Xbox One headset not working

Discus and support Xbox One headset not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just recently got an Xbox One a few days ago only to find that the headset didn't work right out of the box. I joined a chat and wasn't able to hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TerraKingBrad, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Xbox One headset not working

I just recently got an Xbox One a few days ago only to find that the headset didn't work right out of the box. I joined a chat and wasn't able to hear anything through the headset. My friends could hear me and I could see the green dot blinking around
    their names as if they were talking. I could see my green dot blinking as well so I know my voice was carrying through the mic, but I just can't hear anybody. And yes I have party chat turned on. I don't know if I'm missing something or if my mic is just broken.
    Do I need to send it in for repairs as GameStop can't replace it.

:)

TerraKingBrad, Jan 3, 2014
  2. Mic problems on my brand new Xbox One

my mic on my xbox one headset is not working ,i a new headset still not working..........come on fix it MS!

LumbarSinger498, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Headset mic not working party chat blocked code0x80072EE7 after hard boot

Hi sons xbox one headset mic not working new set hard booted console told us party chat blocked also checked enforcment no issue code 0x80072EE7 can you help on headset he can hear friends but mic not working

TrainedArcher70, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Tangwich
    Tangwich Guest

Hey TerraKingBrad

Have you tried checking the troubleshooting on this article here (support.xbox.com/.../nat-error-solution) and see if that maybe resolves your issue. If you
    try that and your problem isn’t fixed I’d definitely suggest contacting Xbox Support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and see about getting that headset replaced.

Tangwich, Jan 3, 2014
  5. SuperHedgey
    SuperHedgey Guest
    I had the same issue. Tonight I called Microsoft Support and I was told I would have to pay to send the mic back for them to send me the replacement. Really after I bought this p.o.s for over $600, I have to pay more to have thing work right. I have had
    issues from day one with this new "Next Gen" piece of crap.

SuperHedgey, Feb 19, 2014
  6. MrGuster
    MrGuster Guest
    Having lots of chat issues tonight. Only one person in our party can hear and chat. Same thing in games.

MrGuster, Feb 19, 2014
  7. I'll simply be buying myself a mic to use with my xbox and PC, and other systems. I'd rather not buy another one of those cheap headsets when I can just get a good one that works for all my devices. Was pretty annoying that I get a new system and I have
    to use kinect all the time just to chat. While kinect isn't bad I prefer being able to talk into my mic and not have everyone hear what I'm doing.

TerraKingBrad, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Can I use USB Headset on the Xbox one

USB headsets do not work with Xbox One. The only ones that will work are ones that use a 3.5mm jack with the controller or one of their (Xbox) certified headsets.
  9. whiteandshiny Win User

headset stopped workiing

10. Christyna64 Win User

Headset connection Issue

Is the headset compatible withe Xbox One? Some headsets work with PC but not with Xbox One.
  11. Skwurt Reynolds Win User

Does anyone know if the Xbox one will have any audio adapter of some sort?

12. SP4C3C0WB0Y84 Win User

Turtle beach question?

None of the current gen TB headsets will work with the Xbox One. Wait for TB to release the Xbox One headsets and buy one of those.
Thema:

1. Xbox One headset not working - Similar Threads - headset working

2. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  3. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  4. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  5. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  6. Why is my headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my headset not working: Hi I bought this ear force recon chat headset it dosent work in my Xbox controller but if i plug it in a different controller it works also if i plug in a different headset it works on my...
  7. Microphone no longer works with any headset

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microphone no longer works with any headset: Has anyone else had this problem...no mic working..checked all settings and nothing was changed from day purchased..now doesn't work 04d0ab47-1906-40b5-9c03-1b1668d31b54
  8. I need to install a headset On my game, its not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to install a headset On my game, its not working: I want to install a headset, it will not workYy d467efea-df0b-4986-b12c-1e4fa57f9f00
  9. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  10. My headset chat mixer won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset chat mixer won’t work: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and my controller is up to date I do not know how to get it working please help 1249dda0-0862-42f8-8859-3153a9df526b