Xbox one home screen not responding to the A button being pressed on any pad, wh?

Discus and support Xbox one home screen not responding to the A button being pressed on any pad, wh? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It's only the A button being ignored. Game icons and menu options react as if the button has been pressed but nothing happens. Have tried 2 different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Marvinho Hicks, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Xbox one home screen not responding to the A button being pressed on any pad, wh?

It's only the A button being ignored. Game icons and menu options react as if the button has been pressed but nothing happens. Have tried 2 different pads, resyncing the pad and hard resets, but problem persists after 2 days

:)

Marvinho Hicks, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Xbox one home screen not responding to the A button being pressed on any pad, wh?

Hi Marvinho H, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

It is possible that this problem happens due to a lack of update or some error in the system, so I am going to suggest taking some steps to solve this problem.

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely. 
    2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.  

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

1. Press the menu key on the controller.  
    2. Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-ray.  
    3. In the Blu-ray section, select Persistent Storage.  
    4. Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear MAC address.

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.  
    2. Select Settings.  
    3. Select All Settings.  
    4. Select Network.  
    5. Select Network settings.  
    6. Select Advance settings.  
    7. Select Alternate MAC address.  
    8. Select Clear.

If the issue persists, there may be a problem with your console's operating system (OS) that is preventing the game from playing properly. You can reset your console’s OS without deleting your games or apps.

To reset your console without losing your game data, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. On the Reset of your console? Screen, select Reset and keep my games & apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

If the console reset is successful, you may be prompted to repeat some general console set-up steps before you are returned to the Home screen.

Credits: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/56f4ee42-da3f-450a-9443-56ae1870628f

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Courtney Todd Win User

Hello again Marvinho H,

This problem that you are experiencing is super strange, a reset should have fixed this problem since this process eliminates any corrupt file that is in the system, preventing its proper functioning, which makes me understand that the problem would be hardware, your console Is there a guarantee? You can check your warranty here:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

I wait your answer.
  4. Marvinho Hicks Win User

Since I posted this, I've been on the phone with Xbox support who got me to A factory reset but keep game data. When console restarted and I started going through the set up process, all seemed fine until I got to the sign into your account part, where the next button refuses to respond to the A button being pressed, even though it has worked on the language and location sections before it

Got me and tech support stumped now
  5. Marvinho Hicks Win User

It isn't, it's a standard Xbox one that I've had about 6 years now
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Resident evil 6 crashes!

The first step in resetting an Xbox One is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox One controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.

Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select reset and remove everything. Then press the A button. .

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
Thema:

1. Xbox one home screen not responding to the A button being pressed on any pad, wh? - Similar Threads - home screen responding

2. Changing Back Home Screen Customizing

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing Back Home Screen Customizing: Im not the only one thinking that we need the old home customizing, where you can Add and remove all things to have a clean home screen with all what you needed set up the way you like instead of...
  3. Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x dimming on everything except home screen: Hello everyone, I am having issues with the dimming on my Xbox. I went to play Hogwarts Legacy and the screen was so dimmed I couldn't see anything. I quit the game and my screen went back to...
  4. Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone elses youtube app turning black and going back to the xbox home screen: Youtube app keeps crashing de16a5f1-9a99-4ee8-927a-be1ea2eebf97
  5. why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?: xbox series x kicks out to home screen only on certain games, no error message is shown. i have soft rest, hard reset and even reset the console totally. games like destiny, starfield, assassins...
  6. Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen?: Hi, I just wondered if there was a way to pin the game/app tiles at the top of the home screen? This is mostly just an aesthetics thing for me but also to make things easy to access too. I...
  7. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  8. Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X crashing to Home Screen!: So I’ve had my Xbox X for just over a year now, since I tried to play starfield my Xbox started crashing to Home Screen. I gave up trying to play starfield tried all steps in posts I’ve seen even...
  9. Question: Home screen display ...........

in XboX Insiders
    Question: Home screen display ...........: Given I am already a Game Pass Ultimate subcriber (and have been for 3+ years), how exactly, is this useful to me? Your post editor wouldn't allow me to actually attach them(the "Image & Video",...
  10. Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi everyone my Xbox series x is not responding to the button a when on Home Screen I have...: Urgent as Xbox not doing anything ca1586cd-ca3e-4e18-ad0d-9372ddc39e9f