Xbox One Home/Guide Button Wont Work

Discus and support Xbox One Home/Guide Button Wont Work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got my xbox one for christmas and has had no issues until earlier today all the buttons on my controller work except for the main home/guide button,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PaulSpence, Jan 2, 2016.

1. PaulSpence
    PaulSpence Guest

I got my xbox one for christmas and has had no issues until earlier today all the buttons on my controller work except for the main home/guide button, so whenever i want to switch games i have to manually turn the console off and on, and i cant snap anything
    either so i cant check my achievements or record a clip, i have changed batteries in my controller, restarted the console and everything, anybody know how to solve this?

:)

PaulSpence, Jan 2, 2016
  2. shemy83
    shemy83 Guest
    Thrustmaster tx racing wheel issues after october updater for preview programers

yes had same problem will not work only the guide button works,buttons when pressed wont respond

shemy83, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Guide doesnt appear when i press home button!?!?!?

hi, i just logged into my xbox one and when i press the home button thé screens becomes blurred just as is the guide will show up but nothing comes up. Is there anyway to make it work again it wont let me read msg or see who is online! Thx

PraiseTheLordQC, Jan 2, 2016
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Try this it has worked for some others. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and power the console back up.
    Once the console is back up test for results. Good Luck!

{Parity}, Jan 2, 2016
  5. PaulSpence
    PaulSpence Guest
    thank you Genisis1953 that worked

PaulSpence, Jan 2, 2016
  6. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    Great news! Glad it worked for you. Happy Gaming!

{Parity}, Oct 31, 2018
  7. {Parity} Win User

Great news! Glad it worked for you. Happy Gaming!
  8. PaulSpence Win User

thank you Genisis1953 that worked
  9. {Parity} Win User

Try this it has worked for some others. Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds or until it shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and power the console back up.
    Once the console is back up test for results. Good Luck!
  10. MoDiggs78 Win User

Xbox guide/home button not working

I'm having a similar issue. At first they wouldn't connect to the xbox one. I was able to get them to connect via the sync buttons on the console and the controllers. Once on and working, everything seems fine until you press the guide button. That still
    doesn't work. I tried updating the controllers, but it had no effect. The only thing out of the ordinary was that immediately before this started happening, I tried streaming to my laptop.
  11. cy43rguru Win User

Xbox guide/home button not working

Could you clarify what doesn't work means? As in what is the expectation, and what were you doing at the time you noticed it doesn't work?
Thema:

1. Xbox One Home/Guide Button Wont Work - Similar Threads - Home Guide Button

2. Xbox home features

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox home features: Hi if my friend home my account and we try to play me on my own account and him on his account and we ar both online dos the game share feature still work's? Cuz it says thay can play without me...
  3. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  4. my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x will not connect to home wifi: my xbox series x is being a huge hassle right now. it connects to my phone hotspot just fine but it says my password for my home wifi is wrong when its not! my phone and laptop both easily...
  5. Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get my home xbox switch back?: i accidentally used my last switch when my friend tried switching my xbox to his home. now i have no more switches and cannot play any of the games i previously could, could i possibly get a...
  6. My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft X-box Series S suddenly stopped connecting to our home wifi network. Help?: Our home wifi seems to work with phones, laptops, etc...but it just stopped allowing my X-Box Series S to connect. Cannot figure out way and have tried all the steps I can find recommended....
  7. Why won't my Xbox connect back up to my home wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox connect back up to my home wifi?: I use an Xbox series X, and for the last two days it has refused to connect to the wifi. It will connect to my hotspot, but not the wifi. It doesn't give an error, just treats it like I'm not...
  8. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  9. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  10. Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...: The Home Button of my Xbox One S is not working properly. When pressed, it wouldn't pull up the guide or menu. Also, my Xbox system settings was not responding (as such, I'm not able to change...