Xbox one issue with prepaid card

Discus and support Xbox one issue with prepaid card in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just wanted to write this out to give people a warning of something that happened to me today in hopes that maybe it can get fixed and/or avoid... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Worth 1 Million, Mar 3, 2014.

  1. Xbox one issue with prepaid card


    I just wanted to write this out to give people a warning of something that happened to me today in hopes that maybe it can get fixed and/or avoid people this issue.

    I was logged into my Xbox One account and was redeeming a 25$ prepaid card, my roommate (who has an account on my xbox and plays live on it under his account name) walked in the room and the kinect picked him up and logged him in as I was redeeming the code.
    As I hit enter and redeemed the code it credited the money to his account instead of mine, even though I had originally logged in and was sitting in front of my tv with the controller. I'm assuming it's because he walked in and it logged him in last.

    Contacted Xbox support and nothing could be done since it's a prepaid, but hopefully this problem can be fixed in the future.

    :)
     
    Worth 1 Million, Mar 3, 2014
    #1
  2. gamefriik200
    gamefriik200 Guest
    Do i need Credit Card?

    And same with Xbox One?

    I ment xbox prepaid cards not just prepaid cards like 3 months gold cards, still credit card information?
     
    gamefriik200, Mar 3, 2014
    #2
  3. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Gold subscription does not except prepaid cards.edit

    Doesn't trust banks or credit card companies. Tries to use their pre-paid cards.

    I fear for this person's future when they try to buy a house with no credit. Maybe they are rich and will just buy it out right with their mattress money.

    As for a solution to your problem, use your prepaid card from a company you don't trust to buy a 12-month or 3-month Xbox Live Gold card from the store.
     
    IndieRock, Mar 3, 2014
    #3
  4. gamefriik200 Win User

    Do i need Credit Card?

    And same with Xbox One?

    I ment xbox prepaid cards not just prepaid cards like 3 months gold cards, still credit card information?
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

    cant use my preaid credit card

    If you continue to have issues with your prepaid credit card, I'd recommend trying a different payment method. If you don't have one, you could use your prepaid credit card to purchase prepaid LIVE time cards or points cards instead. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  6. Smwutches Win User

    Complete newbie wants 1 year subscription to xBox on-line....

    No. You just either buy one through Xbox or buy a prepaid gold card and redeem it to your account. Prepaid cards are generally cheaper.
  7. XBF Amber M Win User

    ask about redeem a code

  8. maxi14xd Win User

    Xbox Live Gold Suscription

    But... using a prepaid card to add money to the microsoft account and then pay with that? Not the prepaid cards of "12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership", I want to use the ones that add money like "Xbox Live $50 Card"
Thema:

Xbox one issue with prepaid card

Loading...
  1. Xbox one issue with prepaid card - Similar Threads - issue prepaid card

  2. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  3. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  4. Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Question About Steelseries Artic Nova 7X Voice Issues: Hello, has anyone else with this headset been experiencing any chat/party issues with this headset within the last couple of weeks? Ever since September 12th when I am in a party either a Xbox...
  5. Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue

    in XboX Insiders
    Spotify gamebar widget transparency issue: Has anybody had an issue with the spotify gamebar widget not being transparent when the transparency bars are at 100, or could someone help me with this issue? I've done every fix possible and...
  6. xbox insider rings issues with features missing

    in XboX Insiders
    xbox insider rings issues with features missing: so this is my 2nd console update. i'm still in the omega ring despite now reaching level 2. i had to do the first update on my xbox one only to realise i didn't get a single feature. updating the...
  7. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  8. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Arctis Nova 7X Headset issue popping up in the last week on Alpha Skip Ahead: Hello all, Any help here would be great. I have a Steel Series Arctis Nova 7x Headset and an Xbox series X. I'm not having an issue with hearing game or party chat, but my friends are reporting...