Xbox One is not starting up

Discus and support Xbox One is not starting up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For a couple of weeks, I've been getting troubles with the Xbox One console performance. Post here... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RAAM45, Dec 23, 2015.

1. RAAM45
    RAAM45 Guest

For a couple of weeks, I've been getting troubles with the Xbox One console performance. Post here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/2093888.aspx.

But now I can't even start-up the system. My power brick is currently connected to the wall,
    but it was always connected to a voltage regulator before. Whenever I try to turn it on, it will do the sound of boot as always,
    then it will make the sound as if I pressed the disc eject button (without ejecting it),
    then it will do the sound of the console turning off. After this, on the screen it shows the Xbox One green loading screen, but in a bad quality display and it disappears. Finally, it turns off and the power brick, as usual, changes to orange
    after the white light. What's the problem?

:)

RAAM45, Dec 23, 2015
  2. Xbox One Not Starting Up

First time posting. My console won't turn on and I've tried all of the typical methods ( unplugging the power supply from the outlet, the supply itself, and the console) making sure everything was plugged in all the way, checking hdmi. When I press the startup
    button on the console the x doesn't light up and it emits a quieter version of the normal tone and nothing else.

xXTarroristXx, Dec 23, 2015
  3. denis97g
    denis97g Guest
    Xbox One not starting up

try to powercycle it by holding the power button for 10 seconds and turning it back on.

denis97g, Dec 23, 2015
  4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One not starting up

Hi, that's not looking to good, it may be a corrupted hard drive or some system files are messed up.

What you could try is to factory reset the Xbox, you'll need to be sure you know your account login details before doing this as you will need those, so without further ado........

Power the Xbox off by pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds, then press and hold the controller bind button on the Xbox ( not on the controller ) and the disc eject button, keep both those buttons held in and press the Xbox power button once
    only.

The Xbox should power up, keep bind and eject held and hopefully you'll get the troubleshooter up, when you do then let go of those two buttons. From the troubleshooter select the option to reset the xbox and select the Reset and keep my games & apps option.

If the troublshooter doesn't come up first time then try the process again.

The reset will take maybe 5 minutes or so, the Xbox may also update again during the process, if all goes well then you'll need to add your account/s back to the Xbox, when you do that be sure that you
    do not select Get a new account otherwise you'll have all sorts of issues, just enter the email address and password for the account/s you want to add to the Xbox.

Once that's done then with a little bit of luck your Xbox will be back to working order.

Good kuck

Eggs
  5. denis97g Win User

Xbox One not starting up

try to powercycle it by holding the power button for 10 seconds and turning it back on.
  6. BenO1 Win User

Xbox One not starting up

Tried that! It froze part way through the re-set up.
  7. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox one start up issues

This can be fixed with an offline update. Now as you can't actually access the settings to do this there is a way to restore to factory defaults using a USB flash drive. If you visit the offline system diagnostic support page you can download the Restore
    Factory Defaults file:

support.xbox.com/.../system-updates-solution

Read through the process of formatting the flash drive etc thoroughly and follow the instructions as if you were doing a system update but using the file you downloaded you may find that your console will then boot correctly.

Hope this helps you!
  8. nivgana Win User

Fault with Xbox one starting up

Hi Ruben, thanks for your response.

I followed the power supply reset procedure and it hasnt resolved my issue.

Any more help/advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
Thema:

1. Xbox One is not starting up - Similar Threads - starting

2. one drive is not getting started

in XBoX on Windows
    one drive is not getting started: one drive is not getting started. 89c9d416-9816-45bb-a87d-b61eb53c5c72
  3. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  4. Xbox series X has problems starting up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has problems starting up: Has anyone else had issues with this? My best guess is probably a failing power supply from research. It started a few weeks ago I will go to start my Xbox Series X up and the light on the console...
  5. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  6. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  7. Xbox games not starting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox games not starting: Every time I try to launch a game the screen goes grey then goes back to the Home Screen then when I test multiplayer connection it says I need to sign in to play the game I then tried to hard...
  8. The game couldn't start

in XBoX on Consoles
    The game couldn't start: Guys please help me my games says : the game couldn't start. Try to downloading the game agian. That happened becuse i (Patchxex) help me pls [Moderator Edit: Changed title from "Mumin"]...
  9. Smoke started coming out of my Xbox one x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Smoke started coming out of my Xbox one x.: My Xbox one x has been off for several hours when it suddenly made a weird noise and smoke started coming out of it. It smelt like burning plastic. It still turns on but it heats up very quickly,...
  10. My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My internet starts to spike whenever I play Roblox, and it's really annoying.: Roblox internet has been spiking for like a week now. I don't know why. Please help, Microsoft. 12f21ddb-5f2f-4d82-bf78-37b5d096e3aa