XBOX ONE - Invert X-axis on right thumbstick?

Discus and support XBOX ONE - Invert X-axis on right thumbstick? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Team, Hope everyone is well. I just purchased Halo 5 for the first time and learned that there is no option to invert the x-axis for the right... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Adam1515WO, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Adam1515WO
    Adam1515WO Guest

Team,

Hope everyone is well. I just purchased Halo 5 for the first time and learned that there is no option to invert the x-axis for the right thumbstick. Is there any other way to do this? Either within the game or within the xbox settings or apps?

Ive seen several threads on this but never a clear answer. Any guidance here would be appreciated. Genuinely believe my ability to play this game is dependent on xaxis inversion lol.

Thank you!

Adam

:)

Adam1515WO, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Sorry that option is missing. I would first recommend posting to the Halo Waypoint to see if anyone else has info on this setting within the game.
    https://halowaypoint.com

If there is a way to invert X on the controller that would be system wide it would be within the Device Settings menu where you can set up how your controller works.
  3. Fast Chet Win User

Glad to hear that you picked up Halo 5. Not an option in game, but as TwistedTitanium stated you can if you own an Elite controller. Good gaming!
  4. TwistedTitanium Win User

If you have an Elite controller you can map the right thumbstick how you like it.
  5. Adam1515WO Win User

Thank you for the response! Appreciate your help!
  6. TripleTopper321 Win User

No invert X thumbsticks?

I know many of the games I play offer an in-game option to invert the X axis.

This is an issue left up to the game devs, not the console maker.
    Actually, the xbox OS has an OS level "button programming system, whihc has "invert y" on both thumbsticks and "swap thumbsticks", but no "invert X" in the "system level" Isn't the whole idea of the Xbox One OS button programming is so you don't always
    have to rely on the developer to get a feature, a DIY proigramming indeoendent of the game?

If you want to downlaod it yourself, it's in the Xbox One apps. It's called "Xbox accessories" You can run it, save various proflies for unique games, or games wth a common bond. (like third person 3D playformers/shooters" for a game like Super mario

Heck while we're at it, instead of one box for "swap thumbsticks" it should have 2 independent check boxes for choices for "swap both thumbstick's X axis controls" and "swap both thiubstick's Y axis controls" On some classic shooters the look left/right
    is paired witth walk forward/back, not look up/down,a nd strafe left/right is paired with look up/down, not walk forward/backward.

And maybe there should be a separate "in game" setting and "OS" setting, so you don't have to think like the game in OS.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE - Invert X-axis on right thumbstick? - Similar Threads - Invert axis right

2. Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app

in XboX Insiders
    Invert X-Axis in Xbox Accessories app: Xbox Accessories>Configure>Edit>Mapping>Right Stick>Primary>"Invert X-Axis" does not exist! (Invert Y-axis) is a setting that exists, exactly, in the same menu. However, having an X-axis...
  3. Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows.: Hello I need my xbox controllers rs to be inverted in windows. I tried doing this using the xbox accessories app but after ticking invert right stick there is no button to save the profile....
  4. How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to invert the X Axis on the Right Analogue Stick on Xbox Series X?: On the Xbox Series X from the Accessibility section of the Settings menu how do I invert the X axis of the Right Analogue Stick. e0ff03c1-70bf-4fed-9419-5546493afcbd
  5. How can I invert my video?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I invert my video?: The video is now inverted and I couldn't revert it back to the original settings. Need help... a62b2e9e-a684-477a-a27d-2ad6588a97d7
  6. Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Screen capture videos on age of empire 4 save in inverted/negative colours?: When I record screen capture videos on age of empire 4 it only saves in strange colours ie negative colour scheme. It does not do this on other games. I have had a look at the settings but...
  7. Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Consoles
    Invert X-Axis on Xbox Series: Hi there, My girlfriend is certainly one of the few percentages of humanity for whom the x and y axes have to be inverted in many games (e.g. working with point-of-view angles). She regularly...
  8. Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can I invert the x or y-axis for the analog stick on the Xbox Elite Series 2...: This is a screenshot of the Xbox Accessories app. As you can see I am on the stick tab. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis. Why can I invert them on a normal Xbox controller but not...
  9. Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Option to invert left stick x-axis in Xbox Accessories App on PC: Would it be possible to add the option, in the Xbox Accessories App on PC, to invert the x-axis of the left stick of the xbox one controller (or any supported controller)? I can't imagine that it...
  10. There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is no option to invert the x or y-axis on the Elite Series 2: You can invert them on a normal controller but not on the Elite Series 2. I looked through the Xbox Accessories App but there is no option for it with the Elite....