Xbox One Headset, just stopped working.

Discus and support Xbox One Headset, just stopped working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Don't know what happened, or how it happened, but is there a reason for a perfectly good headset, to just stop working? I've turned off my console,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by H2O Paladin, Jan 2, 2014.

1. H2O Paladin
    H2O Paladin Guest

Don't know what happened, or how it happened, but is there a reason for a perfectly good headset, to just stop working? I've turned off my console, and rebooted, still to no avail. I've treated my headset with the utmost of care, (until Turtle Beach) and
    this happened.

:)

H2O Paladin, Jan 2, 2014
  2. mdwigs
    mdwigs Guest
    Xbox Controller - Not working with Stereo Headset

Hello, I've had a Stereo Headset for a number of months now working fine with my day-one edition Xbox One controller. A few days ago it stopped working, though the controller itself works fine. it was just the audio that wasn't working. I tried to headset
    in another controller and it works fine, so its not the headset itself, just the controller. Please help! Thanks.

mdwigs, Jan 2, 2014
  3. OUT x LAWzz
    OUT x LAWzz Guest
    Why worthless headsets xbox?

Xbox Why do you produce Weak and useless headsets and its written on ém "xbox live" so it must be the best headset for the xbox live? Just saying i got 2 of them and they stopped working like each one took 2 months maybe? then stopped working and issues
    come ,you can't hear and you can talk or the opposite . Please make better headsets these headsets are worthless . Who say go buy other different headset not the original its good but expensive a little bit and i don't have experience with headsets thanks.

OUT x LAWzz, Jan 2, 2014
  4. ThorX360 Win User

Xbox Headset and controller

So recently my headset would just randomly stop working, but it was no big deal I would simply just unplug the headset and plug it back in again. But now it just completely stoped working. I pluged it into my phone and it worked just fine so im
    wondering if it had something to do with my controller and if I should buy a new one. Or if this can easly be fixed.
    Hi,

is it the official Xbox Wired Headset? If yes, I suggest you follow these guides:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter
  5. US Scudi Win User

Microphone not being recognised

Has these headsets worked before in the past and just now stopped working? If not there is a possibility they arent compatible with Xbox.
  6. Mellizano Win User

Xbox one mic not working

This has happened to me now, twice. I got the Titanfall edition Xbox One, about 2 months after I got it the headset out of no where stopped working. I could hear people through it, turn the volume up and down and hear the beeps but the microphone portion
    would not pick up my voice. The Kinect would work just fine though. So after that happened I went and purchased the Microsoft issued headset adapter to use Xbox 360 headsets. It seemed to work well for a while until last night. My batteries died on the controller
    and when I replaced them with new fully charged ones the headset again stopped working. I was using a Phillips telephone headset which worked on my 360 for 4 years no problem, and used it on the Xbox One with the adapter for about 3 months and it just stopped
    working like the original one did. So with frustration, I got my friend to bring over his known working headset and controller, linked it up to my console and tested my microphones and adapter. None would work. I plugged his headset in my controller and it
    worked. Okay so you narrow your problems down. It's not your controller, it's not your Kinect or any settings within. So I thought the adapter went bad. Well luckily I had an original Xbox 360 headset that still worked. So I plugged that in to the adapter
    and it worked. So right there that tells the adapter didn't go bad. Right away I switched back to my old headsets to see if the problem was still there and to my surprise the headsets did not work. So right now I am still using my adapter with an Xbox 360
    headset working fine. So I am completely baffled as to what this issue it. I do not abuse my equipment at all, it just stops working.
  7. AJFerrara Win User

Headphones nor chat are working

I have confirmed that both of my headsets work (carry sound and mic works) with other devices. However, they STOP working with every xbox one controller. I just got a replacement controller from Microsoft and it has stopped working.

Do I keep sending back the controllers? I have tried everything and am unable to hear any sounds in the headsets.

I appreciate any advice. Thank You!

A.J. Ferrara
  8. MisterMoo1031 Win User

Turtle Beach Headset issue

Ok, just tried it and it didn't record. I have 2 separate headsets and neither of them work. The old one used to, but stopped working a couple days ago.
Thema:

1. Xbox One Headset, just stopped working. - Similar Threads - Headset stopped working

2. Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox 3.5mm Xbox-brand headset stop working after a few days: For some reason my Xbox mic sound will be hearable but only for myself. This happens when my mic/controller is idle for a while (I guess) but it makes no sense. No it’s not a setting, it’s not...
  3. Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox stereo headset stop working so fast and easily?: I bought the starfeild version of the xbox stereo headset and the left earpeice which is used to control the chat mixer simply just doesnt work and i cant even change it through the audio settings...
  4. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  5. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  6. xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset chat mixer stop working: Hello ! The volume mixer on the official Xbox Wireless headset stopped working recently. The last thing I remember doing before noticing the problem was I moved from an Xbox chat group to a...
  7. Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset - How to stop it from turning on Xbox when using on PC?: Hello everybody, I have an Xbox Wireless headset and while I was only using it for my Xbox, everything was fine. It works perfectly. However, I recently built a PC to play iRacing and to my...
  8. Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox Wireless Headset stopped working on Fotnight Party chat?: Hello the party chat has stopped working when I play fortnite on my xbox one. I use a Xbox Wireless Headset. I have tried: Resetting headset Resetting xbox I have reset headphones...
  9. Headset audio suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset audio suddenly stopped working: Hi, So recently I bought a HyperX Cloud S 7.1 Gaming Headset around 2 weeks ago for my Windows 11 Laptop. However today I left it along with my HP laptop to go eat lunch. Which the audio...
  10. Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one): My mic (I can still hear) stops “working” when modern warfare is open if it’s completely closed it works fine (I’ve literally tried troubleshooting everything, googled, and talked with “support”)...