Xbox One - I can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 single player from disc while offline

Discus and support Xbox One - I can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 single player from disc while offline in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own a disc copy of RDR2 for Xbox one and all updates are installed. I am currently unable to connect my XBox One to any network. Why can I not play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jonny-jokes, Feb 20, 2022.

1. jonny-jokes
    jonny-jokes Guest

Xbox One - I can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 single player from disc while offline

I own a disc copy of RDR2 for Xbox one and all updates are installed. I am currently unable to connect my XBox One to any network. Why can I not play the game I spent €70 on, on a console I paid hundreds for? It's incredibly frustrating. I've read something about licensing some war horse that I was not made aware of nor do I use in the game. It's absurd. There are parts of the world where internet is not relible. People have spent a lot of hard-earned money on these products, which they own, and to be told, 'You cannot access this game that you own because you are not online' is not acceptable.

What is the solution?

:)

jonny-jokes, Feb 20, 2022
  2. {Parity} Win User

Оффлайн режим консоли [offline console mode]

Here is some information that I found.

Can Red Dead Redemption 2 Be Played Offline?

Rockstar will undoubtedly integrate social components into Red Dead Redemption 2’s single-player story which need an online connection to function. However, players should be able to at least play the story campaign
    even if they’re not connected to the internet. An active internet connection will naturally be required for downloading the game’s digital version and for playing Red Dead Online.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red dead online

Firstly, the retail full version of Red Dead Redemption 2 on disc already includes Red Dead Online so unless you have transitioned to a digital only console, you wouldn't need to purchase it again.
    Secondly, which digital version did you purchase? There is the full game Red Dead Redemption 2. There is also Red Dead Online, which is obviously the online part. And then there is Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode, which is just a DLC for Red Dead Online (owning Red Dead Online is required) which allows you to play the single player campaign.
    Please check your purchase history to see which one you have purchased.
  4. Mr Wolf 15G Win User

Read Dead Redenption k

Red Dead Redemption 1 on xbox 360 should work without a connection.

Limiting you to only the offline single player game.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xbox

Did you purchase Red Dead Redemtion 2: Story Mode, or did you purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 the full game?

Story Mode is just an add-on for Red Dead Online. If you had access to Game Pass games you could download RDO and then purchase Story Mode to play the single player. RDO has been removed from Game Pass. If you only purchase Story Mode, you will now need to purchase RDO to keep playing the single player.

So to wrap it up, to play the single player portion you need to have purchased either the full Red Dead Rredemption 2 game or you have to have purchased BOTH Red Dead Online and it's Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode add-on.

Story Mode is merely an add-on for RDO. It is not the full single player game.
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Make sure that your console is set to offline by following the steps below:

Settings > General > Network Settings > Go Offline.

After that perform a powercycle before re-launching the game. Here you go:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
Thema:

1. Xbox One - I can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 single player from disc while offline - Similar Threads - can't play Red

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  4. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  5. Can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play my games: Every time I try to start a game the Xbox light on the console flashes and I get booted to home but all my streaming apps work... Is it time to get a new Xbox 7851d64a-061e-4492-84fc-35a9eea6a4bb
  6. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  7. I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it.: Back when Red Dead got announced I bought the game and played it when it came out and then forgot about it. I tried to reinstall it and play it again and when I would go to my library, I don't...
  8. Can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 Story mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Red Dead Redemption 2 Story mode: Why can't I play red dead 2 story mode anymore I owned this game since 2018 and now i have to pay for something I already use to own 9d8a34ca-5819-4c2e-8344-6af6c64e82a0
  9. why can't I play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode: I was playing red dead online when it was on gamepass so i decided to buy the story mode but when the gamepass subscription ended i didn't any rights of playing red dead redemption 2 story mode...
  10. Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and now I can't play it: I can literally look at the store order from 3 months ago. I bought RDR2 and played it for about a month. Then work got busy and I didn't play for about a month and a half. When I dusted off the...