Xbox one headset with 3.5mm jack controller

Discus and support Xbox one headset with 3.5mm jack controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought the newer style controller with the 3.5mm port. I'm presuming I don't need the adapter to use a headset for game and chat audio? I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sals13, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Sals13
    Sals13 Guest

I just bought the newer style controller with the 3.5mm port. I'm presuming I don't need the adapter to use a headset for game and chat audio? I've tried to look online but some reviews on headsets I've looked at have said you still need it, surely that
    defeats the object of having this new controller? Im guessing they havent set up the audio settings properly?

:)

Sals13, Jan 4, 2016
  2. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Confusion about XBoxOne headset vs. controller compatibility

Hi

The two headsets that you have listed above have 3.5mm jacks on them that will connect to all Xbox One controllers that have the 3.5mm jack. If you have an earlier level controller without the 3.5mm jack port then you will require the headset adapter or
    chatpad below.

www.xbox.com/.../Stereo-Headset-Adapter

www.xbox.com/.../chatpad

gds1972, Jan 4, 2016
  3. XRaiderV1.
    XRaiderV1. Guest
    looking to get a headset...

I'm looking to get a headset for my xbox one, as I've got one of the new controllers with the 3.5mm jack, my question is, can I use ANY headset with this that has a 3.5mm jack, even if its one of those cheap $10 cellphone headsets, provided it has
    the required 3.5mm jack?

XRaiderV1., Jan 4, 2016
  4. Farscape247
    Farscape247 Guest

you can use any headset with 3.5mm, i have used a few different ones now.

Farscape247, Jan 4, 2016
  5. Sals13
    Sals13 Guest
    Cheers I just wanted to make sure before I shelled out for a pair

Sals13, Oct 31, 2018
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Party chat through Xbox App while hearing voice/game audio through headset connected to controller

Hi there Horito,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to take a look into some resources. If you are using an Xbox One Controller, you will need the following components:

• Xbox One headset adapter
    • 3.5mm CTIA Splitter cable (3 lines on the jack)
    • 3.5mm jack to jack auxiliary cable ( 2 lines on the jack)
    You will need to connect the Xbox One headset adapter to the Xbox One Controller. Then the 3.5mm CTIA Splitter cable (3 lines on the jack) connects into the adapter. The splitter cable will be identified as headset and mic. The 3.5mm jack to jack auxiliary
    cable ( 2 lines on the jack) will be used in the mic cord to the Yeti Mic.

Hope this helps.
  7. aleast00 Win User

Headphones nor chat are working

The controller just has the 3.5mm jack the XBox One S did not come with the stero headset controller...just plugging into the 3.5mm jack worked for a few weeks right out of the box
  8. gds1972 Win User

Confusion about XBoxOne headset vs. controller compatibility

Hi

The two headsets that you have listed above have 3.5mm jacks on them that will connect to all Xbox One controllers that have the 3.5mm jack. If you have an earlier level controller without the 3.5mm jack port then you will require the headset adapter or
    chatpad below.

www.xbox.com/.../Stereo-Headset-Adapter

www.xbox.com/.../chatpad
  9. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Can I use USB Headset on the Xbox one

USB headsets do not work with Xbox One. The only ones that will work are ones that use a 3.5mm jack with the controller or one of their (Xbox) certified headsets.
  10. Frathos Win User

Xbox Mic not working after December Update

The original Xbox One controllers didn't include a 3.5mm jack. You mentioned that you were using a newer controller and as that will have a 3.5mm jack, it may be possible that the problem you are having with your headset is related to that following the
    recent Dashboard update. Unfortunately it appears that Microsoft have introduced an incompatibility between consoles and controllers using the 3.5mm jack.

You may be able to use a stereo headset adapter or chatpad to workaround the issue as the 3.5mm jacks on those devices don't appear to be affected.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox one headset with 3.5mm jack controller - Similar Threads - headset 5mm jack

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings: Can someone explain to me what each frequency range represents? 125Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz My headset sounds terrible for first person shooters. submitted by /u/Hayden22Stone [link]...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  7. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  8. How do i fix my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my headset chat mixer?: It’s greyed out and stuck on the right. I’ve reset my console, updated my console, updated my controller, unplugged and plugged my headset back in but nothing is working, Does anyone know how to...
  9. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  10. Headset not assigning to account

in XboX Insiders
    Headset not assigning to account: I’m trying to setup astro a40s and mixamp and Im trying to assign the headset to my account but every time I click assign it doesn’t do anything it just brings me back to the assign page can...