Xbox one Home button not working

Discus and support Xbox one Home button not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've gotten a new Xbox One with the manufactured controller for just a little over a month. I can hold the Xbox button and turn my Xbox on, but when I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DX Man 777, Jan 6, 2016.

1. DX Man 777
    DX Man 777 Guest

I've gotten a new Xbox One with the manufactured controller for just a little over a month. I can hold the Xbox button and turn my Xbox on, but when I tap the button during a game to take me to home screen, or double tap for the profile, party, and snap
    menues, etc, nothing happens. it's like the action for the button is not being read by the Xbox One. I've never in countered a problem such as this ever. The only way to get back to my home screen is to either restart my Xbox or eject the disc, but that won't
    work if it's a downloaded game. Any answers or help?

:)

DX Man 777, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Xbox one home button not working

When i hard reset my xbox i try to turn on my controller but the home button is not working at all, what do i do?

grobe_19papameags, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Keedle
    Keedle Guest
    Xbox one home button not working

Vigita and Xuoi, may I ask if it locks up your system completely? Because mine has been doing this whenever I do anything more than move around the dashboard. Usually after I try to go to social or store or anything that isn't just letting sit there really.

Keedle, Jan 6, 2016
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

If you highlight setting in the guide menu on the left of the console and then use restart console option from there this should normally fix this problem.

gds1972, Jan 6, 2016
  5. maxen
    maxen Guest
    Hello DX Man,

You should try a full power cycle (support.xbox.com/.../power-cycle-console) of the console if the simple restart (above) won't work. This may seem basic but has a tendency
    to flush out these issues.

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Jan 6, 2016
  6. DX Man 777
    DX Man 777 Guest
    Apparently my xbox needed an update and after the update, restart, and applying update process was finished it started to work again. I guess there is much more understanding to do with this new gen xbox than meets the eye....

DX Man 777, Jan 7, 2016
  7. i can't find an update ...

xXMissionPlayXx, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Chris4024 Win User

Xbox One home button not working?

I have this problem too. When I play a game, I can't go back to the Xbox home screen. I have to power off and then restart. WTF????
  9. Hordie Win User

Hi All,

This post is pretty old, and it looks like the OP has their answer. So the community can best assist with your exact issue, I would suggest creating your own threads.
  10. {Parity} Win User

That is great news. Glad it worked for you. Happy Gaming!
  11. Mavolent Win User

I did the hard reboot and it started working again. Thank you.
  12. Eilonwy71 Win User

Xbox One home button not working

Thank you for responding! I knew I was forgetting something when I made the list of things I've already tried! Yes, and every time I factory reset.
Thema:

1. Xbox one Home button not working - Similar Threads - Home button working

2. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  3. My Xbox home button does not work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox home button does not work anymore: I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game....
  4. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  5. My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox guide won’t work when I press my home button it says try launching again shortly...: I tried everything like resetting my console and unplugging it but nothing works 8c9e7e91-d0e3-4051-b1f8-62d163855ebf
  6. Xbox One home button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One home button not working: Screen fades a bit but resumes brightness. The menu will not open. This is preventing me from playing multiplayer games giving me a profile failed to load error message. I have taken the following...
  7. My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Home button(The big X) won’t work at All.: Hello, My problem is regarding my Xbox elite series two controller. My problem is I splilled a little drink on it and it didn’t work at all for a bit, now it works when I plugged it in. The...
  8. Xbox series S only home button working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S only home button working on controller: Basically what the title says. I have an xbox series S, with the series S controller. It first started with the problem of the controller not syncing with the battery packs (instead of double As,...
  9. home button only one working on controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    home button only one working on controller: The only button working on my xbox one controller is the home button. c83b9c9e-6edf-46c1-9049-1c418eac78ed
  10. Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S system SETTINGS not responding. Home Button is not working properly. Guide or...: The Home Button of my Xbox One S is not working properly. When pressed, it wouldn't pull up the guide or menu. Also, my Xbox system settings was not responding (as such, I'm not able to change...