Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.

Discus and support Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'll give quick words about what's going on. Basically when I am in a group I can't hear my friend even if I try going on an alt account, my account is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Shiba03, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Shiba03
    Shiba03 Guest

Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.

I'll give quick words about what's going on. Basically when I am in a group I can't hear my friend even if I try going on an alt account, my account is an adult account too.

I've done:

2 Resets of my Xbox one

1 Clear local saves

1 Clear MAC address

NOTE: When i'm on an alt account (not in the group) and my main is in the group I can hear my friend.

:)

Shiba03, Nov 26, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hi Shiba03,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

I can see that you are having issues with wherein you cannot hear you friend. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern. I'd like to ask a few questions about the issue:

1. May we ask if you have the same NAT type with your friend? (NAT Type: Open, Moderate, Strict, Unavailable)?
    2. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent update or new application installed on your device?
    3. Did this previously work?
    Please see the troubleshooting steps below to try and fix the issue.

• Check that your privacy settings allow you to communicate with everyone
    • Unmute or unblock the person you’re trying to chat with
    • Check that you’ve joined party chat from within the party window
    • Check to make sure that you’re not in a Discord voice channel
    • Check for network latency or other network issues
    You may also run through the troubleshooting steps found on the link below.

Troubleshoot audio problems in parties on Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. NIGHTMARE96 Win User

Can't hear anyone when I'm in game groups or parties

This may be the way your account privacy settings are configured.

Next time you are on your Xbox One, press the Guide button, go right to 'System', then select 'All Settings'. From there go to 'Account' >>> 'Privacy & Online Safety' >>> 'Xbox Live Privacy' >>> 'View Details & Customize'.

From there go to 'Communication & Multiplayer'. Where it says "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites" make sure it is set to "Everybody" if you wish for all players to communicate with you.
  5. Castellus Zemi Win User

Can't hear anyone when I'm in game groups or parties

This may be the way your account privacy settings are configured.

Next time you are on your Xbox One, press the Guide button, go right to 'System', then select 'All Settings'. From there go to 'Account' >>> 'Privacy & Online Safety' >>> 'Xbox Live Privacy' >>> 'View Details & Customize'.

From there go to 'Communication & Multiplayer'. Where it says "Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites" make sure it is set to "Everybody" if you wish for all players to communicate with you.
    You should check your privacy setting, If everything is enabled. I would suggest going to your network setting and make sure your NAT type is open. If its closed reply back and I can tell you some thing that can make it open. If your NAT type is open and
    your encountering this issue. I would try resetting your modem/router.

If that doesn't fix it try doing a power cycle on your console. To do this you will need to press and HOLD the power button on your CONSOLE until the LIGHT turns OFF. Next you will need to unplug your console from the wall and wait 2 minutes. After the 2
    minutes are up restart the console.

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!!!
  6. TonyDKuma Win User

Available Gamertag Given a Tag

I'm having a similar issue.

I have 2 accounts, one is my main account and the other was for when friends without an account wanted to play. I paid for both, but over time the alt account fell into not being used.

When the new name system was implemented, I tried to switch my main account name to one I use now. It had numbers added to the end, which I found strange as there isn't another person with my name. Out of curiousity I then checked on my alt account
    and it didn't have numbers attached! Nobody has been able to give my an answer as to why or how to get the numbers taken off my main account.
Thema:

1. Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account. - Similar Threads - issue can't hear

2. XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Series X Controller/Poor Support - Can't Resolve Issue: I purchased my XBOX Series X last summer. My controller is now experiencing drift on the right stick. Not only does my account show my 1-year warranty is expired, it shows that this warranty was...
  3. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  4. Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect to mobile broadband (Static IP issue): Hi, would appreciate any help on this as I'm close to banging my head against the wall. I have an Xbox Series X and received Three 5G hub at the start of the month, worked fine with an ethernet...
  5. Network Delta issue to the point can't play

in XboX Insiders
    Network Delta issue to the point can't play: As of the 1st of the year something happened and everything is so slow it like my account is screwed up to the max! i've called tech support only to get blown of and pissed off! i have a 400...
  6. I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've had my account for 8 years, now you can't verify its me, how can you solve this issue?: I've had my xbox account for 8+ years and today I've been told there's "usual activity" on my account. To what that is, is beyond me. I can't use the phone code because it's linked to my old phone...
  7. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  8. I clicked the "feedback" button to report a webpage issue. It took me here but I can't...

in XboX Insiders
    I clicked the "feedback" button to report a webpage issue. It took me here but I can't...: Hope this helps. submitted by /u/6ar9r [link] [comments]
  9. I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download one specific game, it's the only one with this issue.: I've been trying to download Rainbow Six Siege from the PC game pass for weeks now, but with no luck. The "Install" button will switch between having a globe/internet symbol next to the word...
  10. My First Post is Locked, so I can't comment/reply, yet my issue remains unsolved. I was...

in XboX Insiders
    My First Post is Locked, so I can't comment/reply, yet my issue remains unsolved. I was...: I was happily chilling, playing OG Xbox games on my 360 - as usual. SSX 3 is digitally stored on my console, and I have been playing for years. I needed help with something, and mentioned my...