMI cables

    Try a HDMI to AV converter for your sister's TV and use AV cables with your Xbox One when using that TV.
  3. AntNeg Win User

    Xbox one s 3D bluray playback broken after latest system software update

    I have the same issue with Xbox One X and LG 55E6V TV
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

    Xbox Series X Handshake problem with TV's

    As I said, it's an incompatibility between the Xbox and TV hardware. I understand it's not happening with other devices but as explained above the issue is with the TV and LG would likely have to replace specific hardware to fix this issue. The fact that other Xbox users are having issues with LG TVs (but not other TVs) reinforces this further, LG will need to address this on their end.

    Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. Wraith Eight Win User

    No video just audio when playing back a 4k Blu-ray disc on Xbox One X

    I have the same exact issue, with the same LG C7 tv and Xbox One X.
  6. ASSASSYN Win User

    Intermittent Invalid Format Error on LG Television when using Xbox One

    I am having this same issue with my Xbox One X Scorpio on my LG OLED TV.
Thema:

XBox One issues with LG TV

Loading...
  1. XBox One issues with LG TV - Similar Threads - issues

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...